SpursNetwork

Man Utd 2-0 Tottenham

Re: Man Utd v Tottenham
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2010, 01:56:37 PM »
We are the Spurs, built up on optimism and never knowing  lol    As much as i like to see success after success the fans of bigger clubs expect results and must get boring.  Being a spurs fan i never get bored because there are so many turns and twists.  Do get frustreated  though   hahahahahaha

They win today or Utd steal with a lucky goal as per. still going for  2-1 the lilly whites

Offline scotspurs

• C.O.Y.S
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2010, 03:10:32 PM »
 Will you ALL stop being so bloody negative! :(
 If we all start believeing we can beat ManUre and send out positive thoughts and have a bit of faith then who knows. We are showing alot more character this season so I for one am predicting a SPURS WIN 3-2 with VDV scoring the winner. COME ON YOU MANC BATTERING SPURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2010, 06:02:50 PM »
f'in BS !!!!! That free kick was not even a foul let alone a yellow card. Kaboul captured the entire ball. Textbook tackle. Was there any doubt about the way this game would go?
He's strained his left adductor muscle it says. Whats that then ? Do we all have those or just footballers ? I wonder how mine are ? *courtesy of taimedowne*

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2010, 06:04:04 PM »
I think it was a foul. Kaboul REALLY needs to watch where he's giving those away.
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2010, 06:12:57 PM »
Just watched it again several times in slo-mo. All ball first. Just like Hutton's tackle against Nani just now. But, you are correct that Kaboul should know better than to make such an attempt against United in that position b/c we will never EVER get the benefit of the doubt in that position.

I can't stand Manchester United and the entitlement factor. They take such liberties with nearly every opposition free kick or dead ball situation. Stalling, kicking the ball away, re-positioning the ball, crowding the player taking the kick -- you name it. They are very well trained at time-wasting and foul lobbying.

@ScotSpurs - I'm with you. I don't get the pervasive negativity and the way fans cringe when a player says, "Why can't we beat these guys?". I even like the fact that Jenas genuinely thinks he's the best player on the team. On the Premier League review show he visited a primary school and an 11-12 year old kid asked, "Who's the best player at Spurs?". Jenas responded, "Me!" The boy looked skeptical and even glanced at his friend as if to say, "can you believe this guy?". Jermaine then said, "I'm serious!". You know what...more power to ya, JJ. Ur a nut - and I love it. I've got no problem with a player or manager being passionate about the club.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 06:28:26 PM by WilsonJet »
He's strained his left adductor muscle it says. Whats that then ? Do we all have those or just footballers ? I wonder how mine are ? *courtesy of taimedowne*

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2010, 06:54:54 PM »
What does Kranjcar have to do?
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2010, 06:58:17 PM »
I suppose Harry is saving JJ for the Inter game - lol. Modric given the armband once again and Palacios comes on. What craziness now, Keown? It couldn't be that Jenas just sucked...really, really sucked. Y'know he was only playing b/c Huddlestone is injured, right?

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2010, 07:06:24 PM »
Oh that's just what we needed. VDV injury...  :tickedoff:

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2010, 07:17:31 PM »
WHAT THE F**K WAS THAT!?

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2010, 07:18:42 PM »
Some of the dirtiest s**t I've ever seen. Tell me the officials are not in ManU's pocket. The officials were responsible for not directing play appropriately. Refer to my earlier post...

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2010, 07:26:50 PM »
what the f**k was that!

i actually still have no idea what happened for that second goal...

was a free kick actually given?

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2010, 07:32:38 PM »
I've never seen anything as strange as that. Nani had his hand on the ball it must have been a free kick. What the hell are these officials doing. Cant really say we were robbed of a chance to win as we weren't looking very likely to score by that point, but it does leave a sour taste in the mouth to see incompetence on that level.

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2010, 07:35:04 PM »
I'm guessing that after Nani went down in the box and Gomes collected the ball it was a "play on" situation. Due to the confusion and the fact that both teams ran to the center of the field for a goal kick it was obvious that every player on the field with the exception of Nani, who was still crying for a penalty, thought that was the ruling. I see Gomes motioning, "Ok? Free kick?" I guess the official did not respond so Nani just booted it in - after HANDLING the goddam ball!?!. If the linesman is even confused about what the hell is going on, that's poor. Total mismanagement by the head official. No way you can allow that to happen.

...but again - no opposing team will ever, ever get a fair shake at Old Trafford. Biggest homefield advantage in all of sports. What a joke.

Offline JohnLaceysDiscopants

• Hero: GLENN HODDLE
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2010, 08:00:42 PM »
An absolute farce yet again{ Mark tongue firmly up fergusons hole Clattenburg}proves how inept at being a ref he really is . under no circumstances would that goal be allowed had it been scored at the other end and dont forget this is another instance in a long litany of bulls**t decisions we get at old trafford . Same ref who couldnt see pedros goal from the half way line 6 years ago its no wonder we:ve never won there in the prem ever with the usual utd pens given that never are frees given that never are and as a matter of interest can anyone explain to me how scholes clearly manhandles ref about nani:s pen not given which is a straight red by the way and yet books modric for clearly pointing out that clattenburg is out of his depth .

« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2010, 08:16:38 PM »
that ref is a f**king joke