SpursNetwork

Spurs 'join Nani hunt'

Offline Daniisco

• http://spursnetwork.com
Spurs 'join Nani hunt'
« on: March 22, 2007, 04:47:24 PM »
Tottenham are ready to try and snatch Sporting Lisbon starlet Nani, according to reports in Portugal.

The 20-year-old forward is seen as the brightest talent in Portugal and it is believed he has already been closely scouted by both Manchester United and Chelsea.

Cristiano Ronaldo has reportedly even recommended Nani to his boss Sir Alex Ferguson.

United still have close ties to Sporting, but Nani is a huge talent and a host of clubs are thought to be chasing his signature.

Nani has continued to have an impressive season and Spurs have had scouts posted at numerous games; their sporting director Damien Comolli is understood to have taken in last weekend's clash between Sporting and Porto.

Spurs may now make formal enquiries over Nani, who is yet to sign a new long-term deal and is out of contract next year.

Well he must be good if Ronaldo wants Fergie to buy him. We should be looking at getting these young talented players if we want to challenge UTD and co. Fergie gambled on Ron and it payed off big time.

Spurs 'join Nani hunt'
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 04:50:01 PM »
Agreed. He gets good on PES so he must be good :D

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
  • Season Ticket: No
Spurs 'join Nani hunt'
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 04:50:20 PM »
i dont think we will have a chance, if utd are interested

Spurs 'join Nani hunt'
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 05:11:28 PM »
is he any good i have never seen him. does any one have a video?

Spurs 'join Nani hunt'
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2007, 05:19:58 PM »
Some vids of the wonderkid in action..

Well taken goal.

He looks technically gifted.

As I said in the second link, he looks technically gifted, and lightening quick, Lennon v Nani race anyone? :D

Good buy imo if we can nab him, could probably sort out our LW problem.

Offline Daniisco

Spurs 'join Nani hunt'
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2007, 05:20:36 PM »
Found some info that might help;

Nani started his career at Real Sport Clube de Massam

Spurs 'join Nani hunt'
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2007, 05:42:31 PM »
looks brilliant. we should do what ever we can to get him. only problem is i dont think we can do enough. he will be at man u or chelsea next year.

Spurs 'join Nani hunt'
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2007, 07:11:23 PM »
Quote from: Biggs;610
i dont think we will have a chance, if utd are interested

You know Dimitar rejected Man United to come to Spurs, don't you? ;)

Offline Daniisco

Spurs 'join Nani hunt'
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2007, 07:16:51 PM »
Very true DB, we can certainly attract these sort of players. If we get into Europe again we'll have a better chance

Offline SpursLad

• Peng.
Spurs 'join Nani hunt'
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2007, 07:45:42 PM »
Yeah Bubs accepted us over United so why can't we get this kid. From the vids he looks pretty nifty. We should gamble.

Offline SpursLad

• Peng.
Spurs 'join Nani hunt'
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2007, 07:53:05 AM »
Spurs are leading the race to sign attacking midfielder Nani - known as the new Cristiano Ronaldo - from Sporting Lisbon. (The Sun)

From BBC Gossip.

Offline Rob

Spurs 'join Nani hunt'
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2007, 10:26:33 AM »
First of all he is too light to become anything like C Ronaldo. Ask any Portuguese person he has been awful this year nor creative at all. Secondly Dimitar chose you because you were interested in him since the beginning and what we tried to do was contact him after the move to tottenham was accepted. He wanted to respect you guys and thought you wanted him more hence he chose you. In case on Nani we have been following him for quite some time so there is no doubt who he will chose between manutd and spurs. But I for one want him to go to spurs, I don't want him. He is all hype and real end product. And papers do suck big time for them every new player is Ronaldo, Henry and Zidane successor, I mean come on give me a break!

Additionally Sporting is our reader club.
I used to think that being lazy was bad for me .......  So I gave up thinking

Offline Rob

Spurs 'join Nani hunt'
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2007, 12:57:23 PM »
apparently Manchester United have already started negotiating with Sporting lisbon because of their partnership and portugese connections. It seems more and more likely that he will end up at Old Trafford to play along side his mate Cristiano Ronaldo. Many tout him as the new Cristiano Ronaldo and hold him in higher regards than Ricardo Quaresma (jeez peeps really do know how to hype players)
I used to think that being lazy was bad for me .......  So I gave up thinking

Spurs 'join Nani hunt'
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2007, 04:54:54 PM »
doesnt look like hes coming to the lane.

Offline Daniisco

Spurs 'join Nani hunt'
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2007, 07:25:09 PM »
Let the mancs have him. he seems abit lightweight anyways.