SpursNetwork

Spurs 1 Newcastle 2

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Spurs 1 Newcastle 2
« on: December 14, 2015, 03:55:42 PM »
What can you say! The first half we dominated the match, sadly in the second half we caved in to their onslaught. On the bright side, others lost or drew. We are still in the thick of it. We've had a good run, now we need to pick ourselves up for the next game.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Spurs 1 Newcastle 2
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 07:59:35 AM »
Yet again we failed to make the most of our first half dominance.In the second half we allowed them to overrun us in midfield, and fell back into our old ways, just booting the ball aimlessly upfield. Also we seem to have no pace and idea in the final 3rd.
We really MUST get in a pacy, creative midfielder, and a pacy striker, someone like Vardy. How many of those draws this season would we have converted into wins with the Leicester duo that did for Chelsea last night.
Surely Pochettino, and Levy, realise that without these additions our whole season will eventually unfold as it does every year.

Offline Jane

• Hero: Lamela
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 09:42:14 AM »
Yet again we failed to make the most of our first half dominance.In the second half we allowed them to overrun us in midfield, and fell back into our old ways, just booting the ball aimlessly upfield. Also we seem to have no pace and idea in the final 3rd.
We really MUST get in a pacy, creative midfielder, and a pacy striker, someone like Vardy. How many of those draws this season would we have converted into wins with the Leicester duo that did for Chelsea last night.
Surely Pochettino, and Levy, realise that without these additions our whole season will eventually unfold as it does every year.

Hi, I agree with you here, but the January transfer window is not an easy time to buy players. Most are settled in by now. I am sure that Pochettino or Levy won't buy for the sake of buying. I do believe they will try to buy if they can though. You are also right, that we should have made more of the first half. We seemed to have lost it in the second half and full credit to Newcastle for battling all the time. I don't think they will go down this season. Aston Villa and Sunderland are favourites with another one added to the pot. As for Spurs, I am sure they will bounce back and the Southampton game will be an interesting one. Spurs need to win, not draw, but win. The top four places is still open to about 6 teams.

Jane x

Offline Ruth

• Hero: Harry Kane
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2015, 12:27:35 PM »
Everybody thought we would win, or at least a draw and as the minutes ticked away that is exactly what we thought we were going to get. What a shocker! Depressed me all the way home, that result made me. Let us hope we can pick ourselves up before the Christmas period. The next game after that will be on boxing day and that won't be an easy match either. :hide: :hide: :hide: :hide:

:santa_cool: :santa_cool: :santa_cool: :santa_cool:

Merry Christmas to all

Offline yidmafioso

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2015, 02:34:59 PM »
I`m afraid sundsay hilighted the work that still needs to be done.We have struggled , historically , to kill teams off when we`re dominating and sunday was no different.The whole team looked off the pace and i don`t know where some of you get the opinion that we dominated the first half as were awful for almost the entire 90 minutes.I expect us to bounce back but hopefully the lessons will be learnt.
If your not spurs you`re dead to me

Offline Spursx

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2015, 07:58:06 PM »
As you say, Spurs have a long way to go. Whether we will finish in the top 4 is a good question. But we do need another striker and probably another midfielder and then we will see. We could have won and should have won on Sunday. They've only got themselves to blame. Next trip to Southampton.

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2015, 09:09:26 AM »
I wonder whether some of our players have started believing all the hype about them, top 4 there for the taking, title contenders, etc.. If so, then maybe this defeat is the kick up the arse that is needed to re-focus their attention to reality, that is there are 19 other teams in the division, and those who fight the hardest week in week out will be the most successful in the end.