SpursNetwork

Our League Fate Is Now Out of Our Hands

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
  • Season Ticket: No
Our League Fate Is Now Out of Our Hands
« on: April 13, 2013, 07:23:08 PM »
Not looking to be a doom and gloomer, but looking at harsh facts.

Again we are at the point whereby our fate is no longer truly in our hands but very dependent on the results of others even if we win all our remaining games and those above us Goons and Chelsea do the same (chelsea even lose one we will still end up 5th.

Everton are closing in also!!

For me this isnt exitment its bloody torture!!! How many times when in this type of position do we lose out, last season third was ours we stuffed it, had a second shot to secure it but stuffed up at villa we know the rest.

In AVB we have a great manager, our core team is strong but we dont have the depth at all compared to the big 4.

Barring more injuries I think we can put up a good fight for sure but I fear these last 2 weeks may have finished our season off!! 

I think now in our games we have to go all out for big wins, not the careful approach we cant look at our remaining games with the view of a draw being a good result, to achieve the place we need its win win and nothing less.   

I fear to say that if we dont make it this season, it wont be a case of better luck season as we wont have the players to challenge top 4!!!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 01:16:15 PM by RiffHard »
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
Re: Our League Fate Is Now Out Of Our Hands
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 08:51:13 PM »

Again we are at the point whereby our fate is no longer truly in our hands but very dependent on the results of others even if we win all our remaining games and those above us Goons and Chelsea do the same (chelsea even lose one we will still end up 5th.

For me this isnt exitment its bloody torture!!! How many times when in this type of position do we lose out, last season third was ours we stuffed it, had a second shot to secure it but stuffed up at villa we know the rest.

In AVB we have a great manager, our core team is strong but we dont have the depth at all compared to the big 4.

Barring more injuries I think we can put up a good fight for sure but I fear these last 2 weeks may have finished our season off!! 

I think now in our games we have to go all out for big wins, not the careful approach we cant look at our remaining games with the view of a draw being a good result, to achieve the place we need its win win and nothing less.   

I fear to say that if we dont make it this season, it wont be a case of better luck season as we wont have the players to challenge top 4!!!
As we're out of other competitions I can only hope that the team will return rejuvenated next week. Maybe we will even have some of our injured players back in line-up or bench. Everything's not lost,  but I agree, the club could have planned much better. I cannot fault the players who seem to be exhausted and I think Villas-Boas has done well, but our squad is thin and unfortunately the big fish in the high office are to blame.

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 09:33:18 PM »

Metal you are spot on !!!!

Lack of investment and a naivity by our manager in his desire for glory to prove all his critics wrong have cost us dearly!!
Too many injuries with poor replacements who are not up to the job, lack of striking options and the necessity to play our more accomplished players in almost every game is now taking it's toll

:(
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 02:39:01 PM »
If what I have seen is correct the Goons will play twice before we play our next game, if fear their results (likely wins) will add further pressure to the players and manager.

I still feel AVB is a very good manager and has done well, perhaps focused on too many objectives this season which i have little doubt he was under instruction to do from above, but its easy to sit back and say we should or should have done this and that upon review of current situation.

In fairness to AVB and those above we have the squad to achieve top 4 in the EPL though we dont have great depth, we had the squad to give a good account of ourselves in the Europa but I personally would have rotated more using fringe players that have potential instead of knackering out our key players.

As supporters all we can do is get behind the lads and manager as we do each and every match and hope for that that bit of luck as well as great performances as we will need it to get full points from each match.

If we fail in our bid for a top 4 spot this season in my opinion no blame should be put at the players or manager but instead it lays with those who are in charge of expenditure.  Failure to buy as required could cost us so much more in the long term, very naive mistake from experienced and successful businessmen!!!

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 02:44:10 PM »

Lack of investment and a naivity by our manager in his desire for glory to prove all his critics wrong have cost us dearly!!
Too many injuries with poor replacements who are not up to the job, lack of striking options and the necessity to play our more accomplished players in almost every game is now taking it's toll

Good to see ya back UGS!!!

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2013, 05:24:49 PM »
All true words from all you above. Here is hoping that our physios are working wonders on our injured players and the morale is still high.

Ars*nal, Chelsea and Everton will drop points for sure. It all depends on how many we drop.

It is not over yet, by a long chalk  :nope:

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2013, 05:47:19 PM »

You say the "naivety" of our manager. Forget what I think, but the sports writers disagree and think he has done a good job. He was never given a chance at Chelsea. Another point; I was reading the papers the other day and Real Madrid was thinking of lining up our manager if theirs leave. They base their evaluation on his season at Spurs.

You are critical of AVB but he has done a good job - so far - for Spurs. We are in a healthy position and to give a fair and objective comment will be at the end of the season, not while we are in a healthy position.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline baldbloke

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2013, 06:44:19 PM »
If what I have seen is correct the Goons will play twice before we play our next game, if fear their results (likely wins) will add further pressure to the players and manager.

I still feel AVB is a very good manager and has done well, perhaps focused on too many objectives this season which i have little doubt he was under instruction to do from above, but its easy to sit back and say we should or should have done this and that upon review of current situation.

In fairness to AVB and those above we have the squad to achieve top 4 in the EPL though we dont have great depth, we had the squad to give a good account of ourselves in the Europa but I personally would have rotated more using fringe players that have potential instead of knackering out our key players.

As supporters all we can do is get behind the lads and manager as we do each and every match and hope for that that bit of luck as well as great performances as we will need it to get full points from each match.

If we fail in our bid for a top 4 spot this season in my opinion no blame should be put at the players or manager but instead it lays with those who are in charge of expenditure.  Failure to buy as required could cost us so much more in the long term, very naive mistake from experienced and successful businessmen!!!

I totally agree that the lack of investment in our squad has had a big part in our disappointing season. I would also argue that loaning out Rose and Townsend, at the cost of keeping Livermore and Caroll has been nothing less than stupid. What I would take you to task on is the your faith in the Portuguese idiot named AVB. He has continually played the players out of position, his 4-2-3-1 format of the season by playing Jenus.  The only thing I like about him is the fact he is animated by the touch line. The man is a complete fake, and it upsets me so few other Spurs supporters can see it. In short, he is Ramos with a bit of luck and a more mature Bale. Take these two factors out and we be struggling to stay in the prem, and that is NOT an exaggeration. Before you deride me, remember Bale will be gone next year, and luck doesn't last for ever. Accompany this with a chairman who's only concern is making money, and then think about next season !!
AVB OUT, AND TAKE LEVY WITH YOU

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2013, 07:57:08 PM »
I totally agree that the lack of investment in our squad has had a big part in our disappointing season.
As from this point of the season we are far from having a disappointing season. I would say we’ve had a very good season so far. If you talking about trophies then we have to go back to the 2008 under your friend Juande Ramos and before that the Ars*nal manager George Graham.
He has continually played the players out of position, his 4-2-3-1 format of the season by playing Jenus.  The only thing I like about him is the fact he is animated by the touch line. The man is a complete fake, and it upsets me so few other Spurs supporters can see it. In short, he is Ramos with a bit of luck and a more mature Bale. Take these two factors out and we be struggling to stay in the prem, and that is NOT an exaggeration. Before you deride me, remember Bale will be gone next year, and luck doesn't last for ever. Accompany this with a chairman who's only concern is making money, and then think about next season !!
Have you ever thought it is you who can’t see it? Why are everybody so wrong and you so right? As I said above; from this point of the season we are doing well. We will finish better than Redknapp did in his first season at Spurs. Bill Nicholson’s first season we finished 18th. So give credit where it is due and not based on your dislikes.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline baldbloke

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2013, 08:55:43 PM »

Have you ever thought it is you who can’t see it? Why are everybody so wrong and you so right? As I said above; from this point of the season we are doing well. We will finish better than Redknapp did in his first season at Spurs. Bill Nicholson’s first season we finished 18th. So give credit where it is due and not based on your dislikes.
[/quote]

Come on mate, Arry took us over when we were bottom. IF we finish top four this season, he has done as well as Arry did last year, and I will give him credit. If we we don't ( and I believe we will finish 6th) then he has failed, and I believe he should be sacked. I can't be fairer than that !!

