SpursNetwork

Modric Sell or Rot

Modric Sell or Rot
« on: July 11, 2011, 11:17:25 AM »
Good Morning,
So it seems a written transfer request is imminent.
Do we let him rot in the stiffs or give him his wish and open the door .
Here's my tuppence worth;
Letting him rot will never happen, detrimental to the fringe players who are trying to break in
to the first team and there's no way a business will right off one of their best assets.

Offer him to Chelski for £50 mill, they pay a premium for starting this.
Offer him to another prem club for £40M
Offer him to a european club for £35M

What do you think?

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Modric Sell or Rot
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 11:31:39 AM »
If he wants to leave, then the club should sell him, BUT not to any English clubs. We were bullied by ManU (Berbastard) and Liverpool (Keane) already. No more! Send him to La Liga, Serie A, to hell, wherever...

What really wonders me is how is it possible that Chelsea has tapped up yet another player. Modrić said that he knows that Villas-Boas wants to sign him. How on Earth can he know that?! The first (and so far only) bid came when Villas-Boas was still at FC Porto.

Nevertheless I think we should wait for the club's statement as the press can publish all sorts of s**t and who knows - maybe things aren't as bad as they seem. Personally I am very sad and hurt with his behavior. Especially considering he signed a lucrative contract recently...
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 11:34:15 AM by RiffHard »

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 11:42:24 AM »
I'd add then, sell him to an english club but with a clause that he can't play against Spurs EVER!
Similar to these ridiculous loan player rules.

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 12:48:59 PM »
I'd add then, sell him to an english club but with a clause that he can't play against Spurs EVER!
Similar to these ridiculous loan player rules.
One cannot force this rule.

Offline millers-tach

• Hero: Steve Archibald
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 01:01:35 PM »
Sell, preferably abroad and certainly not for anything under 30million.

Purchase the guy from Werden Bremen (marcin?) i am crap with names but you know the guy, played against us has speed and craft a little bit like Messi and walked around 3-4 of our defenders in one move.

Love Modric and i dont blame him for anything, we are paying him peanuts in relation to other clubs and we certainly dont look like winning much anytime soon. The only way we can keep him is by making 1 or 2 big player signings that actually convinces him that SPURS are a big club that can achieve things.

I believe Mordic in that Levy probably did commit to talking if a 'bigger' club came in for him but even Modric must question if the Chavs are really much different from us especially when the new rules kick in and as for the offer of £22mill? Wow i thought they were joking when they spent £50mill on Torres. lol

Offline Spurs218

• Hero: Zokora
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 01:16:56 PM »
Keep him. Simple. Bid comes in, rejcet it. Transfer request comes in, ignore it.

It's really not hard. Guy refuses to play? Stop paying him. He'll soon get bored and want to play again.

If he wants to f**k us around then lets f**k his whole career up and keep him here until he either, A) Buys his contract out (can't do it for four years) B) Contract runs out.

Money grabbing c*nt.
"Any player coming to Spurs whether he's a big signing or just a ground staff boy must be dedicated to the game and to the club. He must be prepared to work at his game. He must never be satisfied with his last performance, and he must hate losing."

RIP: Sir Bill Nicholson

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 02:06:50 PM »
I agree up to a point in an ideal world we woud say " You signed the contract happily enough now you are going to keep to it " But this is football and we wont keep a £22 million plus player on the bench. Miserable players are a cancer in the squad, we cant have him spreading unrest so we will either chuck him out to train with the kids ( which we wont ) or sell him (which we will ). However I fear the damage has already been done. The Chairman now looks weak when he sells, and the club is a laughing stock yet again. How on earth we attract top players is a mystery, the only selling point we have is to tell them that if they play well for us they will soon be off to Chelsea or whoever. Why does this always seem to happen to Spurs, it's probably because we are on the fringe of being a top club but not quite there yet. Thats it really we see our selves as being able to play with the big boys but in reality we are just the toughest kid in the infants. As soon as the big boys come to play we are knocked on our arse and go crying to the teacher. This is a mess and I can see it getting messier. The next few weeks will tell us what sort of Manager Harry really is if he can organise a team out of this chaos then we might be on to something, but I fear all the good work of the last few years is about to crumble into dust.   

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2011, 02:15:20 PM »
The next few weeks will tell us what sort of Manager Harry really is if he can organise a team out of this chaos then we might be on to something, but I fear all the good work of the last few years is about to crumble into dust.   
Things went horribly wrong for Ramos after Berbastard and Keane were sold. The team crumbled badly... So, unfortunately you might have a point there.

