SpursNetwork

Spurs 0 Liverpool 0

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Spurs 0 Liverpool 0
« on: October 17, 2015, 05:01:33 PM »
A good game, bad result. Overall I thought that Spurs were a better side. Every time Liverpool had the ball we hassled them until we got it back. We had more chances on goal than Liverpool. Their new manager has a lot of work to do with them.

Tottenham are on the longest current unbeaten run in the Premier League (eight games), since being beaten by United at the beginning of the season (even though we scored that goal to give United their victory).
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
Re: Spurs 0 Liverpool 0
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2015, 05:30:45 PM »
We started awful, way to sloppy, gave the ball away needlessly far to many times, it took us a good 20 mins to get going, the injury to Chadli never helped matters and Njie struggled to get into the game when coming on and he gave the ball away a real lot first half. When we did settle down we started to get the ball down and play and really should have scored with Kane and Njie!, Liverpool where there for the taking and we just could never find the final ball and only in the second half press more, Lamela never really got into the game but in fairness to him only Dembelle was a real bright spark, we are looking very solid at the back but yet again we cant finish upfront, Njie looks like he needs time, Kanes hold up and general nuisance play was excellent but his finishing is still off the mark, we desperately need Son back as another goal scorer we are crying out for!, what we have corrected at the back we have lost upfront.
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.

Offline Jane

• Hero: Lamela
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2015, 06:57:21 PM »
Blackjack, I agree with you on the way we started off. But even then Liverpool couldn't get through our defence. After about 10 to 20 minutes we forced our way on top and kept hassling Liverpool. In the end the only thing that let us down was our striking force. Let us hope Son comes back quickly.

We are undefeated since the beginning of the season and that must say something. Only ourselves and Leicester City have only been defeated once. And only Ars*nal and ourselves that has the best defence. We are 4 pts behind 4th place, West Ham. With no overall team running away with it we are still in a healthy position. Yes, let us critcise, but at the same time, let us praise the good things as well. And there is more good than bad. Spurs are a young side with great potential. That should be celebrated.

Jane x

« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 07:00:50 PM by Jane »

Offline Spursx

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2015, 08:17:21 PM »
Even though Spurs took some time to get their footing, they still held their own. Tottenham is starting to get a reputation of being hard to beat and all credit must go to the manager. Yes, we should have won, but we didn't concede and considering both clubs were missing players I thought overall we were the better team. With the young side we've got we can only get better. I don't know where we will finish at the end of the season, but what is sure is that we are building for the future. I've been following Spurs for years and it is the first time for a long time that I've felt so optimistic and confident when watching Spurs. Against Liverpool I never felt the team was going to lose, and lose they didn't. There is no outstanding team in the premiership, overall, which puts us in a very confident position. So come on you Spurs and bring on the next match.

Offline Ruth

• Hero: Harry Kane
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2015, 01:07:41 PM »
I don't care how long we take to start off or get into the game, so long as we win or at least don't conced. Spurs did well, considering we are basically a new team. Pochettino is putting his stamp on our style and the players.

:up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: