SpursNetwork

2012/13 what league position do you believe we will end up?

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: 2012/13 what league position do you believe we will end up?
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2013, 05:49:18 PM »
    You know that, that isn't possible because he is far too clever to leave evidence. I would suggest that you read the comments that appear on Spurs Website in the Media watch section written by Spurs Supporters who are Journos almost everyone of them is very critical of Mr Levy's dealings or lack of them in the January Transfer window for the last 4 yrs, and I would suggest that their knowledge of THFC is far greater than yours Voice. Also a lot of the people who have commented on this forum about Mr Levy's dealings have in the past defended him, and they are people whose opinions I respect.
Oh, I have read the criticism directed at Mr Levy and AVB; on Spurs websites, journalists etc. However, I also have read the other side.
Yours, and theirs, say that Mr Levy should have spent more and should have bought a striker in the January window; and you/ they might be right. But I say the proof of the pudding is in the eating. With a new manager and new players coming and old ones going I expect Spurs to finish in the top 4. If Spurs fail to do this then I agree with you/ and them. However, if Spurs achieve their goal then Mr Levy/ AVB was right in their decision.
This is not a case Mr Finch that there are people who know more than I do, or there are people who support what I believe/ know, but looking at the facts. The facts will be Spurs final league table. Then we can reflect on whether Mr Levy was right or not; wouldn’t you agree? Ugs said that under Harry we’ve had the best team in 25 years; which contradicts what you said that he doesn’t or didn’t support Harry Redknapp. As for the last season (when Spurs finished 4th; Mr Levy knew that Harry was going, therefore, and I agree, that there was no point in giving him extra money for players when a new manager probably would change the team; if that was the case). Your problem Mr Finch is trying to make it a battle with me; where I am trying to look at the facts. Only then will it show us whether Mr Levy was right or not.

Again I will say it, I can make a comment without allowing my prejudice to cloud my judgement and again I will say it "Mr Levy has not backed AVB in this transfer window which could prove prejudical to us qualifying for the CL.
     It would now appear that we have lost Defoe for a couple of weeks, due to injury, this again highlights how stupid Levy's lack of ambition really is.
 :nods: :nods: :nods:
A contradiction here; you say that you can “make a comment without allowing [your] prejudice to cloud [your] judgement” and then actually do allow your prejudice cloud your judgment by stating in the same paragraph “Mr Levy has not backed AVB in this transfer window”. How do you know? According to all the press reports AVB was happy with his squad and didn’t feel he needed anymore players. If you take that as correct then it seems that Mr Levy went over his head and tried to sign a striker. Of course he failed but if you take what the press said as correct then Mr Levy was putting Spurs ahead of AVB’s wishes. Of course I don’t believe in this as it is just paper speculation. Unless AVB or Mr Levy actually comes out with what happened then we probably won’t know the truth; therefore you opinions are based on your prejudices rather than something factual.

Remember one thing Paul Finch; it isn’t a case of who know more or who is better informed but dealing with the facts; and the facts will be how Spurs end the season. Their final league table. I don’t give a s**t whether Mr Levy spends £100 billion a season on players or is as tight as a ducks arse and spends nothing; what I care about is that Spurs do well, challenge for Trophies and finish high up the league table as possible (preferably champions). End of. I am sure as a Spurs supporter you also agree with these sentiments?
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2013, 05:55:18 PM »
       Again I will say "As Supporters we are entitled to voice our opinions". They are opinions and no-one has the right to denigrate anyone for expressing his or her opinion, whether you like it or not. Yes Voice this comment is aimed at you, you represent yourself, not everyone else who contributes to this site, and the sooner you realise this the better it will be.

:ohyeah: :ohyeah: :ohyeah:

I totally agree 100%. In fact I welcome you or anybody disagreeing with me and challenging me. At the same time you've got to respect me challenging your opinions; which I will continuously do (if I disagree), at the same time if you disagree with my comments I hope you continue challenging me? So the sooner you accept that the better it will be for all of us.

Beyond that Mr Finch I shall always put my hand out to you in friendship; we do have one thing in common. We both Support Spurs and want the same thing; even though we see things differently.

Kind regards,

Glenn (voice)
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2013, 07:55:34 PM »
Glenn (voice)
You're not Glenn Hoddle, are you?  :P

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2013, 08:11:19 PM »
Glenn (voice)
You're not Glenn Hoddle, are you?  :P

You've worked out my secret; I am now off to give Eileen Drewery a tickle and ask her to tell me what is my future now that I've been outed on here.  :up:

"Mr Levy.... can I have my job back please.... no more talking about the disabled being a punishment from God... so can I Mr Levy... please? Pretty Please!!!!!!!" :dance: :ohyeah: :lol:
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline baldbloke

« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2013, 05:53:21 PM »
I think the fact Spurs did not bring in a 4th striker this season will cost them 4th place.

Based on that statement 6th,

What do you mean 4th striker, who is the 3rd (and don't say Harry Kane, because that will make me scream)
AVB OUT, AND TAKE LEVY WITH YOU

Offline a12 warrior

« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2013, 09:38:28 AM »

Dempsey!

Cos he is not a midfielder, but I guess you will tell me otherwise no doubt

Offline dimexi

• I have a dream... a white hart dream
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2013, 10:28:20 PM »

Dempsey!

Actually he is and was a midfielder. Only after coming to the UK did he start playing up front. So I would say he is someone who can play as a midfielder and a forward.

But he is not a striker, in the true sense of the word.
Maybe next year...

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2013, 07:45:17 AM »

Dempsey!

Actually he is and was a midfielder. Only after coming to the UK did he start playing up front. So I would say he is someone who can play as a midfielder and a forward.

But he is not a striker, in the true sense of the word.
True that. Dempsey has said himself that he is actually a left-sided midfielder, albeit a right-footed one.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2013, 05:02:03 PM »
We still can sign a striker if we wanted; a free agent. Louis Saha, to name but one is free and there are others. But I doubt it will come to that. Plus we can recall our strikers that are out on lone. So there are still some options open to us if we need it.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2013, 09:54:09 PM »
We still can sign a striker if we wanted; a free agent. Louis Saha, to name but one is free and there are others. But I doubt it will come to that. Plus we can recall our strikers that are out on lone. So there are still some options open to us if we need it.
No, we cannot, he joined Lazio.

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2013, 12:34:41 PM »
[/quote

I heard we recalled Harry Kane, though how good he is who knows]

Offline Yiddite

« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2013, 08:14:22 PM »
Harry Kane scored last week in the U21 game against
West Ham .....

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2013, 01:29:57 PM »

OK, thanks.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do