SpursNetwork

Keane joins LA Galaxy

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Keane joins LA Galaxy
« on: August 15, 2011, 07:08:57 PM »
 Robbie Keane has joined Major League Soccer side LA Galaxy for an undisclosed fee. Keane, who had also been linked with Leicester City, said he was "honoured, delighted and very excited" to be joining the American side.
Details of the transfer fee and length of contract have not been announced, but it is reported to be a £3.5m deal.
"I have always wanted to come and play in MLS so it's the perfect combination for me and a dream come true," he said.
Keane made 254 appearances for Spurs during his first spell at the club between 2002 and 2008, scoring 107 goals.
He moved to Liverpool in July 2008 but spent only six months at Anfield before returning to White Hart Lane.
However he failed to hold down a regular first-team place, amid competition from Jermain Defoe, Roman Pavlyuchenko, Rafael van der Vaart and Peter Crouch.
Galaxy general manager and head coach Bruce Arena said: "Robbie Keane will be a great addition to our club.
"I have followed his career and have always respected his ability as a competitor and a goalscorer."
   A statement on the Spurs website said: "The club can announce that it has reached agreement with Major League Soccer side LA Galaxy for the permanent transfer of Robbie Keane.
"We wish him all the best for the future."

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Keane joins LA Galaxy
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 07:25:12 PM »
I'm pretty sure he won't be returning for the fourth time. Good luck to him over the pond!

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 08:23:06 PM »
Did he support them when he was a boy.

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 08:50:11 PM »
Good luck Keano

:'(  to hear he had departed for the last time. A great servant to the club and a top top pro
COYS!

Offline Derry-Yid

• Hero: Teddy Sheringham
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 12:28:55 PM »
Did he support them when he was a boy.

more or less.

"I have always wanted to come and play in MLS so it's the perfect combination for me and a dream come true," he said.
"It's been my life, Tottenham Hotspur,
and I love the club."

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 03:17:11 PM »
God he doesn't half come out with some nonsense.  :dance: 

Offline a12 warrior

• Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 03:53:16 PM »

Robbie Keane has served the club well, always gave 100% scored some great goals sorry to see him go but he is now past his best but will be an enterainer in the states!!! 8)

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2011, 03:58:24 PM »
Keane couldn't have supported Galaxy as a kid because they were founded in 1995  :D He could have supported Los Angeles Aztecs (George Best, Tommy Smith and Johann Cruyff turned out for them) but since the Aztecs folded in 1981 when Keano was just one, I somehow doubt it. Complicated stuff indeed...  :P By the way, Keano will wear number 9 at Galaxy.

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2011, 04:06:02 PM »
Keane will go down as a Spurs Legend over the coming years and he was a 'Spurs' player in the true traditions of the club, good luck to him and I hope he acheives all he desires in the MLS

:up:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Dutchspurs

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2011, 06:58:20 PM »
I was a great fan till he left for liverpool.
As far as I am concerned he never came back...just a poor imitation

Offline scotspurs

• C.O.Y.S
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2011, 07:04:13 PM »
Keane will go down as a Spurs Legend over the coming years and he was a 'Spurs' player in the true traditions of the club, good luck to him and I hope he acheives all he desires in the MLS

:up:

Agreed.

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2011, 02:52:44 PM »
his goals helped us in the difficult seasons of a past few year but liverpool move killed him was never the same