SpursNetwork

BAE

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: BAE
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2013, 05:37:26 PM »
We could have a deal with QPR that we can recall BAE in an emergency. But I don't think it will come to that.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2013, 09:59:35 PM »
I see this differently:

We have a wealth of central defenders and midfielders who can play in defense, so Vertonghen would be the one to replace rose as left back it it all goes pear shaped. Also there may well be provisions for Coentrao to join still in Jan. Nothing to worry about imo.  :nope:

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2013, 07:32:43 AM »
I see this differently:

We have a wealth of central defenders and midfielders who can play in defense, so Vertonghen would be the one to replace rose as left back it it all goes pear shaped. Also there may well be provisions for Coentrao to join still in Jan. Nothing to worry about imo.  :nope:

If we continue to defend the way we did for Ars*nals goal then there will be something to worry about.

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2013, 09:19:45 AM »
I see this differently:

If we continue to defend the way we did for Ars*nals goal then there will be something to worry about.
I see this differently:

I don't think Vertonghen is capable of playing the role Villas-Boas wants his full backs to play. And, he has said that he wants to play at centre back.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2013, 11:28:00 AM »
I see this differently:

I don't think that will be a problem once the players start to combine together.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.