SpursNetwork

Offline Spurs218

• Hero: Zokora
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« on: December 23, 2011, 09:37:40 PM »
As the year draws to a close, it brings an end to what was a simply unforgetable year for this club.

IIRC, January was an awful month which saw us get smashed away at Fulham 4-0.

However, it was two particular away trips which will always stay in my memory for however long I live. The trip to the San Siro to play AC: I've never been so excited about a football match and to win there was a simply amazing night which will always remain with me.

We had now reached the last 8 of the greatest club competition in the world, we now faced, argubly, one of the greatest teams ever - Real Madrid.

Tottenham Hotspur, a team I care so much about, were heading to the Santiago Bernabeu..... This is what we pay so much to see.

We got smashed to pieces, but I left the ground with my head held high. So we lost 5-0 to Madrid and were out? I never expected us to get that far.

The low point of the season has to be the fact we failed to get that vital 4th spot again. Personally I don't buy into this talk that City got there because they spent more than us. We didn't get top four because we didn't win the vital games, Blackpool away for example, when we could have gone 3rd.

Two other games which will stay with me: The 3-3 against Ars*nal which was quite simply an amazing game for all to watch.

The 2-0 win away at Liverpool. Waited a long time for that.

Overall, it's been an amazing 2011 and one which has seen us start the season so well. I can only hope that 2012 will be half as eventful as the year which is about to pass.
"Any player coming to Spurs whether he's a big signing or just a ground staff boy must be dedicated to the game and to the club. He must be prepared to work at his game. He must never be satisfied with his last performance, and he must hate losing."

RIP: Sir Bill Nicholson

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
Re: 2011
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 06:26:19 AM »
Good post mate. Here's to good times to come in 2012.  :santa_afro:

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 11:32:36 PM »
Good post mate. Here's to good times to come in 2012.  :santa_afro:

I will drink to that, 2012 our return to the :coys: CL!
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline baldbloke

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2011, 11:28:36 AM »
As the year draws to a close, it brings an end to what was a simply unforgetable year for this club.

IIRC, January was an awful month which saw us get smashed away at Fulham 4-0.

However, it was two particular away trips which will always stay in my memory for however long I live. The trip to the San Siro to play AC: I've never been so excited about a football match and to win there was a simply amazing night which will always remain with me.

We had now reached the last 8 of the greatest club competition in the world, we now faced, argubly, one of the greatest teams ever - Real Madrid.

Tottenham Hotspur, a team I care so much about, were heading to the Santiago Bernabeu..... This is what we pay so much to see.

We got smashed to pieces, but I left the ground with my head held high. So we lost 5-0 to Madrid and were out? I never expected us to get that far.

The low point of the season has to be the fact we failed to get that vital 4th spot again. Personally I don't buy into this talk that City got there because they spent more than us. We didn't get top four because we didn't win the vital games, Blackpool away for example, when we could have gone 3rd.

Two other games which will stay with me: The 3-3 against Ars*nal which was quite simply an amazing game for all to watch.

The 2-0 win away at Liverpool. Waited a long time for that.

Overall, it's been an amazing 2011 and one which has seen us start the season so well. I can only hope that 2012 will be half as eventful as the year which is about to pass.

I thought the 3-3 game against Ars*nal was 2010. We beat them 2-3 away from home in 2011.

I put last  season down as a disappointing, as getting to the quarter finals of the CL did not make up for failing to get into it this season, and having dreadful runs in the domestic cups.

Anything less than 3rd this year and an FA cup final will p155 me off for 2012
AVB OUT, AND TAKE LEVY WITH YOU

Offline Spurs218

• Hero: Zokora
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2011, 01:35:12 PM »
We beat them away in Novemember. The home game was April sometime.
"Any player coming to Spurs whether he's a big signing or just a ground staff boy must be dedicated to the game and to the club. He must be prepared to work at his game. He must never be satisfied with his last performance, and he must hate losing."

RIP: Sir Bill Nicholson