SpursNetwork

Long Time

Offline dimexi

• I have a dream... a white hart dream
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Long Time
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2012, 06:43:58 PM »

A truly dreadful striker if I have seen one. I would of thought that his performances last year would have deterred Spurs from signing him. Unfortunately it would seem that our beloved chairman is also now our chief scout.

What an earth are you talking about? You really do show yourself up sometimes. Your doom and gloom statements are becoming predictable and now laughable . Adebayor is not a dreadful striker, he is not even an average striker. He has been a good player for years and at times shows real quality. A player does not get to play for a number of top sides, demand high wages, win African player of the year, without being good at what he does. What you are claiming is completely unfounded, unsubstantiated clap trap.

Whatever happens your world will be looked at through sh*t tinted glasses. How unfortunate for you!

The thing I like the most about this transfer is that he actually wants to play here, not for the money, he can get that anywhere, but because he likes it here. Why? Because most of the fans showed support, respect, did not let the Ars*nal issue cloud what they could see with their own eyes. Spurs need more players like him IMHO.
Maybe next year...

Offline dimexi

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2012, 06:48:07 PM »
I apologise if that was a bit rude and slightly personal. But sometimes Baldbloke you make me pull my hair out.  :)
Maybe next year...

Offline baldbloke

• Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2012, 09:23:18 PM »

A truly dreadful striker if I have seen one. I would of thought that his performances last year would have deterred Spurs from signing him. Unfortunately it would seem that our beloved chairman is also now our chief scout.

What an earth are you talking about? You really do show yourself up sometimes. Your doom and gloom statements are becoming predictable and now laughable . Adebayor is not a dreadful striker, he is not even an average striker. He has been a good player for years and at times shows real quality. A player does not get to play for a number of top sides, demand high wages, win African player of the year, without being good at what he does. What you are claiming is completely unfounded, unsubstantiated clap trap.

Whatever happens your world will be looked at through sh*t tinted glasses. How unfortunate for you!

The thing I like the most about this transfer is that he actually wants to play here, not for the money, he can get that anywhere, but because he likes it here. Why? Because most of the fans showed support, respect, did not let the Ars*nal issue cloud what they could see with their own eyes. Spurs need more players like him IMHO.

He has the first touch of a drunk spastic. He only plays when he feels like it, and his only decent season was for Ars*nal. I agree we need a player with his style, but for gods sake, let's sign a decent one.
AVB OUT, AND TAKE LEVY WITH YOU

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2012, 11:38:06 PM »
It is good that we have at least signed another striker and IF Adebayor performs as he did last year then all well and good but if my memory serves he tends to be brilliant until he gets his feet under the table then gets a wee bit lacsidaisical !!! I hope I am wrong but I would of thought a lot of his performances last year would of been 'Arry fuelled, i.e. 'Arry putting an arm round him and telling him all he wanted to hear, wether AVB will do this is debateable !!

One other worrying thing that seems to be happening is a exodus of Centre Backs from the club in the last few weeks we have lost Nelson, King, Bassong and now it seems Dawson and I'm sure I read somewhere that AVB had told Gallas he could go too !!!! Seeing as this was a particular area of concern last season I'm a bit surprised that we are leaving ourselves a bit lightweight in this area and to top it Huddlestone who can also cover is being apparentley loaned out to that great footballing side Stoke City !!!!!
Just a thought why are we dumping Huddlestone and keeping Jenas and Bentley this is a very worrying turn of events...... AVB certainly is taking his time about making changes looks like he learn't his lesson at Chelski about changing things too quickly !!!

Things are starting to take an unerring turn for the worse and it's making me extremely nervous !!!

???
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2012, 08:33:05 AM »
I apologise if that was a bit rude and slightly personal. But sometimes Baldbloke you make me pull my hair out.  :)
Baldbloke is like our old pal Gareth Keown who managed to ruin every thread on SpursNetwork. I'm not sure whether he's a troll or really thinks he would be the best player/manager/chairman for Spurs.

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2012, 09:59:36 AM »
Baldbloke you are a either a moron or an Ars*nal scumbag, all you ever post on this site is negativity, Adebayor was our TOP GOALSCORER last term, or were you too busy watching the ARSE--- to notice, why don't you find another site to be BORING on you MORON as I for one am sick and tired of reading your CRAP!!!!! :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

COYS  :up: :up: :up:
:SN:[font

Offline yidmafioso

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2012, 12:42:28 PM »
Levy then will also know what money we make from CL footi as from my annual report i got sent after the CL season (which is now signed by THFC players) our profits were right up mainly due to the stack of wonga from the CL and our amazing run in it!

