3, is THE magic number.

Offline YidJoe24

• Jermain Defoe is Yiddo
  • Hero: David Ginola
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: 3, is THE magic number.
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2010, 11:06:15 AM »
Fabiano, Young, Richards!!!!!!  :ohyeah:
"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aimin low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."

"If you don't have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can't claim to have done your best"

Bill Nicholson

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2010, 06:24:41 PM »
Remy/Huntelaar................... (sell Crouch)

Gallas

decent backup GK

keep Keano, Dos Santos.....sell/loan Hutton, Bentley and Corluka (in January)..

this would make us serious title-contenders, never mind Top4..

Offline Dom07Tottenham

• Hero: Gareth Bale
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2010, 02:41:03 PM »

The only way I can see Crouchy leaving would be if his missus needed them to move and it was his last chance to keep her after hooker debacle.

Harry says he is looking for players with EPL experience, and on the cheap so unfortunately that rules out Fabiano, Huntelaar, Suarez, Remy.

Last season he kept talking about how happy he is with the strikeforce, and that another striker would give him a headache, he then sent Keane on loan and Gudjohnsen in, now Keane and Dos Santos are in form, and Pav has shown he has the ability, I really don't think we will be getting any strikers, unless one or two of them are leaving.

He hinted he wants to keep Keane but might be available, Jordan says we will keep Crouch, not exactly the horses mouth but close enough. Pav showed he really had a problem being left on the bench if there is a new arrival and more competition for his place, I believe he will unfortunately (because he is a good player) ask for out again.

Reports are Harry was at last nights France Norway game, rumoured to be watching Remy, could be bull, N'Zogbia who handed in a transfer request and is available, also played for France along with a few other potential targets so who knows. but I believe he was looking at Remy who is interested in Spurs, apparently Harry also watched Gervinho, another striker or wide player for the same fee looked one of Ivory Coast's best during the WC .

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2010, 03:04:28 PM »
if you look at Jordan's statement he didnt actually rule out Crouch moving (looks like Keano now will be staying as we wont get Bellamy).... I think Arry wants a tall, pacy striker to partner any of Pav, Defoe, Keane..

there is a bid for Remy on the table but Nice want 3m more than our current offer..... Arry wants to free up a striker-slot and also raise some moolah for this other striker..

additionally, think we'll get an experienced CB still, and reserve-goalie... and keep Dos Santos so we dont need to buy cover for wide-right especially..