SpursNetwork

Ade's First Team Exile Over

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
  • Season Ticket: No
Ade's First Team Exile Over
« on: October 01, 2013, 08:59:28 AM »
        I have just read that Ade's back training with the 1st Team, I for one think that is good news, and from his tweet so does he, maybe, just maybe, we might start to see some return for the money that he is getting, I certainly hope so. Well done AVB for bringing him back.

:up: :up: :up:
:SN:[font

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: Ade's First Team Exile Over
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 09:43:20 AM »
Sorry but if Defoe can't get a league start, then neither is Ade.

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 11:51:02 AM »
We have other competitions as well and while I agree he probably won't get a game in EPL, I think he could get a look-in in Europa League.

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 12:57:33 PM »
Well as we know AVB favours 1 striker, a role that Ade is better at than Defoe. Otherwise we need another CF for sure

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 05:49:30 PM »
The good news is that we've got now 3 top strikers. It doesn't matter which order they are picked so long as they score.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2013, 08:19:24 AM »

Sorry Southend, I have to disagree with you, whilst we know that AVB likes to play 1 striker, there are bound to be games where we can play 2, that being so, I think Ade will get the nod over Defoe, my reasons being, Ade will lay the ball off, whereas Defoe doesn't (he does tend think of himself rather than the team), Ade will hold the ball up and then release other players, invariably giving them the opportunity to have a shot on goal, and finally I think he would compliment Soldado.
     But that said it is only my opinion. We will have to wait and see won't we?  :nods: :nods:
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 08:21:01 AM by Paul Finch »
:SN:[font

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2013, 08:31:54 AM »
There isn't much point in comparing Adebayor and Defoe as they are quite different types of players whereas Soldado is somewhere inbetween style-wise. Which player gets the nod, depends on the game and what exactly is needed. And yes, Villas-Boas has used two strikers when needed, he has almost always started with one and sent on another one when we've needed a goal.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2013, 04:39:54 PM »
It is because they are different styles is why one striker will favour over another; depending on the managers formation. Not on how many goals they score.

Remember; Defoe's goals came from weaker opposition with a different team behind him. When he came on against Chelsea the formation was different, maybe we might have been better with an in fit Adebayor.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2013, 07:33:06 PM »
The only 2 aspects of Ade and Defoe that are the same is frustrating inconsistency!

I have to agree that I think Ade's approach and contributions to a game would very much benefit Soldado it is something I would like to see once Ade is fully fit and decides he wants to put in effort.

Defoe I think is our man for the cups or to bring on to replace Soldado when teams tire!
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2013, 07:39:12 PM »
I have called Ade all sorts  lately but I would welcome a return to form starting on Thursday with possibly Defoe alongside. Whilst I would love to see Soldado score a couple soon, a reminder that we still have another 2 strikers wouldn't go amiss.

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2013, 07:48:32 PM »
I am certain Soldado's confidence must be lowering and also his desperation rising, he certainl brings alot to the table and has had some great assists but want to see him start banging them in.

3 strikers available that have played at the highest level is better than 2 IMO, lets see who produces.
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2013, 01:24:43 AM »

Sorry Southend, I have to disagree with you, whilst we know that AVB likes to play 1 striker, there are bound to be games where we can play 2, that being so, I think Ade will get the nod over Defoe, my reasons being, Ade will lay the ball off, whereas Defoe doesn't (he does tend think of himself rather than the team), Ade will hold the ball up and then release other players, invariably giving them the opportunity to have a shot on goal, and finally I think he would compliment Soldado.
     But that said it is only my opinion. We will have to wait and see won't we?  :nods: :nods:

Couldn't really care less, ade is awful. We couldn't even get rid off him,even that Turkish side didn't want him.
Another lazy,selfish player who is just staying for the money.

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline pukekohespur

• Hero: Greaves
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2013, 03:55:05 AM »
Surely he is just there to raise his profile so we can sell him. I would be surprised to see him actually play
"Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is." Danny Blanchflower

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2013, 04:19:37 PM »

Couldn't really care less, ade is awful. We couldn't even get rid off him,even that Turkish side didn't want him.
Another lazy,selfish player who is just staying for the money.

I agree that has been awful and at some times he's been very good. Let us hope when or if he next plays for Spurs he is at his best.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do