SpursNetwork

Friedel Dropped

Offline aspursfan

• Season Ticket: No
Friedel Dropped
« on: October 07, 2012, 09:01:28 PM »
I thought it was interesting timing for this. Do you think Lloris is the new #1 now? Friedel has been outstanding.

I wonder if this was just a one-off to give him a Premier League game. I'm curious to see who starts the next league game in goal.
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
Re: Friedel Dropped
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 10:15:49 PM »
Could it be that because Freidel once played for AV, he chose Lloris instead today. If he plays him again next week, then it may become more permanent.

Offline spursjoolz

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 11:01:30 PM »
Incidentally, apart from that bad throw to Bale, I think Lloris had a good game, taking into consideration the fact that he had very little to do.

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 11:14:18 PM »
I feel sorry for Friedel because he was denied from playing his 311st Premier League game in a row. Lloris played okay, though.

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 07:34:59 AM »
Its hard luck on Friedal for sure, but Lloris is our future and thats why he was bought while available. Therefore I think he will become no1 fairly soon. It fits AVB's pattern of using the younger players, who so far are aquitting themselves well.

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2012, 09:33:11 AM »
Brad has been outstanding and its a shame that his amazing record of EPL appearances has come to an end with us.

I applaud AVB for having the balls to make what IMO is a big decision with the GK position, he knows dropping Friedel would not go down well with most supporters and if Lloris made a howler even worse.  Fair play AVB!

Lloris is our future in the GK position so it only makes sense that he is played more, I would expect to see him in the next EPL game.
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Yiddite

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2012, 09:56:42 AM »
A good but hard decision to make.

Unfortunate for Friedal's record of continuous games in the Prem but had
to be done at some stage.

Offline yidmafioso

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2012, 05:23:20 AM »
I agree with metalanimal . It was a ballsy decision to drop brad but also the right one i think .Lloris needs premier league experience and it`s better to give it to him against the likes of villa than man utd .He seemed to take it well as he was laughing and joking on the bench .Top pro and a fantastic keeper but he`s not the future .
If your not spurs you`re dead to me

Offline spursjoolz

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2012, 05:02:20 PM »
Are you saying that Freidel is dropped on a permanent basis and Lloris will start V the Chavs on Saturday?

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2012, 12:37:24 PM »
Are you saying that Freidel is dropped on a permanent basis and Lloris will start V the Chavs on Saturday?

I think AVB now has the excuse he needs to make the change that is surely only a matter of time anyway ?

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2012, 01:21:38 PM »

I think AVB now has the excuse he needs to make the change that is surely only a matter of time anyway ?
Could be. To be fair, none of the goals were exactly Friedel's fault, and he pulled of some good saves.

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2012, 05:31:09 PM »
Friedel still a good keeper but past his best, we need to instill our future keeper asap.. LLoris
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Yiddite

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2012, 07:26:01 PM »
Lloris is starting to talk about not liking his role of keeping
the bench warm and I for one don't blame him and want him
to have more starts. Otherwise we could lose him.

Offline dimexi

• I have a dream... a white hart dream
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2012, 07:30:04 PM »
I think Lloris should get more games, but I would have him play all cup and European games at first. Friedal is a great keeper, however, I think the defence did not help his performance against Chelsea, also it is only one game, I am sure he will not be happy and respond in his usual professional manner.
Maybe next year...

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2012, 08:59:53 PM »
I think Lloris should get more games, but I would have him play all cup and European games at first. Friedal is a great keeper, however, I think the defence did not help his performance against Chelsea, also it is only one game, I am sure he will not be happy and respond in his usual professional manner.
We have four Europa League group games left. Should we qualify for the next round, then next games will be played mid-February. We will have League Cup tie against Norwich on October 31 and I'm not sure when the next round will be played. The FA Cup third round games will be played on January 5. So, it seems that if present set-up continues (Friedel in League and Lloris in cup games), Lloris will have at least five more appearances this year (should Villas-Boas not give Cudicini or Gomes a run-out). All in all, I don't think Lloris will be happy with five games in more than two months.