SpursNetwork

4 points from United, but what have we missed?

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: 4 points from United, but what have we missed?
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2013, 01:11:43 PM »
I would say without a shadow of a doubt that both Levy & AVB religiously read all our posts daily. There is no doubt in my mind that they will take all our comments into serious consideration and that Levy will pull his cheque book out shortly just to please us!

:2funny: :2funny:
They probably don't even know SN exists.  :-[

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2013, 03:15:29 PM »
Are you sure?

:lol:

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2013, 05:46:33 PM »
Quote from: dimexi link=topic=3132.msg78014#msg78014
Of course they are silly scenarios but unless you put things into an absurd analogy it is hard to discuss things with people who are generally stuck in their ways and take things a little too seriously sometimes. Therefore, taking what probably is actually quite close to the truth, in meaning, and taking it to its extreme and ridiculous conclusion, it looks exactly like I said.
It is not a case of being serious but realistic. Of course we could speculate until the cows come home, but that doesn’t really achieve anything other than keep us from getting bored.

- You said 'it isn't as simple as that' which makes out that what I have said is simple, yet if you analyse it properly, it most definitely is not that. The silly scenarios need to be taken in conjunction with the final statement, not split apart to dissect the individual parts. The point is that Levy has to wear different hats, one as a fan and one as a money man. The question is, which hat does he value more than the other?
If he is a fan first and foremost he would do anything to make Spurs the best footballing side possible, but without putting Spurs at financial risk. If he is a money man first then no matter what, spurs will not take any risk that is not seen as a way to make more money. But knows that we need to be reasonably successful in order to maximise his profits.

He is a director of Tottenham Hotspur so his priority is the stability and success of the club. They both must work injunction with each other. Being a fan would come behind that.

Now what we need is a discussion based on some actual ideas around the whos, whats, whys and hows of making spurs more successful. Rather than just being blind believers in the religion of Spurs aka Levy aka AVB, where to wonder is blasphemy, to ask questions is rebellion, to dissent and dare to challenge their authority is deemed treasonous. Maybe we may get somewhere.

Or we can be sheeple and make the assumption that he/they make decisions with the best interests of the club at heart. Never question, stay quiet, believe, believe, believe and then one day you turn round and it has fallen apart around you. You know that approach has done us so well in the past. Wars fought without just cause, apartheid , poverty, hunger, destruction of the environment, pollution, slavery, the list goes on and on. Too many people just trusting those in power... until one day someone draws a line and says enough. Now life at spurs is not that extreme, in fact it is pretty good right now. But never expect or tell me we can only work on that particular assumption.

As you have said, we can only judge him at the end of the season. Which is fair and valid, but if we only ever do that, if we are unable to foresee potential collapse, if we are not taking action to prevent unnecessary difficulties, or striving to be the best we could be, then we will look back at this time and ask, why didn't we do something sooner? 

There is nothing wrong with asking questions or challenging but they must be the right ones. We can speculate who they should bring in or if we need someone else. But we also must bear in mind that this is just fan speculation and we don’t know everything and if he does buy or doesn’t then we must accept that his decision – based on there is a lot of things we don’t know – is the right one. However, it won’t be until the end of the season to know if his decision was right or wrong. But we must bear in mind that supporters’ speculation is just mind imaginary or pissing in the wind, as I said.

I also agree that we must voice our concerns when the situation arises; such as Spurs struggling, failing their potential etc. But as we are nowhere near such a scenario, in fact we are in a healthy situation, then our wholeheartedly support should be on the cards; i.e. whatever decision Mr Levy makes is in the best interest of the club and we should support that, until the time comes that it is show that his decisions were wrong and detrimental to club.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2013, 05:55:51 PM »
We are all wasting our time, no matter what we say, whether we speculate, state facts or make light of situations, Voice will always tell us we are wrong, that we don't know what we are talking about, that we are speculating, that we don't know what is going on behind closed doors, and that we should put our trust in Mr.Levy. Voice will never admit all the time his ARSEHOLE points to the ground that, maybe just maybe MR f**kING LEVY doesn't care where we finish in the league, doesn't care if we play CL, doesn't give a flying f**k what we, the supporters want, the only thing he is interested in is making a BIG FAT PROFIT, someone should tell him(Levy) that perhaps he has to SPECULATE  in order to ACCUMULATE. No doubt Voice you will tell me that I am wrong with my last statement(the highlighted one).

:nods: :nods: :nods:

I noticed that you can only reply by using gutter language. With your closed mind attitude towards AVB added I think it tells us or shows us your limitations. Which is sad. You should try debating without using such profanities. Remember you are judged by how you articulate towards others. If you want a serious debate then reply accordingly.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Yiddite

« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2013, 08:02:36 PM »
Ok guys.

Have read all your posts and see your concerns.
Not something I had noticed from my box at WHL as we seem to be doing
well this season with our new manager at the helm.

However have got a spare few million so please let me know which signings
you want me to go for this month. But be patient as I only like dicing with
death so it will be at the very end of the transfer window!

Yours
Daniel

Offline dimexi

• I have a dream... a white hart dream
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2013, 08:16:59 PM »
if he does buy or doesn’t then we must accept that his decision – based on there is a lot of things we don’t know – is the right one.

No we do not have to accept it, why do we have to accept it? True there is little we can do about it but we do not have to agree with it or take the opinion that it is the right one. That is just dumb obedience!
Maybe next year...

Offline pieboy

« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2013, 08:42:07 PM »
£4million or what ever it is being reported of what we have lost this year.
There just isn't the money anymore. Uefa financial fair play come in to play soon, no monies for the honies

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2013, 08:48:16 PM »
if he does buy or doesn’t then we must accept that his decision – based on there is a lot of things we don’t know – is the right one.

No we do not have to accept it, why do we have to accept it? True there is little we can do about it but we do not have to agree with it or take the opinion that it is the right one. That is just dumb obedience!

The reason we have to accept it is because there is no legitimate contradictions that support an opposing view. The only views we possible could use would be tainted and without all the appropriate facts at our disposal. Unless you know something the rest of us don't.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline dimexi

« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2013, 10:32:02 PM »

The reason we have to accept it is because there is no legitimate contradictions that support an opposing view. The only views we possible could use would be tainted and without all the appropriate facts at our disposal. Unless you know something the rest of us don't.

Say what now????

No legitimate contradictions? Are you saying that any view that contradicts what you are saying is not legitimate?  And any view that is different from what we are told is tainted, because we do not have all the facts???? Are you having a laugh mate? No I do not know something anyone else does not, but that does not mean I have to believe everything I am told either. Even if I did as you have said and just accepted the official story, I would still be making a judgement without knowing all of the appropriate facts. The facts are not just facts because someone said they were, they have to be verified. We are all in the dark, therefore we all know naff all, therefore no one can claim to be more right than anyone else. If you choose to believe, that is your choice and I won't try and stop you. But don't tell me that your view is the only accurate way to see things, because quite frankly that is a load of ... if you catch my drift?
Maybe next year...

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2013, 11:03:16 PM »

Say what now????

No legitimate contradictions? Are you saying that any view that contradicts what you are saying is not legitimate?  And any view that is different from what we are told is tainted, because we do not have all the facts???? Are you having a laugh mate? No I do not know something anyone else does not, but that does not mean I have to believe everything I am told either. Even if I did as you have said and just accepted the official story, I would still be making a judgement without knowing all of the appropriate facts. The facts are not just facts because someone said they were, they have to be verified. We are all in the dark, therefore we all know naff all, therefore no one can claim to be more right than anyone else. If you choose to believe, that is your choice and I won't try and stop you. But don't tell me that your view is the only accurate way to see things, because quite frankly that is a load of ... if you catch my drift?

