SpursNetwork

Defoe Replacement.

Defoe Replacement.
« on: May 12, 2007, 07:51:46 PM »
Bent in to replace Defoe

It sounds like Defoe is finally leaving after rumor after rumor during the time he has been a Spurs player. Quality people on FTL say that JD now just wants to play every week and he will never be given that at Spurs with Keane and Berbatov clearly the first choice strike partnership. Defoe claims he loves the club and does not have a bad word to say about Spurs but needs to play more often then he can now. it will be interesting to see who comes in for him and unless it is one of Chelsea, Liverpool or Manchester United would a move elsewhere be actually the right move for Jermaine?

Bent is now almost certainly a Spurs player unless he fails a medical. Scoring 12 goals this season for a dreadful Charlton side is good going. He has pace and can strike a ball very well and it will be interesting to see how he does at Spurs.

Defoe Replacement.
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2007, 08:10:35 PM »
Quote from: Dj Frisky;8277
Bent in to replace Defoe

It sounds like Defoe is finally leaving after rumor after rumor during the time he has been a Spurs player. Quality people on FTL say that JD now just wants to play every week and he will never be given that at Spurs with Keane and Berbatov clearly the first choice strike partnership. Defoe claims he loves the club and does not have a bad word to say about Spurs but needs to play more often then he can now. it will be interesting to see who comes in for him and unless it is one of Chelsea, Liverpool or Manchester United would a move elsewhere be actually the right move for Jermaine?

Bent is now almost certainly a Spurs player unless he fails a medical. Scoring 12 goals this season for a dreadful Charlton side is good going. He has pace and can strike a ball very well and it will be interesting to see how he does at Spurs.
Since when?

Thats not true.

Good thinking on him being a winger though, but i think for some reason it just  wouldn't work.

EDIT: Wtf? Sorry im confusing threads, ignore what i said about the winger stuff.

Offline THWH90

• In With The ITKs
    • http://www.spursnetwork.com
Defoe Replacement.
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2007, 09:05:24 PM »
Mate Defoe seems perfectly happy @ the mo, he's not gonna leave.

He's a gr8 player 2 have around coz he is VERY important 2 our squad, as he gives us an extra 15 goals + each season...
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 09:06:09 PM by THWH90 »
Get Moussa Sissoko In Spurs!!!!

And come on City, break that bloomin' top 4!

Offline pukekohespur

• Hero: Greaves
Defoe Replacement.
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2007, 09:11:33 PM »
My pick to replace Defoe is Defoe
 After Defoe scored against Blackburn Berbs gestured to the fans to do what? lift the team or get behind Defoe and encourage him? I would like to think it was the later, so lets get behind hm.
"Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is." Danny Blanchflower

Defoe Replacement.
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2007, 09:17:54 PM »
I dont think Defoe will be going anywhere next season. He is a good player and we need to keep him.
COYS...

Offline Daniisco

• http://spursnetwork.com
Defoe Replacement.
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2007, 09:19:46 PM »
:lol:

Defoe or Bent hmmm

Defoe all day long, he's a Yiddo and seems perfectly happy. If we do get Bent he won't be Defoe's replacement he'll more than likely be Mido's.

Offline Becks

Defoe Replacement.
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2007, 09:26:57 PM »
Quote from: Daniisco;8315
:lol:

Defoe or Bent hmmm

Defoe all day long, he's a Yiddo and seems perfectly happy. If we do get Bent he won't be Defoe's replacement he'll more than likely be Mido's.

No he's not, he's a gooner ;)

As for Bent, Can't see him coming to us to sit behind Keane and Berbatov. And Charlton want £18mill and there is no chance we'll pay that for him.
''It's Ricky Villa, It's still Ricky Villa''

Offline Daniisco

• http://spursnetwork.com
Defoe Replacement.
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2007, 09:30:18 PM »
Quote from: Becks;8317
No he's not, he's a gooner ;)

As for Bent, Can't see him coming to us to sit behind Keane and Berbatov. And Charlton want £18mill and there is no chance we'll pay that for him.

:lol: yeah I know he isnt actually a spurs fan, im just saying he's our player and he loves it here.

Defoe Replacement.
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2007, 09:37:03 PM »
18 mil for bent we ain't gonna pay that much for him, We should keep hold of Defoe as he is better than him.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 10:05:02 PM by Dj Frisky »

Defoe Replacement.
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2007, 12:57:16 PM »
Defoe seems happy enough to me and is still knocking in the goals. I don't want him to go and although Bent would be a good replacement 18mil seems a bit pricey and we'll never cough that up.

Defoe Replacement.
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2007, 01:01:10 PM »
I wouldn't mind D.Bent. English players though are so over priced. Charlton wanted 20m last summer, he is more like 10m. Marlon King is good.

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
  • Season Ticket: No
Defoe Replacement.
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2007, 01:02:12 PM »
Bent....

No thanks!!

Keep my Defoe :nerner:
COYS!

Defoe Replacement.
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2007, 01:25:09 PM »
Is bent a done deal? Rekon we should keep JD as well!

Defoe Replacement.
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2007, 01:33:50 PM »
jd all the way

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
Defoe Replacement.
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2007, 02:09:52 PM »
£18 Million for Bent. They must be joking. How did they arrive at that figure.He's not even an established international If he really was worth that sort of money then on his performances alone Charlton would still be in the Premiership. I dont think he's worth a penny more than £8 million and i doubt Mr Jol does either.