SpursNetwork

City 1 Spurs 2

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
City 1 Spurs 2
« on: February 14, 2016, 06:18:52 PM »
What a day, what a match. We’ve gone back to 2nd placing by beating City away 2-1. We’ve done the double over them (a 4-1 win at White Hart Lane). We are 10 points above 5th place (United). 

Tottenham moved to within two points of Premier League leaders Leicester as Christian Eriksen struck a late winner at fourth-placed Manchester City. Harry Kane fired home from the spot in the second half after Raheem Sterling was controversially penalised for handball. Then Yaya Toure struck a 20-yard free-kick against the bar before substitute Kelechi Iheanacho levelled. Then Eriksen got the winner in the 83rd minute. What a season Spurs are having. Only three defeats this season (only Leicester equalise that), but the best goal difference and best defence in the Premier league. Next week we meet Palace in the FA Cup 5th Round.

Ars*nal's win over leaders Leicester earlier in the day temporarily moved the Gunners into second place but Spurs have gone back ahead of their north London rivals on goal difference, and we still have to face them.

The best season we've had since the foundation of the Premier league.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: City 1 Spurs 2
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2016, 08:12:00 AM »
Can't argue with any of that Voice. Another superb all round team performance where everyone, the subs included, did their bit. If we continue like this then anything is achievable.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2016, 06:19:07 PM »
Absolutely fanstastic result. I went out to lunch with the wife as you do and to skip the Arse game.

Back in time to experience he best Valentine's day ever!! :smitten:

Let's keep our fingers crossed

:up:

Offline Jane

• Hero: Lamela
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2016, 07:42:23 PM »
I was at the match and most of the time we couldn't look. Near the end it was nail biting. But a brilliant result. As I said somewhere else I think it will be between us and Leicester City. Man City have now lost two in a row. And we've beaten them twice, but there is still a long way to go.

Jane x

Offline Ruth

• Hero: Harry Kane
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2016, 12:36:28 PM »
What a day to be at that match. It was so exciting and we got our victory  :dance: :dance: :dance: City who were favourites at the beginning of the season lost their last two games. We showed quality and style and kept fighting every time for the ball.  :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

Offline Spursx

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2016, 07:12:32 PM »
A good win and a much needed win. Spurs fought all the way and beat the team that were favourites to win the league this year. I am not sure who will win, but I know who I want to win, but, whatever we do we mustn't lose our manager. The next couple of games won't be that easy, but no matches will be that easy from now to the end of the season.