SpursNetwork

Pick your strikers

Offline aspursfan

• Season Ticket: No
Pick your strikers
« on: August 14, 2012, 01:41:50 AM »
What is your preferred attacking option for the upcoming season?

• Kane
  • Defoe
  • Kane and Defoe
  • Defoe and Kane
  • 4-6-0

AVB obviously has some hard decisions to make with the myriad of attacking options available to him.

:hide:
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
Re: Pick your strikers
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 03:13:49 AM »
Reckon we would be better off and more of a threat with Kaboul up front or Gomes
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 06:41:25 AM »
Reckon we would be better off and more of a threat with Kaboul up front or Gomes
Too bad Clive Allen was sacked. We still have Les Ferdinand, though.

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 05:22:56 PM »
Play two big men up front Defoe and Lennon !!!!

:2funny:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 06:16:40 PM »
I think at this point with a our first EPL match of teh season a few days away, if we dont laugh at our situation we would cry!

We cant blame AVB for this either!!

"News Flash Ledley comes out of retirement to help with Spurs striker Crisis" Ledley is confident he can help out as he has scored more goals in the EPL than Kane! lmao

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2012, 06:27:01 PM »
I think at this point with a our first EPL match of teh season a few days away, if we dont laugh at our situation we would cry!

We cant blame AVB for this either!!

"News Flash Ledley comes out of retirement to help with Spurs striker Crisis" Ledley is confident he can help out as he has scored more goals in the EPL than Kane! lmao

Why can't we blame AVB ?

He's the manager and he is in charge along with the other 53 people on deciding who we buy and how much we pay and when we pay and if it's in groats or Euros or dracma's and in which cycle of the full moon we are allowed to make a bid and how many goats we sacrifice and ultimately how much s**te we spout about how hard we are trying to sign no one !!!!!!!!!!!!

:hide:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline dimexi

• I have a dream... a white hart dream
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2012, 08:00:44 PM »

Why can't we blame AVB ?

Well according to some of the comments made regarding Harry and how it was down to Levy that we did not get the players Harry wanted in January etc etc. How can we then say that AVB should be able to do what Harry could not.

How do we know that AVB is not trying to get some players in, but they don't want to come? Or that AVB has been told that once we get the funds in from selling Modric, then he can spend some.

I don't have the answers but frankly that is what bothers me the most. The lack of information, statements, not even a juicy rumour that we can pin our hopes on, only to be dejected when we sign someone from the championship instead. That is what is getting to me right know. More than that is the fact that the press are not even asking the right questions, the ones we need them to ask. We just get the BBC saying... http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18922082

Which is very nice and cosy, but has no teeth!
Maybe next year...

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2012, 10:04:35 PM »

Why can't we blame AVB ?

Well according to some of the comments made regarding Harry and how it was down to Levy that we did not get the players Harry wanted in January etc etc. How can we then say that AVB should be able to do what Harry could not.

Hence the following statement regarding the other 53 and the goats etc etc etc !!!

But I agree it is a wee bit strange that we have had no rumours no real links or even any bulls**t, the worrying thing is unlike 'Arry, AVB hasn't been flapping his gums about lack of activity.
Even more worrying is his lack of concern about lack of depth, which is even more worrying to me ........ a yes man who just does as he's told ?
'Arry liked a chat but at least he fought his corner and put it out there so that Levy and the board had to at least look like they wher doing something !!!!

>:(

Offline dimexi

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2012, 10:03:00 AM »
I have just looked again at the official spurs website. I don't know what we have been worrying about. In the team profiles Defoe is not alone. Have you long forgotten the prodigious of talents? Dos Santos? Yep he is there as striker number 2. Now with us playing a new formation and all. It now seems obvious. We are going to be playing Bale Defoe and Dos santos as a front 3. With Kane as our back up man and possibly Lennon or Van der Vart filling in when necessary. It all seems so clear now, panic over!

Now I know in principle the formation thing could work. but I think I may have lost it!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:
Maybe next year...

Offline scotspurs

• C.O.Y.S
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2012, 11:01:49 AM »
Is Giovanni Dos Santos still at the lane?? If so he could be an option. I know he hasn't sparkled for Spurs the way he does for Mexico but he still looks like a half decent player to me.

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2012, 11:29:11 AM »
Is Giovanni Dos Santos still at the lane?? If so he could be an option. I know he hasn't sparkled for Spurs the way he does for Mexico but he still looks like a half decent player to me.
Dos Santos already managed to anger Villas-Boas with some unnecessary comments about his situation at Spurs.

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2012, 12:09:30 PM »
I recall a quote not very long ago by Dos Santos stating that if he isnt sold this window he will leave on a free next season!

Clear he doesnt see his future with us, shame as he is a talent but just hasnt managed to do it at Spurs, perhaps due to attitude?

Offline dimexi

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2012, 01:45:38 PM »
Harry used to say how he liked him as a player but his attitude was a problem. If a player does not want to play for Harry, then who will he play for?
Maybe next year...

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2012, 02:18:28 PM »
The manager of mexico seems to get the best of of Dos Santos.  I have watched him in training and have to say he is the laziest out of the team on the training pitch.

He is an option for us if he remains at the club he could shine...... we can but hope.

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2012, 02:41:15 PM »
What ever happened to that young guy we got from Ivory Coast a few years back, he was supposed to be good