I think you have misunderstood what I said.
I am not suggesting that you believe everything you are told (I certainly don’t). But at the same time it doesn’t make what you are told (i.e. through official channels) wrong unless you have facts to justify your judgments. Also; if you thing certain facts are wrong or what you were told isn’t right then what do you base your conclusions on? On top of that we are only fans; people like Levy and AVB know more than we do; because of their position. That is all I am trying to say. And I am not talking about my views; I know nothing more than you do.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline dimexi

« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2013, 11:41:39 PM »

I am not suggesting that you believe everything you are told (I certainly don’t). But at the same time it doesn’t make what you are told (i.e. through official channels) wrong unless you have facts to justify your judgments. Also; if you thing certain facts are wrong or what you were told isn’t right then what do you base your conclusions on? On top of that we are only fans; people like Levy and AVB know more than we do; because of their position. That is all I am trying to say. And I am not talking about my views; I know nothing more than you do.

To be fair you may be correct, as I read it a few times trying to get your angle, hence why there were so many questions in my reply. Eitherway, it is sometimes hard to justify your opinion when it opposes the official truth. You may not have access or the ability to know and prove the inaccuracy of what you are told, but it doesn't mean you are wrong either. It may only be a gut feeling, which would not stand up in court, but is still the ultimate truth. I can think of a few major events that this is true for. 9-11, the Iraq war, the money system, Jimmy Saville etc etc.
Maybe next year...

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2013, 11:59:49 PM »

To be fair you may be correct, as I read it a few times trying to get your angle, hence why there were so many questions in my reply. Eitherway, it is sometimes hard to justify your opinion when it opposes the official truth. You may not have access or the ability to know and prove the inaccuracy of what you are told, but it doesn't mean you are wrong either. It may only be a gut feeling, which would not stand up in court, but is still the ultimate truth. I can think of a few major events that this is true for. 9-11, the Iraq war, the money system, Jimmy Saville etc etc.

Fair point.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2013, 08:19:08 AM »
Voice,
         You will never learn will you, as far as you are concerned Mr.Levy can do no wrong. If you had bothered to read my posts, which obviously you didn't, you would have seen that I was in fact having a go at Levy, not AVB, in fact had you have bothered to read them you would have seen that I was in fact defending AVB, so before you bother to reply, at least have the temerity and good manners to read peoples posts, before you slag them off. That is of course if you can find the time, in between increasing your posts with writing drivel.

:nope: :nope:
:SN:[font

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2013, 04:20:29 PM »
Voice,
         You will never learn will you, as far as you are concerned Mr.Levy can do no wrong. If you had bothered to read my posts, which obviously you didn't, you would have seen that I was in fact having a go at Levy, not AVB, in fact had you have bothered to read them you would have seen that I was in fact defending AVB, so before you bother to reply, at least have the temerity and good manners to read peoples posts, before you slag them off. That is of course if you can find the time, in between increasing your posts with writing drivel.

:nope: :nope:

I could say the same about you; trying reading posts. I have never said that Mr Levy can do know wrong; I’ve criticised him in the past and will continue to criticise him when necessary. However, I will also give him a fair crack at the whip when necessary.

You have said on here that you didn’t like AVB and would never like him no matter what he does. And as you pointed you also don’t like Mr Levy; in fact who do you like? Oh, yes… Harry.

Do you have the ability to debate without going down to the gutter to find the words you want? There are many people who don’t agree with me but do not stoop to low intelligent remarks. I am happy to debate anything and even told I am wrong; but there are ways and means to correspond with people.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2013, 07:54:56 PM »
Voice you basically just keep posting drivel until no one can be bothered to debate with you anymore, in other words you bore them to death in many cases. It's also a bit of the pot calling the kettle over gutter language and insulting remarks you are pretty adept at using them yourself.

Anyway I'll stop making my point because I know you'll only just want to prove me wrong with more drivel and I just can't be arsed to argue the point with you anymore !!!!

:up:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion