SpursNetwork

Spurs 2 Swansea 1

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Spurs 2 Swansea 1
« on: February 28, 2016, 06:11:44 PM »
This was a hold your breath game. We had so many shots at goal and fluffed them you started to think we were going to get nothing. We were also nervous in front of goal. However, once we equalised Spurs were on fire and pushed and pushed.

Anyway, Spurs moved back to within two points of Premier League leaders Leicester after battling back from behind to beat a dogged Swansea side. Paloschi gave the visitors the lead after Angel Rangel's shot fell to him via team-mate Cork. Swansea goalkeeper Fabianski made a series of superb saves, before Nacer Chadli deflected in Kyle Walker's shot to equalise with 20 minutes left. Danny Rose then drove in the winner after Swansea failed to clear a corner.

We had 57% of the action to their 43%. We had 14 goals on target to their 4.

Mauricio Pochettino: "Fabianski was great. He was man of the match. Sometimes football is difficult. You play well but find it hard to score. The good thing is that the team fight. It is a fantastic win. Our mentality is to look to the next game and go step by step. Now we need to focus again. We have a strong squad and we will try to manage it in the right way."

Another good result this Sunday was United beating Ars*nal 3-2. We are not 3 pts in front of Ars*nal and two points behind league leaders Leicester City.  We are seven points above City and 10 pts above 5th place United.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline yidmafioso

• Season Ticket: No
Re: Spurs 2 Swansea 1
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 12:12:00 AM »
Next week`s going to be an absolute stonker :yids:
If your not spurs you`re dead to me

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 04:13:31 PM »
If we can win the next two game it would put pressure on the other teams below us.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Spursx

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 07:59:39 PM »
We were living dangerously at this match. I thought the Swans were going to take all three points, even though we were the better side, then we got our goal and the rest if in the record books. These are the matches we needed to win. Next up are the Hammers and they can be dangerous with their present form.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2016, 11:26:31 PM »
If we can win the next two game it would put pressure on the other teams below us.

If we do that, we will win the title. The Arse game is a sixpointer!

Offline Ruth

• Hero: Harry Kane
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2016, 04:36:10 PM »
Leicester needs to lose or draw, but we do need to give a good showing in the next two games. Spurs started off wobbly against Swansea, but quickly got back into the game in the second half. After being down we've come back 17 times to win the matches. Spurs showed quality and a fighting spirit and that is what teams need to challenge for the title. We also need a quality goalkeeper, which we've got. I can't wait until tomorrow night. Bring it on.  :up: :up: :up: :up: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: