SpursNetwork

Woodgate interview

Offline aspursfan

• Season Ticket: No
Woodgate interview
« on: September 18, 2011, 01:53:36 AM »
I thought this was fairly good insight into the Spurs board/manager relationship.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2038608/Hes-played-Zidane-Raul-Beckham--Jonathan-Woodgate-proud-Stokes-renaissance.html

'Harry would have kept me, definitely. He'd ring me every week, even when I was in Australia, to encourage me and say he needed me back. But I think his hands were tied,' reveals Woodgate.

'The manager told me to come in for training but as I was walking towards the dressing room to get changed, a Spurs official stopped me on the grass verge outside and said I couldn't train. I felt humiliated. We all went into a room. Harry fought my corner, he was dying for me to stay, but Spurs said they felt I wouldn't get to the top again.

"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
Re: Woodgate interview
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 01:53:01 PM »
We really should have kept him. Nice bloke. I hope he'll have a long run at Stoke. Keep it up, Woody!

Offline scotspurs

• C.O.Y.S
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 08:48:40 PM »
I think Harry was right. Woodgate has been Stokes star performer this year so far - I for one wish we had kept him.

Offline baldbloke

• Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 05:46:19 PM »
I thought this was fairly good insight into the Spurs board/manager relationship.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2038608/Hes-played-Zidane-Raul-Beckham--Jonathan-Woodgate-proud-Stokes-renaissance.html

'Harry would have kept me, definitely. He'd ring me every week, even when I was in Australia, to encourage me and say he needed me back. But I think his hands were tied,' reveals Woodgate.

'The manager told me to come in for training but as I was walking towards the dressing room to get changed, a Spurs official stopped me on the grass verge outside and said I couldn't train. I felt humiliated. We all went into a room. Harry fought my corner, he was dying for me to stay, but Spurs said they felt I wouldn't get to the top again.

If Levy had of put his tight little fingers in his tight little pockets and bought Gary Cahill, this thread wouldn't exist
AVB OUT, AND TAKE LEVY WITH YOU

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 08:33:11 AM »
Redknapp has also hinted that club transfers are being pushed through against his wishes. Read the full story here.