SpursNetwork

White Heart Lane a black hole?

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
Re: White Heart Lane a black hole?
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2011, 01:03:57 PM »
I live for the day when I can be as wise as you Metalsy..... not sure why I'm telling you this as you of course will yet again have me on 'ignore'...

how silly of me.... again  :D

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2011, 01:09:34 PM »
« Reply #15 on: Today at 01:03:57 PM »

You are ignoring this user. Show me the post.

Bliss......  :up:
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2011, 02:55:45 PM »
It's White Hart Lane and its not a black hole, as any team improves certain elements of that team become redundant due to the improvement around them. As the team has improved certain players are just not good enough to fill the positions thay started in and others need to come in and take their place, other players rise to the challenge and raise their game. We have had a meteoric rise in form over the last 2 seasons and some players who were good enough at the start have fallen off the pace and are finding it hard to cope so their overall game suffers, the likes of Crouch, Krancjar, Corluka, Jenas etc etc are now struggling to be "good enough", I'm not saying they have become bad players it's just the team as a whole has improved and they haven't been able to keep pace. We are now in a sort of no mans land were we need to sign new players that are of the required standard or hope that the players lagging behind catch up with the rest............ It's called growing and can be very painful as we all seem to be starting to realise!!!!

:-\
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2011, 03:14:40 PM »
a very thoughtful coherent piece of literature there from Ugsy, for a change :P

obviously I disagree with Jenas, Crouch and even Kranjcar being in the quoted list.... its more about the team tactics nowadays that make the players look less than they are to mere fans....

Jenas is STILL our most complete all-round midfielder.... when he's fit again, the inevitable will follow and he will reclaim his regular  team place..

Offline bigv

• Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2011, 04:03:51 PM »
I admire your eternal just wait faith in mr jenas. When he finally is shipped out or retires or whatever comes first what will your opinions be having finally accepted that his spurs career was a complete failure.  Or is this a ruse to infuriate your spurs brethren? I dont intend waiting until my pubes turn grey for jenas to come to fruition. No thank you.

Offline SomersetYiddo

• Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2011, 04:16:19 PM »
Gareth is never coming off Ignore for me Metal! YID ARMY

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2011, 06:16:04 PM »
Jenas is already an established player at Spurs, so he doesnt need to prove any point further...

if anything, he should be more selfish IMO and allow himself the luxuries of swanning upfield more often, a few more shimmies and flicks... all well within his repetoire.... the way Modric does to very fluctuating effect. But the guy is a real team player and is content to supply the balance needed to compensate for the self-indulgent play of others in midfield...

Offline bigv

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2011, 06:34:04 PM »
rubbish^^^^^^^^ :2funny:

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2011, 06:39:01 PM »
please do let me know when Modric makes it to 10 goals in a season from CM.... if not, he should ask Jenas how its done  :up:

Offline bigv

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2011, 06:41:30 PM »
yeah good one, ask the guy who cant cement his place in the first team and who hasnt scored in donkies for advice.

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2011, 06:45:52 PM »
if you asked Messi to play Jenas' role in CM and had Messi miss the same number of games thru injury, he probably would have scored as many as the Jenius this season..

Offline SomersetYiddo

• Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2011, 06:55:26 PM »
Keep that ignore button on bigv! And dont respond to the gooner goblin!  :D

Offline bigv

« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2011, 07:11:01 PM »
if you asked Messi to play Jenas' role in CM and had Messi miss the same number of games thru injury, he probably would have scored as many as the Jenius this season..

why dont you phone jenas up and get him to take you to a hotel room and give you a good seeing to and get it out of your system gareth. Are you taking any meds for your groupie grope me jenas condition???

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2011, 07:20:28 PM »
why Bigv.... that roughly translates to me as: oh dear I havent got a hope in hell of Modric ever scoring 10 goals in a season the way Jenas has, therefore I better try abit of bluster and see if that does the trick instead... :P

try again, my darling  :-*

Offline bigv

« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2011, 07:44:43 PM »
jenas has never scored more than 6 league goals for spurs and has never hit 10 in all competitions in a season for either spurs or newcastle.  Therefore it is you gareth and jermaine while hes at it that need to try a little harder darlings..... :-* :ohyeah: 8D :2funny: