SpursNetwork

Spurs 3 Norwich 0

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Spurs 3 Norwich 0
« on: December 27, 2015, 09:39:12 AM »
Another brilliant victory that is starting to cement our place in the top four. Spurs, and Leicester City, are the only two clubs that have lost two games in the league. Spurs have the best (along with City) goal difference in the Premier League. Spurs have the best defence in the league (only conceding 14 goals). Only Leicester and City have scored more than us (Ars*nal are equal on scoring goals).

Spurs are now 4th in the league; 2pts above Palace. But six points behind the league leaders. What more can you ask for at the midway stage?

Spurs started the scoring with a Kane penalty. Then he got another before half time. Second half sub Tom Carroll scored in the 80th minute. Norwich started off well and gave Spurs some trouble, but after the penalty they started to fade. Dele Alli was a strong influence, who got the man of the match. All this sets us off nicely for our away game – tomorrow – against Watford (who drew with Chelsea).

Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino: "I am very happy. I think we need to feel proud. The performance from the players was perfect. Only the first 15 minutes was difficult but we managed the game very well. It is difficult to speak more about Harry Kane. For me, he needs to keep working hard and keep showing his qualities in the games. Dele Alli is another player we are very happy with but it is about the team and they showed confidence in how we played."

I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Ruth

• Hero: Harry Kane
Re: Spurs 3 Norwich 0
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2015, 12:39:21 PM »
An excellent Christmas game. With Ars*nal, Leicester City and United losing we are going great. I also thought that we were going to be in for a difficult game, as Norwich played well at the start, always harassing us, but once the penalty went in the Spurs took control. I watched Match of the day last night, but they (the panelist) never gave us credit (where we are). It is all about United, Chelsea, Ars*nal and City and little Leicester only get a look in because of Gary Linker. We are the most consistent team in the Premier league and as you rightly say, the team with the best defence and goal difference. The only team to actually beat us in the league was Newcastle (we helped United get their win by scoring ourselves for them).  :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
Every time we lost the ball we harassed them for it back. Alli played great, always giving 100%. What more can you ask for? :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

I am looking forward to the game tomorrow. :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :up: :up:

Offline Spursx

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2015, 08:02:20 PM »
Word of caution. It is not over yet. Watford, who are doing well, could be tricky and then we've got Everton. There is no such thing as easy games any more. Spurs have done well up until now, and Norwich was a good result. But they did press us all the time. And we still need another striker. Kane is not exempt from injury so we've got to be careful. We are also reliant on other result, let us not forget that. Southampton beating Ars*nal was a good result for us, including Leicester losing to Liverpool. So let us keep keep our fingers crossed.

Offline Jane

• Hero: Lamela
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2015, 01:10:58 PM »
Watford are having a good run, so is Norwich, so when we look at our two wins we can see how far we've came this season, since our opening game defeat. Norwich played well for the first 20 or so minutes, then we scored and they wobbled. All credit to Spurs for their great win over Norwich and Watford.

Jane x