Hearts

Europa League Qualifying - 25th Aug 2011 - KO 20:00 - Ground: White Hart Lane

« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 10:21:10 PM by Southend_Yid »

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Tottenham v Hearts
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 12:50:18 PM »
As it's the first home game of the season, I hope Redknapp will field a strong side as I can't see us deliberately losing 0:6.

Offline Pustis

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 02:27:22 PM »
Kane, Carroll and Townsend are in squad. :) I hope that Kane will play 90 minutes.

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 03:01:19 PM »
Should we start a poll for what game of the season (or what competition) we might get first sight of Soli Coulibaly (if at all this year)?
He's strained his left adductor muscle it says. Whats that then ? Do we all have those or just footballers ? I wonder how mine are ? *courtesy of taimedowne*

Offline Spurs218

• Hero: Zokora
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 08:33:50 PM »
I'm so nervous for this I might do a Spurs at Old Trafford and not turn up.
"Any player coming to Spurs whether he's a big signing or just a ground staff boy must be dedicated to the game and to the club. He must be prepared to work at his game. He must never be satisfied with his last performance, and he must hate losing."

RIP: Sir Bill Nicholson

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 07:40:08 AM »
Tottenham are set to rest several first-team players for the second leg of their Europa League play-off after hammering Hearts in Scotland last week.
Spurs will assess Luka Modric's fitness but will hand debuts to Tom Carroll and Harry Kane, and Andros Townsend will feature.
Jamie MacDonald will start in goal for Hearts and Ryan McGowan, Scott Robinson and Gordon Smith will also feature.
Rudi Skacel and Arvydas Novikovas return to the starting line-up.
"We have players who, like Rudi (Skacel), have not played much since the start of the season," said Sergio.
"They aren't playing a lot so it's an idea that I have in my head to play them. I think it would be profitable to give them some rhythm."
Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp also sees the benefits of using some of his fringe players, especially as he still has a long injury list.
Steven Pienaar (groin), Wilson Palacios (knee), Jermaine Jenas (Achilles), Ledley King (knee), Alan Hutton (knee), William Gallas (calf) and Sandro (knee) are all unavailable, while Modric (hamstring) and Tom Huddlestone (ankle) are doubts.
That means striker Kane, 18, midfielder Carroll, 19, and winger Townsend, 20, come into the picture and Redknapp said: "It's a great opportunity for them.
"It will be a great experience for them to play in a European game at White Hart Lane and it will give me the chance to have a look at them up against good opposition."
The winners will go into the draw for the Europa League group stage, which takes place on Friday at 1200 BST.
Provisional Tottenham squad: Gomes, Friedel, Cudicini, Bale, Kaboul, Bassong, Dawson, Corluka, Walker, Assou-Ekotto, Townsend, Huddlestone, Lennon, Van der Vaart, Kranjcar, Modric, Livermore, Pavlyuchenko, Defoe, Crouch, Kane, Carroll.
Provisional Hearts squad: Kello, Hamill, Grainger, Jonsson, Webster, Black, C Elliott, Driver, Templeton, Obua, Sutton, Stevenson, McGowan, Novikovas, Skacel, Smith, Zaliukas, Robinson, MacDonald, Novikovas, Mrowiec.

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2011, 07:46:17 PM »
Squad for tonight:
Cudicini; Corluka, Bassong, Dawson, Townsend; Fredericks, Huddlestone, Livermore, Carroll; Pavlyuchenko, Kane.
Substitutes: Friedel, Assou-Ekotto, Kaboul, Kranjcar, Nicholson, Defoe, Van der Vaart.

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
Re: Tottenham 0-0 Hearts
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2011, 10:21:51 PM »
A youthful Tottenham XI acquitted themselves well as they held Hearts to a draw to secure comfortable progress into the Europa League group stages.
Trailing 5-0 from the first leg, a much-changed Hearts side, playing for pride, struck the bar early on through Gordon Smith's turn-and-shot.
But Spurs, who fielded six academy graduates, edged the game overall.
Andros Townsend was their star turn, while Harry Kane missed the best chance from the spot after being felled.
It was a lively match for long periods despite the dead rubber nature of the game - and despite both sides taking the opportunity to field much-weakened XIs.
In the end, though, the night was more memorable from a Tottenham point of view for the signings of Emmanuel Adebayor and Iago Falque on season-long loan deals, both announced during play, and the absence of Luka Modric - who did not even feature on the bench as talk of a move to Chelsea continues to circle White Hart Lane.
Still, there was plenty to please both sets of supporters - even if the positives did come in the form of the youth on show.
Outshining their senior team-mates, the likes of Scott Robinson and Ryan McGowan were full of running for the visitors - and alongside Smith's shot that hit the bar, Daniel Grainger and Mehdi Taouil both had fine efforts from range that forced home keeper Carlo Cudicini into action.
For their part, and with the likes of Jake Livermore and Tom Carroll pulling the strings in midfield, Tottenham were typically crisp and confident in their passing.
But the hosts did not create too many chances, Kane forcing a smart save from the angle before earning a penalty when he was felled by McDonald, only for his firm effort to be kept out well by the Hearts keeper low to his right.
Roman Pavlyuchenko also brought a save out of McDonald with a long-range curler - but the tie had been won long before the match at White Hart Lane had even kicked off, and by the time the game had petered out in the final stages it showed.

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?