SpursNetwork

American Football

Offline millers-tach

• Hero: Steve Archibald
  • Season Ticket: No
American Football
« on: September 18, 2010, 08:05:05 PM »
Looking for some help from you US of A boys on here.

I like a little bit of Sunday night action from the NFL but obviously it is more fun watching something if you have a small and affordable wager on it.

So as an outside bet who do you fancy to make it to the SuperBowl?

I find NFL such a tough thing to bet on as the power seems to switch all the time in the teams so any teams and a brief reason would be great.

Cheers

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: American Football
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 09:38:36 PM »
TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :P

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 03:52:33 AM »
Baltimore Ravens vs. Green Bay Packers
He's strained his left adductor muscle it says. Whats that then ? Do we all have those or just footballers ? I wonder how mine are ? *courtesy of taimedowne*

Offline SomersetYiddo

• Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2010, 10:53:51 AM »
I watch a fair bit of NFL, i say put some money on New York Giants (but maybe slightly biased as i support them, but they are a great side this year aswell) Alot of people say Green Bay Packers is a good outsider with nice odds.

Offline millers-tach

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 12:29:36 PM »
Thanks for that Somerset. Just because you are closer to home than the Americans i am pleased with your input.

Time to loosen the old Scottish wallet for the second time this year  :lol:

Offline SomersetYiddo

• Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 01:59:51 PM »
Green Bay are the current favourites with ladbrokes at 6/1 (shop around you maybe able to get 8/1 with other bookies), Giants are 33/1 at the moment just becasue they lost a game they were favoured to win the other day, good each bet at 33/1 though because they will be up and around there at the end. Some of my friends have also put money on the Pittsburgh Steelers and Houston Texans as outsiders both with strong squads.

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2010, 03:09:33 PM »
After watching the Week 2 games - I have a slightly different opinion.

Super Bowl XLV
Indianapolis Colts vs. Green Bay Packers

AFC Championship
Indianapolis Colts vs. Houston Texans

NFC Championship
Green Bay Packers vs. New Orleans Saints
He's strained his left adductor muscle it says. Whats that then ? Do we all have those or just footballers ? I wonder how mine are ? *courtesy of taimedowne*

Offline millers-tach

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2010, 12:59:18 PM »
Not sure how often the fav's win the Bowl so i might stay clear of that. I prefer an each way on something a bit longer in value so you other tips coupled with Wilson's expert anyalisis (you realise i will be gunning for you at the end of season if you are wrong? lol) seem the way to go.

Have taken the Texans at 16-1 e/w on the basis most of my wealth has come thanks to the oil industry in Aberdeen.

And a straight win on the Colts, only second fav's i know but they looked very impressive last year.

Thanks guys.

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2010, 10:39:12 PM »
Nice! I'm 37 and lived in Indianapolis until I was 31. The Colts and the Spurs are my teams. You can't really go wrong with Indy, but it's hard for me to be objective where they are concerned. I'm looking forward to November 21st. The Spurs have Ars*nal - and the Colts play the Patriots. It could be a very explosive day in my houselhold - lol.

Offline millers-tach

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2010, 11:06:36 PM »
Not sure where you live these days Wilson but i notice you mentioned Indy in a few of your posts. Would be interested to hear how/why you moved.

Early season betting looks not too shabby on the Colts but the Texans seemed to have forgotten how to win a game!!

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2010, 04:35:50 PM »
My Bucaneers are causing a few upsets this year on the back a terrible 3-13 season last year. Play-off's would be great but i expect a few ups and downs yet...
COYS!

Offline millers-tach

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2010, 01:16:01 PM »
3-13 last year? Ouch that is one hell of a bad season. They certainly seem to be putting that behind them so far, hope they keep it going for you.

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2010, 01:48:20 AM »
@millers-tach -- Indianapolis is my hometown. My family moved from Indy to Tampa when I was beginning college. I studied in Indiana and remained there for some years. Eventually, I joined my family in sunny Florida. Shortly thereafter, I followed my wife to Savannah, Georgia for her graduate studies and now we live and work in Atlanta where I attend graduate school. Although, we are moving back to Tampa very soon.

So...to sum up - that is why my favorite teams are:

NFL - Indianapolis Colts / (Tampa Bay Buccaneers are my wife's team)
NBA - Indiana Pacers
MLB - Tampa Bay Rays

...and of course the Mighty Spurs!

Offline millers-tach

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2010, 01:19:02 PM »
Good stuff Wilson.

2 of my work mates are over in Florida right now (school holidays mid term break type thing so over with their kids) I know one of them went to see Tampa a week past Saturday and he emailed me to say how magic the game was.

The States is a great place and i really regret not going on a major tour of it when i was younger and had no commitments. Played football with a lot of guys from all over the states when I played for Shell's local team so I have a lot of time for most thing American.

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2010, 04:48:19 PM »
GO BUCS!!!
COYS!