SpursNetwork

Watford 1 Spurs 2

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Watford 1 Spurs 2
« on: December 28, 2015, 05:00:36 PM »
What a victory. It was a close match and Watford showed they are not a pushover team. They fought for every goal. Lamela scored for Spurs after 17 minutes.  In the second half Watford's Ake got sent off, but that didn't mean they rolled over and game up. They continued battling for every ball, coming close on many occasions. But Spurs hung on and finally got the winner with a Son back heal. Spurs are now 3rd in the league; under Leicester and Ars*nal). They are free points behind league leaders Leicester, who play City tomorrow.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Spursx

Re: Watford 1 Spurs 2
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 07:37:26 PM »
I was at this match, and what a nail biting match it was. You were right to give them a lot of credit (that is Watford). Watford have done very well since joining the Premier league. Better than when they were last in the top flight. I thought both sets of teams fought very well and can be very proud of what they achieved. But there could only be one winner and lucky for us, it was our team. It shows you how much Spurs have improved over the year. Can they win the league this season? Yes, but so could Ars*nal, City and maybe Leicester City. United, Chelsea and Liverpool have no chance (unless a miracle happens for them). Four teams battling for top honours. But whatever happens, and on the evidence we have at the moment, Spurs will or should be in the top four.

Offline Ruth

• Hero: Harry Kane
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2015, 11:33:22 AM »
Good result for us last night (Leicester & City), even though we drop to fourth. Spurs played and battled well against Watford and it was a very close tie. But we got the points in the end. Whoever wins will  need luck and skill to get over the crossing line. The Everton game won't be an easy ride either. They've been playing well, even though they haven't got the results. But I am looking forward to the game :dance: :dance: :dance:

Offline Jane

• Hero: Lamela
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2015, 01:13:15 PM »
sending offs always spoils games, but we won. Watford are doing very well for a new promoted team. All credit to their manager. The next game will be very interesting. So COYS!!

Jane x

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2015, 04:43:42 PM »
The result was great and nice to see we kept going right till the death despite the help of the offside goal, we played well at times against a very good team at home who play very similar to us, Lamela scored another good goal after intercepting a pass, they got a little lucky with there goal due to some poor defending at first, my only complaint would be when Watford went down to ten men, this was the opputunity to really use our young team to its best, that was the time to keep spreading the ball from one side to the other and really up the tempo! Instead we played the patient game and very nearly paid the price because we kept hanging the carrot in front of Watford and they kept grabbing it! This current Tottenham team is on the verge of mortality if the use there best tools at the right time, I hope when they look back and Analise this game that they go for the throat and kill teams off in future as had that been Ars*nal they would have and for us to stay in the top 4 or dare I say challenge the title we need that ruthlessness in our game, still we got the 3 points and I'm very happy let's hope we make it 4,4 at Goodison Sunday which will be a similar game to Watford.
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.