SpursNetwork

new user...advice please

new user...advice please
« on: April 19, 2007, 09:14:41 PM »
Hi all, I have recently joined spurs network. I am trying to get some advice/feedback re live football games...are you able to access games via this site, if so how do you do this? Also, can you chat live to other members on this site? Hopefully someone could give me feedback re this...many thanks, little_o(ps. ne spurs fans on this site from birmingham or the midlands area)...cheers all

Offline Storts

new user...advice please
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 09:20:57 PM »
You need 30 posts to view the live games section.

Then one you download the free and safe software you can watch all our games

Welcome

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
  • Season Ticket: No
new user...advice please
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 09:22:52 PM »
Yeah we can help you watch live football matches on your PC

but we have strict rules on this and we make sure that people do not join the site just for that

to access the live feed section you need 30 posts but any spamming just to access that is not tolerated

sorry i had to come down like that but i had to be clear

i hope u stick around and get involved with the community, rather than just after the lives feeds

:spoton:

new user...advice please
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 09:32:58 PM »
Yep others have cleared it up i think mate :)

But our little community is good, and i hope you stick around and join it :)

Welcome.

thanks to the replies...however...
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 10:26:45 PM »
hi all...thanks to those who responded to my initial enquiry...i know this might sound a daft question, but how do i reply to those who replied to me...(am i doing it now?)lol...sorry if it sounds a dumb question...

and yes, i intend to access the community on a regular basis... i have been looking for a good site for ages, and i read a couple of quotes about this site...once again along the lines of dumbass questions, lol, is a thread the same as putting an article/discussion/topic on the board for others to see/access?     thankls for your time and patience(lol)

Offline Daniisco

• http://spursnetwork.com
new user...advice please
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2007, 10:30:39 PM »
Yes a thread is a topic you start for others to reply and discuss.

new user...advice please
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2007, 10:31:37 PM »
Quote from: little_o;4393
hi all...thanks to those who responded to my initial enquiry...i know this might sound a daft question, but how do i reply to those who replied to me...(am i doing it now?)lol...sorry if it sounds a dumb question...

and yes, i intend to access the community on a regular basis... i have been looking for a good site for ages, and i read a couple of quotes about this site...once again along the lines of dumbass questions, lol, is a thread the same as putting an article/discussion/topic on the board for others to see/access?     thankls for your time and patience(lol)

lol np mate.

If you mean replying to a certain post then im doing it now by quoting you. Replying to a thread then yeah you did it then.

A thread is the same as a topic :)

new user...advice please
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2007, 08:02:37 PM »
Once again thanks to all those who posted to my recent threads(think that is the right term, lol) re enquires about the site....by the way, is this the way to put a topic on the site for a discussion.

A little bit about myself: I have been a (confirmed) spurs fan since around the age of 10...the reason I say confirmed is this. My first live football match was spurs vs b'ham city circa late 70's...I was in the away section, my dad took me to the game...I don't recall seeing much of the game,lol, just seem to recollect a lot of drunken spurs fans(don't forget I was young) sitting down (by the way there were no sits just terracing) playing cards and singing "jingle bells, jingle bells...oh what fun it is to see Tottenham win away"..I guess we won the game lol...

I wish I could say that that was the day I became hooked...however that was not the case. However the seed was planted and it was only a matter of time before the Tottenham flower would truly bloom. For the next couple of seasons my uncle would take me to b'ham games (if you haven't guessed I was and still do live in Birmingham)...got some fun memories, but like I said the spurs seed had been planted. I think around about the time I was aged 10 that it became official with all my mates that I was a SPURS fan ( never looked back since)... there have been some highs and lows along the way...regret no going to the second leg of the ueffa cup in 84, me and a mate had planned to skip off school and travel down to the game, however the TV had to do...Remember standing behind the goal in the 87 cup final when spurs conceded an own goal ( how the hell did we loose that final, the season we were having...the things that dreams are made of, Allen only had to sneeze and he scored that season...someone must of gave him paracetamol for the game, lol...A BIG THANKYOU as well to a true spurs fan called Andrew, also from B'ham, who sold me his ticket on the day of the game( for the face value,£6 I think...couldn't go due to work commitments).

Sorry guys I realise I’m waffling a bit here, but I would be interested to hear from others re their experiences/memories about spurs...to finish on a high point one of the best games I went to was against sheff wed when klinseman made his debut...I was convinced that we were gonna win the league that year after our first 2 games...however ossie's defence frailties were soon sussed...lol..

Hope to hear of some of you...all the best little_o