You say Levy is all about money well he surely can see that without investment we wont get CL again or the dosh from it!

He has a job to do and in previous seasons thrown big money at muppets he is clearly cautious not to do this anymore!

So how much of the CL money did he spend on players ?

Levy has no nterest in Spurs as a football club, only as an investment that will make him even richer. It's about time some Spurs fans wake up and smell the coffee. We will never be a successful club whilst that little weezle is in charge. Like our friends up the road, Spurs only interest is to make money to keep their fat shareholders happy. We are an extremely wealthy club, however our reluctance to sign quality players and take the odd risk disgusts me.  Every year my season ticket goes up at twice the rate of inflation. In turn the club is pushing out it's real supporters and shipping in the prawn sandwich brigade. The atmosphere is dying, and now we have the premierships worst ever manager to take us swiftly back to mid table mediocrity. Non of this matters though, because we will be right at the top of the money making table !!
  All football clubs exist as a business first and foremost and see the fans as potential "customers" .You can thank sky for that .Levy has done good and bad but he realizes , i`m sure , that to make money you have to spend money and keeping the fans and the players happy is the only way to succeed .
If your not spurs you`re dead to me

Offline baldbloke

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2012, 05:14:30 PM »
Baldbloke you are a either a moron or an Ars*nal scumbag, all you ever post on this site is negativity, Adebayor was our TOP GOALSCORER last term, or were you too busy watching the ARSE--- to notice, why don't you find another site to be BORING on you MORON as I for one am sick and tired of reading your CRAP!!!!! :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

COYS  :up: :up: :up:

He was our top scorer because he played so many more minutes than any other striker. If you like him that's your choice, but I think he is crap. Tell you what though, I bet you agree with me by the end of the season. I have never met an Ars*nal fan that was not delighted to see the back of him.

Offline dimexi

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2012, 01:55:32 AM »

I bet you agree with me by the end of the season. I have never met an Ars*nal fan that was not delighted to see the back of him.

It is funny, but I think last season you spent the whole time telling us that at the end of the season we would all come around and see that you were right. Didn't happen then, not happening now and will probably not happen in the future.

My bet would be more like this: I bet you that although you will never agree with me at the end of any season. You will be wrong about our season and your predictions will be proved wrong. I think AVB will last the whole season. We will finish 8th or higher. (I know that is a lowly estimate, but still way too positive for Baldbloke to accept  ;) personally I think we will end up top 6 with a chance we could still challenge for 4th. Not ideal but although I am not condemning AVB, I do still have some reservations. However, I am now getting a silly feeling that it may all work out okay,

I know it is stupid and may be born out of a response to the negative beliefs of others, that I so desperately want to see proven wrong, but it is there. I wont give up believing, not yet.

I have a dream, a White Hart dream.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 01:57:03 AM by dimexi »
Maybe next year...

Offline baldbloke

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2012, 08:39:27 AM »

I bet you agree with me by the end of the season. I have never met an Ars*nal fan that was not delighted to see the back of him.

It is funny, but I think last season you spent the whole time telling us that at the end of the season we would all come around and see that you were right. Didn't happen then, not happening now and will probably not happen in the future.

My bet would be more like this: I bet you that although you will never agree with me at the end of any season. You will be wrong about our season and your predictions will be proved wrong. I think AVB will last the whole season. We will finish 8th or higher. (I know that is a lowly estimate, but still way too positive for Baldbloke to accept  ;) personally I think we will end up top 6 with a chance we could still challenge for 4th. Not ideal but although I am not condemning AVB, I do still have some reservations. However, I am now getting a silly feeling that it may all work out okay,

I know it is stupid and may be born out of a response to the negative beliefs of others, that I so desperately want to see proven wrong, but it is there. I wont give up believing, not yet.

I have a dream, a White Hart dream.

Like you said, 8th is a good shout. That's 4 positions below Arry. So what as AVB done up to now. He played Livermore instead of VDV, and Gallas instead of our new centre half. Ultimately theses decisions cost us the game. He has got rid of our most successful centre half combination for years. He has resigned a striker that was average at best, and one we know won't bother if he doesn't feel like it. He has kept Jenas and Bentley and loaned out Hudd. The bloke is a footballing moron, of that there is no mistake !!

Offline StartingPrice

• Mark my words...summits gonna happen!
  • Hero: Mabbs
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2012, 01:38:19 PM »
So its been a while since I last posted. after a quick browse it seems the general feeling around the sight is one of pessimism. Ever the optimist I think that if we make a couple of good signings before the window ends (please Levy make them sooooon!!!)

Only one thing is for certain. As Levy see's the transfer window as an opportunity to  make more money, rather than an opportunity to improve the squad, the only thing I can assure you is that spending will be less than our income.

My prediction is that we will sign Adebayor, either on another years loan or a knock down deal. Either way he is pretty crap !!

I love your optimism, but I can't share it afraid

If Levy sees only opportunities to make money and not improve the squad:

How do you explain the fact that the squad is better than it was 4 years ago, 8 yers ago, and 12 years ago (or do you dispute that)?
How do you explain the concommitant improvement in our finishing league position?
Do you recognise any place for the amount of time, effort and money put into improving our youth product in your vision of squad building?
If you can't change the World, change yourself...and if you can't change yourself, then, change the World.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2012, 04:14:43 PM »
A bit of a aworrying time with all these players being sold and not quite as many coming in.  :tickedoff:
There is now talk of VDV going and this reminds me of Ramos' reign when Keano was sold to the Pool and a coupe of other good players went at the same time.  This took us down to the bottom of the league until Harry took over.  Bless him!

I am not suggesting for a moment that AVB is in Ramos's class, but  whislt I had a lot of confidence in him when he first came in, he now makes me feel more than a bit nervous.  :hide:

I sincerely hope that we see a couple more last minute class signings, like in goal I hope and a straight replacement for Modric to complete the squad.  :nods:

Pity about Dawson :'(

Offline baldbloke

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2012, 06:22:20 PM »

Only one thing is for certain. As Levy see's the transfer window as an opportunity to  make more money, rather than an opportunity to improve the squad, the only thing I can assure you is that spending will be less than our income.

My prediction is that we will sign Adebayor, either on another years loan or a knock down deal. Either way he is pretty crap !!

I love your optimism, but I can't share it afraid
[/quote]

If Levy sees only opportunities to make money and not improve the squad:

How do you explain the fact that the squad is better than it was 4 years ago, 8 yers ago, and 12 years ago (or do you dispute that)?
How do you explain the concommitant improvement in our finishing league position?
Do you recognise any place for the amount of time, effort and money put into improving our youth product in your vision of squad building?
[/quote]

Look mate, only time will tell. I know for certain that AVB will be out before the end of the season, and it wouldn't surprise me if he goes before Christmas. Unfortunately Levy is almost bullet proof. Oh, and the answer to your questions is Harry Redknapp !!

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2012, 06:41:10 PM »
HR is gone and understandably so! he was going to drop us like hot s**t if England came calling as he thought they would!  So its no surprise that after Levy tried to tie him to a long term contract prior to FC departing and hHR refused thinking the England hot seat was a dead cert for him he got the good old f**k off son!

Remember its down to this largely that we lost 3rd spot in such a :tossa:s fashion!

HR was no f**king messiah, yes he did well for us but he wasnt going to be able to take us to the next level, move on the club has and most supporters!

I have to admit I am getting a bit uneasy about the standard of players being sold or loaned and the others who are rumoured, perhaps there are a few key signings in the wings...... actually no I bloody hope there are!
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline baldbloke

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2012, 08:32:50 PM »
HR is gone and understandably so! he was going to drop us like hot s**t if England came calling as he thought they would!  So its no surprise that after Levy tried to tie him to a long term contract prior to FC departing and hHR refused thinking the England hot seat was a dead cert for him he got the good old f**k off son!

Remember its down to this largely that we lost 3rd spot in such a :tossa:s fashion!

HR was no f**king messiah, yes he did well for us but he wasnt going to be able to take us to the next level, move on the club has and most supporters!

I have to admit I am getting a bit uneasy about the standard of players being sold or loaned and the others who are rumoured, perhaps there are a few key signings in the wings...... actually no I bloody hope there are!

A few points worth discussing.

Yes, Arry would have taken the England job, and so would any English manager of any English club. I bet the West Brom supporters are slagging off RH. Why would any sane Spurs supporter deride Arry for wanting to manage his country ?

Your right, Arry wasn't perfect, and he made some poor tactical decisions at times. The point is though, he made far more good ones than poor ones, and that's why we finished 4th, 5th, and 4th again, with an average net spend of only £12m per annum under his reign. Yes it may partly have been down to him that we finished fourth and not third, albeit I believe it was mainly down to the players. The point is that if it weren't for Arry we would not have been in a position to finish either. Your memory is short my friend. Under Ramos we were bottom when Arry took over, and under Jol we were 2nd from bottom when Ramos took over. Our good days are over, and AVB is just about to take us back to the days of Jol and Ramos.

The next level you refer to was always down to investment, and unfortunately we don't have a chairman that will ever invest the money we need to get to aforementioned level.