I should also point out that football is a form of entertainment, and the football Spurs have been playing is far from that.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 08:57:21 PM by baldbloke »
AVB OUT, AND TAKE LEVY WITH YOU

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2013, 09:05:10 PM »

Come on mate, Arry took us over when we were bottom. IF we finish top four this season, he has done as well as Arry did last year, and I will give him credit. If we we don't ( and I believe we will finish 6th) then he has failed, and I believe he should be sacked. I can't be fairer than that !!
‘Arry took over a team that was already there, they just needed motivating. AVB took over a team with players having been sold and new players just coming in. He then had to knit them together quickly. I agree that we should finish higher than 6th but as this is his first season I don’t think he should be sacked in his first season. However, the season isn’t over yet.
I also give ‘Arry credit for what he did. Now he has gone and we’ve got AVB. We can’t live in the past, ‘Arry isn’t coming back.

I should also point out that football is a form of entertainment, and the football Spurs have been playing is far from that.

Football nowadays is a business and entertainment, but more important than that – at least for Spurs – it is about winning and I think that is more important than entertainment.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline pieboy

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2013, 09:54:29 PM »
The situation is getting a bit desprate now. 2weeks ago , everything was rosey, a few bad results and it looks like all the hardwork might be going down the toilet.

But goes to show a week or 2 and everything can change, so it looks like it will go to the wire.
Everton v Chelsea final game of the season, and we still have a game with chelsea to rearrange.

My head tell me that Ars*nal will finish 3 rd and it will be the rest for 4th spot. Looking at the fixtures this week, I think the only way we will finish 4th now is if Chelsea burns out. They looked knackerd by the end of it today.

I think we can get 12pts out of the 18pts of what is remaining. So whether we finish 4 th or not will be down to how many pts Chelsea drops. Also looking like it might be a champions league play-off when we finally play the postponed game against Chelsea. The Everton v Chelsea game is going to be massive also

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2013, 11:12:31 AM »
The situation is getting a bit desprate now. 2weeks ago , everything was rosey, a few bad results and it looks like all the hardwork might be going down the toilet.

But goes to show a week or 2 and everything can change, so it looks like it will go to the wire.
Everton v Chelsea final game of the season, and we still have a game with chelsea to rearrange.

My head tell me that Ars*nal will finish 3 rd and it will be the rest for 4th spot. Looking at the fixtures this week, I think the only way we will finish 4th now is if Chelsea burns out. They looked knackerd by the end of it today.

I think we can get 12pts out of the 18pts of what is remaining. So whether we finish 4 th or not will be down to how many pts Chelsea drops. Also looking like it might be a champions league play-off when we finally play the postponed game against Chelsea. The Everton v Chelsea game is going to be massive also

Spot on Pie Boy

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2013, 01:49:16 PM »
Desperate is not the word I would have chosen, critical perhaps or "mission impossible" springs to mind. Regardless of the stats or current form, the 18pts remaining points suggest that it's far from over.

I will agree that a win for the Arse this evening could put them in pole position for 3rd place. 4th to be fought between Chelsea and us, with Chelsea as favourites, unless Benitez balls up his selection which is not impossible.

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2013, 08:57:08 AM »
Joolz,
       Have you seen Chelskis remaining matches they have to play us at their place Man U(A) Liverpool(A), Everton(H), Swansea(H) & Villa(A), and the Arse have to play Fulham(A),Man U(H), QPR(A), Wigan(H) & Newcastle(A), i reckon there is only One Gimme there and thats QPR, all the rest could go one way or the other, so it ain't over yet. So I reckon we are still a good chance, what do you think?

:up: :up: :up:
:SN:[font