SpursNetwork

Spurs reject Crouch swap offer for Berbatov

Offline COYS

« on: March 25, 2007, 07:26:24 PM »
The cheeky bastards They think they can swap a lanky twat for a world class bulgarian

i think not

What are your opinions on the dirty scoucers after the great Berba, and do you think they will make an offer in the summer?
Berba > God

Offline Daniisco

• http://spursnetwork.com
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2007, 07:32:11 PM »
OMG that is funny. They can try and make an offer but even chelsea dont have enough money to take him away from us. If they want to do a swap deal, I'd swap Mido for Crouch.

Offline COYS

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2007, 07:41:57 PM »
yeah definatley lol if we loose Berba then we loose uefa cup imo unless we get another player that good
Berba > God

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2007, 07:54:18 PM »
A lot of teams will be interested and I think Liverpool are in need of some extra class up front, so it wouldn’t be a surprise if they made an offer and it wouldn’t be a surprise if a player they want to offload was offered as part of the deal.

But Spurs don't need to sell and I can only see an offer being considered if it were absolutely stupid money, and even then only considered. I don't think Liverpool have the money to tempt us and there is a reason they want to offload Crouch.

TBH I think the story is a crock of s***. Unfortunately the first of many that will involve Berbatov until the summer transfer window has closed.

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2007, 07:59:31 PM »
Funniest thing i have heard all day

where did you hear this ?

Offline COYS

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2007, 08:11:10 PM »
News now website, apparently it was an article in the sunday express.

"Tottenham have rejected an approach from Liverpool for star striker Dimitar Berbatov.
The Sunday Express says Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez was given short shrift by Tottenham when he suggested a swap deal involving Berbatov and Anfield forward Peter Crouch."
:dunno:
Berba > God

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2007, 09:41:09 PM »
they can have rasiak for crouch. o yh we sold him.

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2007, 09:42:51 PM »
There arent the smilies to correctly reflect how this makes me feel. Something between, outright laughter at the thought, anger at the cheek of it, relief we didn't do something stupid and a Roger Moore eyebrow raised at how Liverpool thought we would seriously entertain it.

Scally muppets.
There be dragons

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2007, 09:47:15 PM »
rafa benitez needs a nice slap.

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
  • Hero: Atiba Hutchinson/Jermain Defoe/Harry Kane
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2007, 10:39:47 PM »
Quote from: theospurs;1153
they can have rasiak for crouch. o yh we sold him.

:rofl: That was CLASSIC m8! Rasiak being in the lineup was a big reason why Poland were crap at the '06 WC. Between him and Baszczynski... yikes :p

Berbatov >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Crouch. Is Benitez making trips to British Columbia to sample some of Saltspring Island's illicit crops or something? :th_lolsign: Because he must be if he thinks he can pawn that gangly mark-ass off on us in exchange for Berby.

I AM CANAYIDIAN!
Proudly Canadian, Proudly A Spurs Fan

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2007, 01:47:21 AM »
Lol...I cant even think of a reply, im so dumbfounded by the stupidity!

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2007, 12:02:32 PM »
Quote from: faversham;1111
I don't think Liverpool have the money to tempt us

I think they will have the money, but not be prepared to spend it all on Berbs.

Offline Powerage

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2007, 02:01:53 PM »
To be honest I don't know why they don't just take a butchers in Europe for themselves like we did and find their own Berbatov. Its not like players aren't going too want too play for Liverpool, top 4 finish every season, European football every season.

It just annoys the **** out of me that we are a testing centre for the top 4, especially Man United, much like West Ham but we are still gonna be in the Premiership next season.

We have too stop being a selling club and do what it takes too keep top players at the club.

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2007, 04:50:49 PM »
do you think he will go if given the choice?

Offline SpursLad

• Peng.
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2007, 05:10:51 PM »
Quote from: Powerage;1192

It just annoys the **** out of me that we are a testing centre for the top 4, especially Man United, much like West Ham but we are still gonna be in the Premiership next season.

We have too stop being a selling club and do what it takes too keep top players at the club.

My exact thoughts, if we are trying to break into the top 4 then we shouldn't be selling our best players to them.