AVB is losing the plot...

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
  • Season Ticket: No
AVB is losing the plot...
« on: January 13, 2012, 02:00:03 PM »
What is this plonker on, according to him Spurs are still a long way off overhauling Chelski even though we are eight points in front of them with a young exciting squad and a manager who actually knows how to motivate a team.
He obviously doesn't know his footballing history because before Abramovich bought Chelski and the title they were a mediocre mid table team that had spent much of the previous 30 years in the second division. Also in the last 3 seasons Spurs have started to get the upper hand on Chelski both home and away so it's not something that's just happened.

C'mon AVB credit were credits due.

http://www.london24.com/sport/chelsea/andre_villas_boas_tottenham_have_not_overhauled_chelsea_1_1175716

::)
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline pieboy

Re: AVB is losing the plot...
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 03:00:26 PM »
Just read the artical, and TBH i can't really fault his comments on this one , sorry mate.

He does say "They have overtaken Chelsea in the Premier League this season,"

And lets not get carried away just yet, the season hasn't even finished, So we actually haven't achived anything yet. Also we must do it conststanly season after season. Yes, Chelsea are where they are mainly due to the financial backing of Roman Abramovich, but still you can't take away the fact that in recent years they are constantly challenging for the EPL and CL season after season.

And till we do this consitantly then AV has a point. Hopefully the tide is now turning though.