SpursNetwork

Liverpool 1 Spurs 1

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Liverpool 1 Spurs 1
« on: April 03, 2016, 04:41:23 PM »
Have we blown it? Leicester beat Southampton today, creating a 7pt gap. City and Ars*nal also won so are getting closer to us. Granted, there is a long way to go (7 games).

We had 58% of the possession, compared to Liverpool (at home) 42%. Liverpool scored first, in the second half, Harry Kane equalised 12 minutes later. Spurs were the better side, but couldn't get beyond their one goal. Spurs next game isn't going to be any easier - even though we would be at home. We face United. Leicester's next game will be against Sunderland; yes, that team who is third from bottom. It can't get any better than that.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Liverpool 1 Spurs 1
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 08:46:08 AM »
Unfortunately Voice, I think we have. Unless Leicester collapse, which does not seem likely. Its difficult to put a finger on what is going wrong. Taking the season as a whole, then nothing. But against Liverpool yesterday, as indeed against Ars*nal, we seem to lack the self belief to go all out and win the game. Our midfield seemed to lack composure. Son in particular was constantly being harried into making mistakes. Ali looked as though all the hype of the last few weeks has caught up with him. The only two attacking players who showed real composure were Eriksen and Kane.
For me, the biggest challenge we have over the last 6 games is to go out and try to win every game, rather than play safe. We really must cement 2nd spot from the position we are in. We are a young team in progress, and desperately need CL next season in order to get in the 2 or 3 players that can make all the difference.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 11:07:52 PM »
It was always going to be a difficult game and Liverpool  could have pulled it off.  Kane looked knacked and as a whole we lacked in many areas.  So, a draw at Anfield was perhaps the just result after all.

I don't know what to say about Leicester that has'nt already been said other than, hopefully,  they will drop a few points and so will Ars*nal. The question is, how many more will we drop?

I don't believe that it's all over, there are still 18 points (21 for Ars*nal) and it is highly unlikely any of the present top 3 will win every remaining games!

:up:

Offline Spursx

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 03:56:06 PM »
If we don't beat United on Sunday and Leicester win then we will be fighting for second place.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2016, 08:34:03 PM »
If we don't beat United on Sunday and Leicester win then we will be fighting for second place.

I am quite optimistic, but it would become quite deperate if Man U were to put one over us!

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2016, 04:24:03 PM »

I am quite optimistic, but it would become quite deperate if Man U were to put one over us!
If United win and Leicester win then that could be a 10pt gap. It will also mean 5 games left (after the weekend). Which would be 15 pts left. That would mean that Leicester would have to lose 4 games and Spurs would have to win them all. Added to that Leicester have only lost 3 games all season. Conclusion; if we lose and Leicester win then they have basically won it (unless somebody assassinates all the players).
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Ruth

• Hero: Harry Kane
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2016, 05:35:06 PM »
I can't see Sunderland beating Leicester, and Sunderland are away. But I hope that Defoe does good for us. A tough weekend.  :hide: :hide: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

:up: :up: :up: :up: :up: