SpursNetwork

Departures/Rumours thread

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Departures/Rumours thread
« Reply #180 on: January 22, 2014, 08:19:47 AM »
It seems that Lamela really wants to return to Serie A. Well, the lad hasn't adapted, he doesn't speak the language and is clearly unhappy... I'd say the club should find a way to send him back to Italy and recoup at least some of the transfer fee as no-one would pay us £30 m for him. Also, they should put Baldini on the same plane...

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #181 on: January 22, 2014, 05:38:56 PM »
But he won't go unless Levy gets the money for him; i.e. makes a profit. No matter what Lamela wants.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #182 on: January 22, 2014, 08:51:05 PM »
It seems that Lamela really wants to return to Serie A. Well, the lad hasn't adapted, he doesn't speak the language and is clearly unhappy... I'd say the club should find a way to send him back to Italy and recoup at least some of the transfer fee as no-one would pay us £30 m for him. Also, they should put Baldini on the same plane...

I still think it would be a mistake, he hasnt had a fair crack at the EPL or settling into the team. Cant see him being sold no way would Levy make a loss this early he would be a laughing stock.

As for Baldini a subject for another thread!
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #183 on: January 23, 2014, 04:51:47 PM »

I still think it would be a mistake, he hasnt had a fair crack at the EPL or settling into the team. Cant see him being sold no way would Levy make a loss this early he would be a laughing stock.

As for Baldini a subject for another thread!

I agree so let us hope he stays. But as I said; he won't go unless we get our money back.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 04:09:10 PM by Voice »
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #184 on: January 24, 2014, 07:18:40 AM »
         So there you have it!!!!! :nods: :nods: :nods:
:SN:[font

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #185 on: January 24, 2014, 07:46:20 AM »
Seeing as Gareth Bale was the only truely influential player that we have sold in last 12 months, frankly I am more concerned over who we bring in, rather than who else we sell. I don't see anybody, except for Lloris, Sandro, Verthonghen, Paulinho and Adebayor in our current squad who we could not do without at the moment.
It just shows the value of anticipated CL football that Man U can get a player of Mata's capability while we clearly cannot.

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #186 on: January 27, 2014, 08:57:28 AM »
Apparently Heurelho Gomes is moving back to PSV Eindhoven. All the best to him. Yes, he did make mistakes, but all keepers do. The way Spurs have treated him for the past two years, is despicable.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #187 on: January 27, 2014, 12:04:07 PM »
Apparently Heurelho Gomes is moving back to PSV Eindhoven. All the best to him. Yes, he did make mistakes, but all keepers do. The way Spurs have treated him for the past two years, is despicable.

Apparently Gomes has denied that he will be leaving for PSV for the moment. I wonder if his lack of appearances had anything to do with AVB and perhaps we will see him again with Sherwood in charge before the end of the season. Who knows!

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #188 on: January 27, 2014, 01:01:26 PM »

Apparently Gomes has denied that he will be leaving for PSV for the moment. I wonder if his lack of appearances had anything to do with AVB and perhaps we will see him again with Sherwood in charge before the end of the season. Who knows!
Yeah, I just found out as well. Anyway, they should let him leave as he has plenty to offer, but I cannot see him dislodging Lloris (who has hinted he could be forced to leave in Summer unless we qualify for CL).

Offline RSS61

« Reply #189 on: January 27, 2014, 01:19:58 PM »

Yeah, I just found out as well. Anyway, they should let him leave as he has plenty to offer, but I cannot see him dislodging Lloris (who has hinted he could be forced to leave in Summer unless we qualify for CL).

Even more reason we must strengthen NOW

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #190 on: January 27, 2014, 03:24:39 PM »
Lloris has not hinted that he would leave if we didn't qualify for the CL, just that he "would look at the situation" in the summer. There is a difference.

I was not suggesting that Gomes would take League games away from Lloris. We have games to play in the Europa and maybe Sherwood will give Gomes a game or 2.

Money wise, we need to get rid of 1 or 2 players if we are to strenghten. So far I haven't read anything concrete to suggest that there is anyone coming and there are only 5 days left. Unless Baldini is actually doing some biz in Italy as suggested in the media lately.

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #191 on: January 27, 2014, 07:00:12 PM »
Lloris has not hinted that he would leave if we didn't qualify for the CL, just that he "would look at the situation" in the summer. There is a difference.

I was not suggesting that Gomes would take League games away from Lloris. We have games to play in the Europa and maybe Sherwood will give Gomes a game or 2.

Money wise, we need to get rid of 1 or 2 players if we are to strenghten. So far I haven't read anything concrete to suggest that there is anyone coming and there are only 5 days left. Unless Baldini is actually doing some biz in Italy as suggested in the media lately.

You are right, but you'd have to admit when one our best players comes out and says "he'd look at the situation", it's not very encouraging news.

On more likely departures, though... I think the only area which could "shed a few pounds", is our midfield, but I'm not sure who I'd like to see leave.

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
« Reply #192 on: January 27, 2014, 08:28:59 PM »

You are right, but you'd have to admit when one our best players comes out and says "he'd look at the situation", it's not very encouraging news.

On more likely departures, though... I think the only area which could "shed a few pounds", is our midfield, but I'm not sure who I'd like to see leave.

We could be looking at another Berbatov or Bale, top 4 is becoming harder and harder to achieve now, keeping our best players is not going to be easy!.
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #193 on: January 28, 2014, 10:43:17 AM »
So, some reports say Etienne Capoue and Lewis Holtby could be heading to Napoli and Borussia Dortmund respectively. Well, I wouldn't mind losing Capoue as I'm not sure why he was signed in a first place, but letting Holtby leave would be a big mistake. He's very young, his work-rate is exceptional, he's the captain of Germany's U21 national team... I think we're looking at a future Ballack or Özil here and it would be a grave mistake to let him go.

Offline RSS61

« Reply #194 on: January 28, 2014, 10:55:06 AM »
So, some reports say Etienne Capoue and Lewis Holtby could be heading to Napoli and Borussia Dortmund respectively. Well, I wouldn't mind losing Capoue as I'm not sure why he was signed in a first place, but letting Holtby leave would be a big mistake. He's very young, his work-rate is exceptional, he's the captain of Germany's U21 national team... I think we're looking at a future Ballack or Özil here and it would be a grave mistake to let him go.

Maybe Riff....Holtby's a little bit too Vinny Sideways for me. Maybe a bar in Puerto Banus awaits  :D