West Ham

Barclays Premier League - 19th Mar 2011 - KO 15:00 - Ground: White Hart Lane

« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 05:14:59 PM by Biggs »

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
Re: Tottenham v West Ham
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 10:10:16 AM »
Defoe-Pav to definately start today.... as Crouch will now be mothballed for the 5 CL games to come this season  :up:

Gallas okay and Bale--Lennon to start a game finally..... Sandra-Modric at CM (Jenas to cover CM, RB and RM from bench)....

win.

Offline dimexi

• I have a dream... a white hart dream
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 10:16:53 AM »
Nothing like a London derby to get the blood pumping. Don't think this will be an easy game, as I think WH will escape relegation as there is fight in our neighbours. But I think we will have too much for them 2-1 Spurs.  :) :up: :nods: :smug: :ohyeah: :)
Maybe next year...

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 10:23:41 AM »
Be glad to see Bale back in the starting 11, good news regarding Gallas' injury not being as bad a as feared. Kaboul, hudd nearing returns too - the future is bright!!!

Win win win today!!!
COYS!

Offline SomersetYiddo

• Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 11:21:40 AM »
MUST WIN! YID ARMY

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2011, 12:10:29 PM »
Vaart-Defoe and no Pav  :-\................ Vaart off by 60thmin  :up:

Offline dimexi

• I have a dream... a white hart dream
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2011, 12:27:30 PM »
I think VDV and Defoe could really work, VDV's trickery and if you give defoe the ball in the right places he will do damage, but we must give him the chance to get into the box. His work rate across the pitch has been v. good but he needs to keep up the level he showed against wolves. If the defence don't collapse like before we could smash them. Think I will change my prediction to 3-1 now.  :)

I think this is our strongest side at present,  so should be a good indicator of how good we are.

(although Kaboul could stake a claim, but if Gallas performs like he did against AC then he may have fight for his place.)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 12:34:14 PM by dimexi »
Maybe next year...

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2011, 01:43:20 PM »
Dimexi.... you have got to be kidding me  :o

Vaart-Defoe is simply our WORST COMBINATION POSSIBLE outta Vaart, Defoe, Pav & Crouch..... the guy mainly plays just in front of our back4 ffs, which leaves the little child Defoe isolated upfront against 2 strapping CBs..... far better Defoe-Pav/Crpouch, Crouch-Pav or Crouch-Vaart....

the possession stats are meaningless, as by the time the ball gets worked into the final 3rd WHU have 11 players behind the ball and we simply hit a brick wall.... we need to play a proper 2 upfront which will create the space in the final 3rd to attack more incisively... we have the pace out wide today to fully exploit that situation..

no subs by 70mins could... will.... mean less than 3pts today..

WHU have played the more EFFECTIVE football so far... will be disappointed to not be winning this..

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2011, 02:47:14 PM »
For f**ks sake. Can't believe Green saved that free kick. That's put me in an awful mood.
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2011, 02:47:55 PM »
How frustrating was it watching Defoe today? f**k
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2011, 02:51:15 PM »
Arry is the best manager in the world....... for giving the fans vaart they vaant...

(Oi Arry,  the flock are booing Ghaly, change ur mind and get cheered.... VEEEL DONE :up:)

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2011, 03:04:52 PM »
I'm not even going to waste my time discussing this with you. Any bad result is just an opportunity for you to blame Modric or VDV with the same boring, one-sided and extremely flawed logic.

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2011, 03:21:29 PM »
I think the only thing Harry might have done differently, for me, would have been to bring Kranjcar on for Lennon. (Remember him, Harry, the guy who scores goals?) Honestly, when I saw the lineups I was thrilled. Should have worked against West Ham - and in fact IT DID. It isn't the manager's fault that we hit the post twice, and missed it by inches on at least four other occassions, that Robert Green made a world-class save or two, and that JERMAIN DEFOE SQUANDERED FIVE CHANCES IN FRONT OF GOAL!

My issue with today's game is JD's "100 Goals" undershirt. You've scored TWO Premier League goals all year, playa! Would it have been sweet to hit the gamewinner for your 100th in the League and for Spurs against a former club? Abso-frikkin-lutely....but f**kin' DO IT! Personally, I don't want to see that shirt now when he does score number 100. Great, all praise me JD. You are awesome, buddy. Do we still have to listen to you cry about how you haven't been given a fair chance and how you considered going elsewhere? That decision might be out of your hands now!

Perhaps I'm overstating this because I'm clearly emotional over the result, but I have the feeling that our immediate future as a top club in world football just suffered a massive critical blow. 2 points from 9 against relegation teams -- meanwhile Chelsea and Man City are just begging us to seize third. Without a miracle, there will be no Champions League next season and even the Europa League is beginning to fall out of our grasp. The money we had the potential to earn, the players we might have attracted - OR KEPT, and the stadium we could build are all seriously in doubt. Today was a moment that could have altered the future of the club and it is gone, because Jermain "100 Goals" Defoe can't make a tap-in.
He's strained his left adductor muscle it says. Whats that then ? Do we all have those or just footballers ? I wonder how mine are ? *courtesy of taimedowne*

Offline bigv

• Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2011, 03:22:35 PM »
defoe was pityful today and at fault for us coming away with 1 point. You can accuse me of knee jerk comments but i dont care. His goals/game ratio over the last year is a joke. Problem is our alternatives are not much better. Could our failure to provide adequate strikers during the window really be costing us this many points?? Im afraid so. It must be very frustrating to the rest of the team who played rather well and tried everything. Defoe looked like he was playing with someone else f**king feet for 90 mins FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2011, 03:30:39 PM »
I just wanted to add that Defoe and VDV have been my favorite players and I own both their shirts which is why I'm taking this especially hard. Those two were just so uninspiring today and it's tearing me up that their ineffectiveness might have just cost us everything.

Modric was gold, by the way. He did everything but pick the ball up and set it at Jermain's feet 3 yards in front of goal while pointing and instructing him to "just kick it over there". I don't even know what Rafa was doing. He just lumbered around looking clammy and sweaty.

And another thing....Robbie Keane has got to be shaking his head. He might have been offsides four times but I guarantee you he would have found a way to stick one or two of those in the back of the net!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 03:37:51 PM by WilsonJet »
He's strained his left adductor muscle it says. Whats that then ? Do we all have those or just footballers ? I wonder how mine are ? *courtesy of taimedowne*