SpursNetwork

Wellbeck to the Arse---

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
  • Season Ticket: No
Wellbeck to the Arse---
« on: September 02, 2014, 09:24:03 AM »
       Well once again the Arse have got one up on us by signing Danny Wellbeck from under our noses, probably 'cos Levy was trying to get him on the cheap, when will he bloody learn, he maybe a good negotiator but I wonder how many other players we have missed out on because of him being such a tight arse, we will never know. What I do know is Wellbeck was just the sort of player we needed!!! :( :( :( :(
:SN:[font

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
Re: Wellbeck to the Arse---
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 09:29:11 AM »
       Well once again the Arse have got one up on us by signing Danny Wellbeck from under our noses, probably 'cos Levy was trying to get him on the cheap, when will he bloody learn, he maybe a good negotiator but I wonder how many other players we have missed out on because of him being such a tight arse, we will never know. What I do know is Wellbeck was just the sort of player we needed!!! :( :( :( :(

I just spoke to an Ars*nal season ticket holder who knows his stuff, his only words were " what are we doing buying Welbeck" Opinions vary !!

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 01:40:50 PM »
Glad we didn't pay £16 million, not worth that price.

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 04:28:05 PM »

I bet if we did sign him then the opposite few would have been taken. Criticism only comes to those that don't sign for our beloved club. Anyway; we didn't need another striker.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 10:40:04 PM »
If we need a striker, it certainly wouldn't be him. The thing is, i am sure he will do well with the Arse!

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2014, 11:55:08 AM »

I bet if we did sign him then the opposite few would have been taken. Criticism only comes to those that don't sign for our beloved club. Anyway; we didn't need another striker.

Voice, Obviously you have changed your mind, I am sure you posted that we needed another striker, but then I could be wrong. ??? ???
:SN:[font

Offline dimexi

• I have a dream... a white hart dream
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2014, 01:30:48 PM »

Voice, Obviously you have changed your mind, I am sure you posted that we needed another striker, but then I could be wrong. ??? ???

I’m sorry but I will have to jump in here. Are you seriously telling me that Voice has contradicted himself? Never! Wouldn’t happen.

The next thing you will be saying is that he repeats himself a lot…

Oh wait a minute did you mean when he said this?

What we want to hear is that we've signed a striker and probably an attacking midfield.

Or was it here?

Glad to see we are strengthening our back four. Another striker and we should be there. :up:

Maybe it was here?

We also need another striker and probably a creative midfielder. Don’t forget that Ade will be off when January comes to play in the African cup. If things stay as they are we will only have two strikers and if we get injuries we are in trouble. I must say I was impressed with Liverpool; more so than last year.

No? Then it definitely must be here.

A good result for Spurs. That is three in a row. But the bigger test will be on Sunday against Liverpool. But I was impressed in the way that Spurs had performed. I still say we need another striker though, which I hope is on the cards.

;) ;) ;) ;) :grin: :dance: :ohyeah: :lol: :hide: :hide:
Maybe next year...

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2014, 01:42:30 PM »
I'm getting head-ache from this. Voice, do we need a striker or not? I'm confused.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2014, 05:54:28 PM »

You are totally right; it should have been we needed another striker. It was a typing error.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2014, 05:56:11 PM »
I'm getting head-ache from this. Voice, do we need a striker or not? I'm confused.

The only confusion was that I made a typing mistake. We do need another striker. I even wrote an article to say we need another striker. So sorry for the mistake. It only goes to show you that I am human after all. :up:
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline dimexi

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2014, 08:24:31 AM »
See, I knew it wouldn't be a contradiction. I sincerely believe you too. You have been saying for a while that was an area we needed to strengthen, hence my bit of fun. All in good jest I promise.   8)
Maybe next year...

Offline scotspurs

• C.O.Y.S
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2014, 09:15:20 AM »
Sorry Paul but I would have to disagree. Danny Welbeck is a good team player but he is not the out and out goalscorer that we are crying out for. So happy that the Arse paid over the top for him too!

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2014, 09:30:59 AM »
Sorry Paul but I would have to disagree. Danny Welbeck is a good team player but he is not the out and out goalscorer that we are crying out for. So happy that the Arse paid over the top for him too!

The reason why Welbeck didn't score that much in ManU was that he was mostly played out of position. To be honest I've always rated his work-rate and believe he could have been suitable for us and will probably do well for Ars*nal.

Offline dimexi

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2014, 01:25:50 PM »
I think he would be a quality purchase for that price. Is he more than a third of the quality of Torres or Di Maria? Or more than half as good as Andy Carrol or Juan Mata? In today's inflated prices 16m doesn't seem that much. I mean we paid 13m for Pav  6 years ago and he is far better than him. IMHO

I think Sherwood said on Talksport that we are a top striker away from the top 4. I would totally agree with him.
Maybe next year...

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2014, 02:26:12 PM »
I think Sherwood said on Talksport that we are a top striker away from the top 4. I would totally agree with him.
Does anybody know if Lamela played as ST for Roma? I seem to recall he did. So, in case Soldado doesn't come good, Adebayor falls out of form and Kane proves still too inexperienced for our level, we would someone capable of playing up front.