SpursNetwork

Is this bye bye to JJ?

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
  • Season Ticket: No
Is this bye bye to JJ?
« on: May 20, 2007, 06:46:47 PM »
Having been on various Spurs related sites and forums today and I have seen reports and posts about Jermaine Jenas possibly moving to Everton in the summer?
These reports are suggesting Everton are willing to stump up 10million for Jenas. To go along with this I heard spurs put a 15million price tag on JJ!

Interesting....

Jenas seems to be one of the those players that you either love or hate. He definitely has the potential to be very very good, unfortunately for Jermaine and us he never seems to consistently show it. We do see glimpses of his ability and skill but not as often as we should!
For example his goals against Everton (funnily enough) and Ars*nal were both executed to absolute perfection. As were his free kicks against Man Utd and Middlesbrough last season! Unfortunately we are more used to seeing him blasting the ball high in to the crowd, or scuffing his pass and conceding possession.
Plaudits of Jenas say he is a box to box player, and I for one agree. But for him to take the next step in is development he needs to stop drifting in and out of the games. Even in the smaller, less important games if you will, Jenas disappears for spells. I feel every time he puts on the lilywhite shirt he needs to get a foot on the ball and really start controlling the play for us. I believe HE is capable of doing this, I just hope it starts happening soon

Firstly:
Would Everton really be able to afford 10-15 million?

Secondly:
Would Jol sell a seemingly invaluable member of his first 11? (according to Jol, about Jenas) Not only that he's English and we all know Spurs try and buy the cream of the English crop. So selling Jenas would surly go against everything Jol and the bored have been doing in the last 2-3 years.

The JJ effect:
During this last season when Jenas was injured, we seemed to struggle doing anything constructive when going forward. Goals were hard to find, the team didn’t seem to be gelling correctly, Berbatov was struggling to adapt to away games etc. Was it because of Jenas?? Who knows, all we know is when he became back after injury his ankle problem we almost instantly started clicking. strange??
Maybe it was the JJ effect!!!

Thirdly:
Would you sell Jenas for 10-15million??

If this is true then, Everton are been taken for a ride, Jenas is good but defiantly not worth 10million never mind 15. I would say around 6-8 million for him. He is an England international but never gets a start ahead of Gerrard and Lampard. With the potential he has he needs to start showing more of it on a regular basis for us if he is to brake into England’s starting 11.

So come on JJ show us what you got

[/B]
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 08:20:51 PM by dedleysting »
COYS!

Is this bye bye to JJ?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 02:45:53 PM »
I am not a big fan of Jenas.

On Everton wanting JJ £10-15M
Everton can't afford it.

I think Jol likes Jenas to be in the team ahead of our other midfielders like Steed Malbranque. But my thinking is that selling him to another club is a must but we need to have a replacement first and Sneidjer would be the ideal replacement.

On the injury side

When he was injured we did struggle without him in our team I wouldn't say that goals were hard to find I can look at game it was an FA Cup game at home to Cardiff he wasn't there in the team and we won 4-0. But in the latter stages of 2007 when he returned from injury he started scoring a few goals and we started winning games.

Finally on selling him for £10-15M

I would say it is a fair price if we did sell him for that much but he aint worth £10 to £15M he does not fit into that price bracket.

If it comes to be true I say the same they (Everton) have been taken for a ride. He is a good player when he is on form. But the real price if we did sell him to them £6-7M is not a bad price we bought him for £8M so if we sell him for £6M or 7M we have done good business. An England international but never gets in the team not ahead of Gerrard or Lampard. He has got good potential and he needs to show that when he plays in our team in order to gain a place in the England team which I think is very unlikely.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 10:18:03 PM by Dj Frisky »

Offline Becks

Is this bye bye to JJ?
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 02:47:40 PM »
Everton can't afford £10m.
Jol won't sell,  unless we have an instant replacement ready.
He is also one of 'Jols favourites'
We shouldn't sell as he is the only one who can score regulary from midfield.
''It's Ricky Villa, It's still Ricky Villa''

Is this bye bye to JJ?
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 03:11:56 PM »
i love the guy but i'd snap ya hand off for 15m...damn...

Is this bye bye to JJ?
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2007, 04:02:49 PM »
Quote from: spurs_craig;9569
i love the guy but i'd snap ya hand off for 15m...damn...

I'd snap JJ for 10m at the moment l had such an offer, if I was in MJ's shoes ... JJ's skills at present are far from something special. JJ only seems to burst out once every two or three games ... which by the way is too rarily to occur than it should be.

I also think he has too high evaluation for himself, which is seriously undermining his development. He is fast, he seems to try to get back to help defense, but I haven't seen ONE quality/decisive tackle that he's made. He just seems to roam between the boxes, rarely getting in a good position to receive the ball as well. Therefore he hasn't made more than 2-3 assists the whole season.

His runs forward ? Well, Zokora is doing that far more often and far better.

He has some nice long shots at times.

But the latter is surely not enough for me !! Getting a 10m for him will be a present from the heavens, and we surely do not want to upset whover God we pray on by rejecting that type of offer !

Sell him, and bring on Sneider or some other quality guy ...
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 04:04:34 PM by lyubokick »
----------------

Berba's girl

Is this bye bye to JJ?
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2007, 05:12:27 PM »
For between £10-£15m I'd sell him in an instant but can't see MJ agreeing to it. JJ does seem to be a bit of a 'teacher's pet' in central midfield despite being inconsistent. Spurs can definitely do better than him though.

Offline SpursLad

• Peng.
Is this bye bye to JJ?
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2007, 12:14:03 PM »
Sell him for £10-15 million, as long as we have a quality CM lined up, e.g VDV or Sneidjer. If not keep him as he will be a squad player. I do like JJ but for that money and if we get someone else in then he should go.