SpursNetwork

Bale to us??

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
  • Season Ticket: No
Bale to us??
« on: May 18, 2007, 12:21:02 PM »
Reports this morning are circulating regarding Gareth Bale, they are stating we are favourites to sign him??
Intersting

"Tottenham are stepping up their interest in Gareth Bale and are favourites to land him ahead of Manchester United.
The highly-rated Wales international looks certain to leave Southampton this summer after Saints failed to win promotion back to the Premiership via the play-offs and both Spurs and United are keen.  

Both clubs failed to land Bale during the January transfer window as he opted to stay with Southampton for the promotion push, but now that dream is over, he is ready to move on.  
Bale has to choose where he wants to play his football next season and although Manchester United would seem the obvious choice, reports claim that the youngster is worried about his first-team opportunities at Old Trafford.  
The full-back believes he would have a better chance of establishing himself at White Hart Lane, making Spurs boss Martin Jol hot favourite to wrap up a deal."

http://www.clubcall.com/index.jsp?storyID=317108

Personally i believe we have to capable left backs, but ofcourse with this chance to sign such a promising young star we would be shooting our selves in the foot no to do so! Most importanlty THE PRICE HAS TO BE RIGHT!! i.e. not pay over the odds!

Thoughts??

COYS!!!
COYS!

Offline Daniisco

• http://spursnetwork.com
Bale to us??
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 01:12:26 PM »
He's overpriced IMO. Baines seems a better bet or even Taylor. I just keep thinking Bale is another Walcott, over hyped and overpriced.

Bale to us??
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 01:28:19 PM »
I'd rather have Baines personally. Bale is too highly priced for someone so young and inexperienced, I'm sure great things will come from him evetually but is it worth the risk at this stage when we desperately need a quality LB?

Bale to us??
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2007, 01:46:50 PM »
I agree there we should sign Baines more experience. Bale is still young and has I said before the price is too high what they are asking for. It's not that I don't like the player he is a good player. But it is a bit too risky when we need an experienced LB.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 02:32:12 PM by Dj Frisky »