____

Tottenham

Barclays Premier League - 8th May  - KO 19:45  - Ground: Stamford Bridge

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Chelsea v Tottenham
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 06:15:31 AM »
I just read that we last beat Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in 1990 with Lineker scoring. As we know we had a similar case with Manchester United and Old Trafford. So, let's hope we can pull this off.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 09:36:15 AM »
"Pulling it off" would be the feat of the season for us.  We will have to hope that our boys are really up for it and that the chavs somewhat under par.

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 12:37:07 PM »
   As I said on another post I didn't think we would beat Man City, and we all know what happened in that game don't we, and at least Chelsea aren't going to park the bus, which will at least make for an open game and that will allow us to attack and expose their somewhat fragile defence, they are already s**tting themselves with regards to Bale, and who can blame them, add Lennon, & Defoe who invariably finds the back of the net against them, throw in Dembele, Lloris, Verthongen, Dawson, Parker, Huddlestone, Walker, Lewis, Benny, Caulker, Carroll, Dempsey, Syg and Adebayor (have I forgotten anyone) and I think its game OVER, a NO CONTEST, if this were a Boxing Match the Ref would STOP THE FIGHT.

S O      C O Y S

Make this old feller, a very happy chappy.

Good Luck Lads make us Proud as you always do.

Remember "TO DARE IS TO DO"

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 12:48:00 PM by Paul Finch »
:SN:[font

Offline a12 warrior

• Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2013, 05:39:02 PM »
Spurs will need to be at their very best tonight all over the park.

I just hope the players are up for it, hold their nerve and play the football Spurs are capable of, because if they don't they will be blown away

All the games now are must wins

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2013, 06:41:34 PM »
Hopefully we will have a strong squad tonight.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2013, 07:49:55 PM »
Lloris, Walker, Dawson, Vertonghen, Assou-Ekotto, Parker, Huddlestone, Lennon, Bale, Holtby, Adebayor. Subs: Friedel, Dempsey, Naughton, Defoe, Sigurdsson, Caulker, Carroll.

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2013, 09:42:31 PM »
Had we played the whole game the way we played it for the last 20 minutes, we would have won. And where has this Adebayor been for the whole season? He was working hard, got a goal and assist. Too bad he was flagged for offside when he was onside really. And of course, pity about the result, but there is always the next season and then the next etc. Hoping for Ars*nal to lose one of their last two games is like hoping for a lottery win (though, I must admit I won €4 today).

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2013, 10:34:48 PM »
     Well the Lads certainly didn't let us down tonight, did they? I got up at 0430am to watch the game, and boy am I glad I did, what a gutsy performance, twice a goal behind and twice they came back and we could probably have nicked it in the end. As you said Riff, where has this Adebayor been all season, Man of the Match for me, and again AVB pulls a Rabbit out of his hat.
     Great game and a great performance by the whole Squad, WELL DONE LADS, makes me proud to be a SPURS supporter.

:dance: :dance: :dance:
:SN:[font

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2013, 10:29:46 AM »
One of our best performance of the season and we could have pulled if of. If we play like this against Stoke & Sunderland, we can claim maximum points. 4th now being out of our hands hands, we have to hope that the Arse drop 2 points. They will have to be well geared up against 2 clubs fighting to stay up and it won't be easy.

Still in it with a faint shout!

:up:

Adebayor man of the match? :o

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2013, 12:04:57 PM »
Adebayor man of the match? :o
They probably told him he was going to be sold.

Offline dublinboy99

• Hero: Hoddle
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2013, 02:33:57 PM »
I had €5 on Spurs at 25/1 to win 3-2 so my heart missed a beat before Bale took that free kick near the end !! Good perfromance all round and if we win our last two games I think the Gooners will only get a draw at Newcastle  COYS

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2013, 05:24:07 PM »
A good draw, but we should have won. Now it is up to Ars*nal to drop points.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2013, 12:50:27 PM »
Did anyone see the analysis after the match some very interesting comments from messers Souness and Hoddle who basically said that we are a worse side than last year and if we don't make the top 4 this season would be a failure. They even went as far to say that we were a better footballling side under Redknapp and asked the question why was he sacked !!! to which Hoddle said it was obviously not for footballing reasons !!! Hoddle went on to say that the signings of Sigardsson, Dempsey and Holtby have not helped as they are not of a good enough standard to improve our squad but he did go on to say that AVB should be given more time and was hopefull that if the Chairman backs him then hopefully we will improve !!
 :nods:

‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2013, 01:56:43 PM »
Did anyone see the analysis after the match some very interesting comments from messers Souness and Hoddle who basically said that we are a worse side than last year and if we don't make the top 4 this season would be a failure. They even went as far to say that we were a better footballling side under Redknapp and asked the question why was he sacked !!! to which Hoddle said it was obviously not for footballing reasons !!! Hoddle went on to say that the signings of Sigardsson, Dempsey and Holtby have not helped as they are not of a good enough standard to improve our squad but he did go on to say that AVB should be given more time and was hopefull that if the Chairman backs him then hopefully we will improve !!
 :nods:

Here's the story.