25th October 2007........

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
  • Season Ticket: No
25th October 2007........
« on: December 09, 2012, 10:40:15 AM »
The 25th October 2007, may be turning out to be the date that Mr Daniel Levy has possibly dropped the biggest Bollock of his Tottenham Chairmanship so far.....

Why I hear you all ask in surprised voices, well that was the day that Mr Levy dismissed a real Tottenham man with 13 years playing experience, and 10 years coaching experience at the club. A man that has gone on to prove himself at every club he has managed and is now turning an unfashionable backwater club with limited resources into an attractive and effective footballing team. Something he has done at at his previous two clubs again under difficult circumstances and with limited resources he has produced sides that play good football and achieve good results and as many would say they "have punched above the weight".... That man is Chris Hughton !!!!

JUst makes me think where we might be now if he had taken over from Martin Jol and was backed by the Chairman !!!
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline baldbloke

• Season Ticket: Yes
Re: 25th October 2007........
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 02:39:15 PM »
The 25th October 2007, may be turning out to be the date that Mr Daniel Levy has possibly dropped the biggest Bollock of his Tottenham Chairmanship so far.....

Why I hear you all ask in surprised voices, well that was the day that Mr Levy dismissed a real Tottenham man with 13 years playing experience, and 10 years coaching experience at the club. A man that has gone on to prove himself at every club he has managed and is now turning an unfashionable backwater club with limited resources into an attractive and effective footballing team. Something he has done at at his previous two clubs again under difficult circumstances and with limited resources he has produced sides that play good football and achieve good results and as many would say they "have punched above the weight".... That man is Chris Hughton !!!!

JUst makes me think where we might be now if he had taken over from Martin Jol and was backed by the Chairman !!!

Do you think that Norwich would do a straight swap for the moron ?
AVB OUT, AND TAKE LEVY WITH YOU

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 03:42:15 PM »
Where are we again in the league right now..... oh yeah 4th!!!!

Lets swap AVB for a manager below us, yeah good thinking baldy ffs
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 05:26:47 PM »
I agree that Chris Hughton is a very good manager and I am pleased he is doing well. I was, however, disgusted in how he was treated by Newcastle United. How can you sack a man for doing so well?

As for Levy and Hughton; when a new manager comes in he wants his own backroom staff and I don't think you can blame Levy for him going. Also; at the time Hughton hadn't achieved what he had done as manager. Saying that Hughton shouldn't have been let go is only with hindsight.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 12:07:26 AM »
I posted a deragotary comment earlier and I have decided to remove it, purely on the grounds that I will not feed the trolls

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2012, 07:52:28 AM »

As much as I am a huge fan of Chris Hughton, for the obvious reasons, I also remember that at the time they were removed, we had a few months earlier rolled over at West Ham to blow 4th spot, and were beaten at home by a rubbish side in the Europa League. We had been regularly conceding late goals, switching off in the box, and struggling to create going forwards.

Ring any bells ?? Yes, 2012.

Somehow we haven't learnt from this period of time, and got a backbone to the team. Will we ever ? That will be AVB's test I think.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2012, 09:53:12 AM »

As much as I am a huge fan of Chris Hughton, for the obvious reasons, I also remember that at the time they were removed, we had a few months earlier rolled over at West Ham to blow 4th spot, and were beaten at home by a rubbish side in the Europa League. We had been regularly conceding late goals, switching off in the box, and struggling to create going forwards.

Ring any bells ?? Yes, 2012.

Somehow we haven't learnt from this period of time, and got a backbone to the team. Will we ever ? That will be AVB's test I think.

I agree. When the manager of the time was sacked he was part of that team. As I said previously; hindsight is a wonderful thing. Hughton still has a lot to learn and maybe one day he might be in contention for the Spurs job. At the moment he is learning his trade and doing a good job.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.