SpursNetwork

WBA 1 Spurs 1

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
WBA 1 Spurs 1
« on: December 06, 2015, 04:00:44 PM »
Spurs dropped two points, but still in 5th place. The only good news to come out of the match was that United drew and Chelsea and City lost. We are six points behind the leaders. Not drastic, but we need to turn our draws into wins.

Spurs were ahead after 15 minutes when a long Toby Alderweireld pass picked out Dele Alli, who put the ball past Myhill. West Brom levelled before the break when James McClean's headed the ball into our net. Tony Pulis' side stay 13th, nine clear of the bottom three.

Tottenham manager Maurico Pochettino: "The feeling is not great. Maybe we dropped two points but if we analyse it, it was very solid performance and the conditions were very difficult, against a team that want to fight for every action. Maybe we deserved a bit more but it was a very difficult game. But Ars*nal and some very good teams have dropped points here too in recent weeks."

I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: WBA 1 Spurs 1
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2015, 08:53:52 PM »
Too many draws!

We didn't play well enouigh and we could have lost. So yes, let's be thankfull for the point

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2015, 08:05:34 AM »
Yes another team that we really should be beating. We still don't quite look ready for top 4 yet, despite all around us also slipping up. We must keep plugging away and buy a striker in January.

Offline Jane

• Hero: Lamela
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2015, 01:23:26 PM »
A very disappointing result. Our passing was bad. I am presuming that the Monaco game will have youngsters as there will be no need to put out a full squad. We are now through to the next round.

RSS61 says we are not ready for a top 4 spot, but who is? Nobody is really playing that well. Chelsea won't make it, City are losing to many games and Ars*nal are hit and miss. United are also not good enough to be in the top 4. So no matter how bad we are playing (i.e. too many draws) we are still in with a chance. Then there is Leicester City. Who knows?

Jane x

Offline Ruth

• Hero: Harry Kane
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2015, 02:58:50 PM »
Disappointed,, but but then again not every game can be up to speck. I don't think there can be any easy games nowadays. All teams are fighting for something. Bottom of the table beat Liverpool 2-0 so this season is going to be a Topsy-tervey one. We are still fifth and we are two wins away from top spot (providing Leicester slip up). Can we get into the top 4? I don't think any team this season can say that they will be in the top four. Every game is a challenge, so one match at a time. Next up is this Thursday, followed by another home game against Everton. Last home game before Christmas dinner on the table.  :up: :up:

Tonight is the FA cup third round draw. Let us hope we get a home draw. :dance:

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2015, 03:45:31 PM »
This was very disappointing in how we played! We never had enough movement off the ball, our closing down was non existent and we looked more like the old Spurs which really shocked me! The team must keep the ball on the deck and pass and move, WBrom got at us right from the first whistle and for the first time this season we bottled it.
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.