SpursNetwork

BAE

Offline aspursfan

• Season Ticket: No
BAE
« on: September 01, 2013, 06:44:08 PM »
I don't understand why AVB is picking Rose ahead of BAE. He's not injured is he? He can't seriously think that Rose is a better player than BAE. Rose was caught out of position today and it led to us conceding a goal. Does anyone actually think Rose should be playing ahead of BAE?

If he's that opposed to BAE I'd rather he move Vertonghen to LB.
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
Re: BAE
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 08:12:01 PM »
I don't understand why AVB is picking Rose ahead of BAE. He's not injured is he? He can't seriously think that Rose is a better player than BAE. Rose was caught out of position today and it led to us conceding a goal. Does anyone actually think Rose should be playing ahead of BAE?

I don't think the manager has Assou-Ekotto in his plans. He only played some part in one of our pre-season friendlies and so far has failed to be named among substitutes. I think we have seen the last of him, to be honest. Too bad, as I actually liked him and as I've said in another thread, I don't rate Rose very much.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, 08:19:28 PM »

BAE was injured according to reports.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2013, 08:31:51 PM »
I thought BAE was leaving, but with 2 days left, I can't see it happening this side of Christmas. Ditto Ade

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2013, 09:03:17 PM »
I thought BAE was leaving, but with 2 days left, I can't see it happening this side of Christmas. Ditto Ade

I'm not sure about all of this. Last season we often played poorly and squeezed points out of games thanks to magic from Bale. I feel like we're constantly buying more and more midfielders. If we're replacing BAE as first choice LB, I think it should have been with a better player.

Voice, I hope it is just a matter of him being injured. I don't mean to put Rose down, but I simply don't think he's good enough to be our first choice LB.

I just read that Capoue broke his leg today. That really is a shame.
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2013, 09:40:21 PM »
I think both players are as bad as each other at times

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2013, 07:24:01 AM »
I think both players are as bad as each other at times

Agreed. I was hoping that Contrao was coming, but looks like not. Yet again a team has targeted our weak lefthand side.

Offline taimedowne

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2013, 07:33:42 AM »
Apparently BAE has been told not to bother reporting for training,and according to his twitter posts is currently in France. He has had 2 medicals with other clubs and failed them both so his future doesnt look great. It's a shame I loved BAE he was a decent player for us and a really good guy, his honesty about football just being a job was a rarity. And his many charitable endeavours lifted him head and shoulders above most prima donna footballers.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2013, 05:01:28 PM »
In the case of  BAE it depends on what paper you read.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Chelmsford_yid

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2013, 09:38:19 PM »
From Twitter -

Benoit Assou-Ekotto
@AssouEkotto
Lets go to QPR ! I ll keep one eyes on u spurs hv a good luck this season #COYS 💋🙏👊❤

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline Chelmsford_yid

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2013, 11:00:28 PM »
DONE DEAL: Benoit Assou-Ekotto links up with former manager Harry Redknapp at Loftus Road.

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2013, 07:30:58 AM »
So, now our only LB is Rose. Worrying, very worrying.

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2013, 09:16:45 AM »
Very Worrying   :-\ :-\
:SN:[font

Offline RSS61

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2013, 09:28:39 AM »
Yes, for all our very good signings, I cannot believe we didn't bring in a left back. Presumably Contrao's wages of £100 K were deemed too much for a full back. Its no good pretending that BAE is good enough, and the proof of that is that he's at QPR. Hopefully, Danny Rose can up his game with correct guidance over the next few months, at least we have JVT as an emergency LB.

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2013, 09:50:39 AM »
Yes, for all our very good signings, I cannot believe we didn't bring in a left back. Presumably Contrao's wages of £100 K were deemed too much for a full back. Its no good pretending that BAE is good enough, and the proof of that is that he's at QPR. Hopefully, Danny Rose can up his game with correct guidance over the next few months, at least we have JVT as an emergency LB.
He is a defender and defenders usually collect bookings and get sent off, also I don't think he'll be able to play more than 50 games for us this season. No player is able...