SpursNetwork

Bostock on loan to Hull

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Bostock on loan to Hull
« on: August 06, 2010, 10:46:54 PM »
Hull City have signed midfielder John Bostock on a season-long loan deal from Tottenham Hotspur.   The 18-year-old has also agreed a contract extension with Tottenham through to the summer of 2013.
Bostock became Spurs' youngest ever player when he made his debut two years ago but has been unable to hold down a place in their first-team squad.
It is unclear whether he will be registered in time to make his Tigers debut against Swansea City on Saturday.   Nonetheless, his signing is a boost for the beleaguered Championship club, whose financial situation has prevented boss Nigel Pearson from making significant additions to his squad.
Bostock was loaned out to Brentford for three months last season and recently bemoaned the lack of top-flight opportunities for young English players.

The Bees opted against extending his stay, prompting Spurs boss Harry Redknapp to question the youngster's attitude.
It is not the first time controversy has surrounded a player heralded as one of the most gifted of his generation domestically.
His move to Spurs from Crystal Palace two years ago proved particularly acrimonious.
The clubs were unable to agree a fee, which was eventually set by a tribunal at £700,000, much to the disgust of former Palace chairman Simon Jordan.

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Re: Bostock on loan to Hull
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 02:51:21 PM »
This is a good chance to see whether he is "all that".  Harry has made one or two disparaging remarks about the lad's personality, so is giving him a real chance to impress here.  For my part, and from what I have seen, I think he will have a belting season for Hull - and come back to us (as European Champions) on fire. 

Offline mighty yid!

• Come on you Spurs!
  • Hero: ricky villa
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 03:00:59 PM »
its what he has wanted, first team football. now lets see if he is the real deal. so much potential, lets hope he delivers.
"If you don't have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can't claim to have done your best."

Offline Chelmsford_yid

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 07:29:56 PM »
He scored today.  :up:

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2010, 10:56:17 PM »
Should be interesting to see how does there. I'm glad as he will get opportunities there. Pleased he signed a new deal at Tottenham.

Anyone seen his goal today? Any good?
COYS!

Offline Chelmsford_yid

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2010, 06:19:15 AM »
I havent seen the goal but reading it online, it was a 30 screamer in to the top right corner of the net.

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2010, 01:41:17 PM »
Gu laaaaad :-)
COYS!

Offline Colspur66

• Hero: Glen Hoddle
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2010, 09:28:31 PM »
His goal was an absolute beauty. There is a video of it on the spurs page on newsnow.

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2010, 05:13:41 PM »
His goal was an absolute beauty. There is a video of it on the spurs page on newsnow.

:up:  Cheers matey and it was a beauty  :nods:  wasnt it?!?!?!?!?!?!
COYS!

Offline SomersetYiddo

• Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2010, 06:35:55 PM »
What a strike! He must have been about 30 yards out! Im glad hes gone out on loan for this season to express his talent, hopefully when he comes back he would have proved enough for Harry to give him more game time.

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2010, 06:53:23 PM »
lots of loans for the young'uns.  I am assuming that they cant be recalled - does anyone know?

Offline YidJoe24

• Jermain Defoe is Yiddo
  • Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2010, 03:09:24 PM »
saw his goal on Soccer AM this morning, bloody hell pick that out!!
"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aimin low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."

"If you don't have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can't claim to have done your best"

Bill Nicholson