The Daywalker

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2011, 02:39:41 PM »
think this has been a very cunning tactic by Levy.

he probs knew that Modric would be sold, but needed to find a way to do it (after Berbagate) in a way that would not alienate the fanbase from the Spurs hierachy. and the way to do it was to very publically show with great gnashing of teeth, breat-beating and feigned fury that Modric would not be sold at any price as we not a selling club (ALL clubs are selling clubs for the right price). Then get Modric to apply alll the pressure for the sale and eventually when it apears inevitable even to the fanbase,ONLY THEN to finallly 'give in' and negotiate an exit.brand 'Levy ' comes out relatively unscathed and 25m squid richer (or maybe Drogba in part-exchange).

its all there in between the lines.

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2011, 03:40:27 PM »
Keep him. Simple. Bid comes in, rejcet it. Transfer request comes in, ignore it.

It's really not hard. Guy refuses to play? Stop paying him. He'll soon get bored and want to play again.

If he wants to f**k us around then lets f**k his whole career up and keep him here until he either, A) Buys his contract out (can't do it for four years) B) Contract runs out.

Money grabbing c*nt.

I pretty much agree, send him on gardening leave to Croatia and forget about him that way he dosen't affect the atmosphere at the club, we hold his permit so he can rot or play..... end of simples!!!!!

???
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2011, 03:42:48 PM »
Oh yeh and invoke a "you can't train with anyone else" statement in there too !!!!!

Time to get serious with some of these players !!!!!!

>:(
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2011, 03:58:04 PM »
think this has been a very cunning tactic by Levy.

he probs knew that Modric would be sold, but needed to find a way to do it (after Berbagate) in a way that would not alienate the fanbase from the Spurs hierachy. and the way to do it was to very publically show with great gnashing of teeth, breat-beating and feigned fury that Modric would not be sold at any price as we not a selling club (ALL clubs are selling clubs for the right price). Then get Modric to apply alll the pressure for the sale and eventually when it apears inevitable even to the fanbase,ONLY THEN to finallly 'give in' and negotiate an exit.brand 'Levy ' comes out relatively unscathed and 25m squid richer (or maybe Drogba in part-exchange).

its all there in between the lines.
If Levy says we are not selling at any price and then sells, he looks like a twat and his credibility is in tatters,  I dont see that as coming out unscathed. We wont be £25 million richer as we will have to find somebody else to fill Mordics boots and in todays market that wont be easy or cheap. Drogba would be a waste of time as he is at the end of his career and would have no re-sale value so that would just be throwing good money after bad, plus if we cant meet Modrics wage demands we sure as hell wont be meeting Drogba's. I think Levy was genuine with his statement and probably hoped that Modric would show some loyalty. More fool him. I detect the hands of agents at work here, Modric seems like a decent guy, but his head has been turned and the whisperers have got to him.

The Daywalker

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2011, 04:15:48 PM »
Taimedowne

I disagree with that. Levy can now say that he did all that was possible to stop Modric from leaving, but theres no point on keeping a 25m player who is not commited and will most likely not play to his best, as well as dilute team-spirit and encourage negativity in the dressing-room.

for those who say he can rot for the next 6yrs in the reserves, there is a VERY LITTLE KNOWN Fifa directive that plainly states any player who is fit and willing to play for the 1st team but is left out for 90% of games (pro-rata, so you cant bring him on for 5secs at the end of games) in a season can invoke a Bosman and go for nothing after the season ends....

bet not many on here knew about that little chestnut now.

P\S - Drogba's lack of sell-on will be factored in but he can still give Spurs 2 very good yrs of world-class striking service (something which some feel we may have lacked last season). they can use the ole 'undisclosed fee' thang to fool the fans even more too.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 04:20:26 PM by The Daywalker »

Offline Spurs218

• Hero: Zokora
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2011, 04:33:30 PM »
Send him on loan to Orient then. Just don't sell the cnt to those plastic chav cnts.
"Any player coming to Spurs whether he's a big signing or just a ground staff boy must be dedicated to the game and to the club. He must be prepared to work at his game. He must never be satisfied with his last performance, and he must hate losing."

RIP: Sir Bill Nicholson

The Daywalker

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2011, 05:06:42 PM »
a player is not a slave.

he can always say no to any loan-deal that is mooted. also, will Orient be able to fit him into their midfield currently ?