SpursNetwork

Wellbeck to the Arse---

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Wellbeck to the Arse---
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2014, 01:30:28 PM »
We missed out on a good player for a reasonable price. But would he have come to us even if we offered the same money as Ars*nal? I doubt it.

I think he might have if we could have offered him European football, that is championship football.

Maybe, but what he didn't want was to go to a club on loan, and that is all Tottenham would have offered him (if you believe the papers).

Unfortunately we shot our bolt with Soldado. When the likes of Chelsea and City make these errors of judgement, which they do, they just move on and spend another 100 million. We do not have such a luxury, and will have to wait until we can recoup some of what we wasted on Soldado etc, if that day ever arrives.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2014, 04:21:14 PM »
We missed out on a good player for a reasonable price. But would he have come to us even if we offered the same money as Ars*nal? I doubt it.

I think he might have if we could have offered him European football, that is championship football.

Maybe, but what he didn't want was to go to a club on loan, and that is all Tottenham would have offered him (if you believe the papers).

Unfortunately we shot our bolt with Soldado. When the likes of Chelsea and City make these errors of judgement, which they do, they just move on and spend another 100 million. We do not have such a luxury, and will have to wait until we can recoup some of what we wasted on Soldado etc, if that day ever arrives.

I am still not prepared to give up on Soldado yet. Hopefully he will be back soon.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2014, 08:11:08 AM »

I am still not prepared to give up on Soldado yet. Hopefully he will be back soon.

We all live in hope !

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2014, 12:42:20 PM »

We all live in hope !

At the moment that is the best we can hope for.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.