SpursNetwork

1000th topic in this section - Can we keep this thread positive? No doombringers

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
     I want to see us succeed,believe me, nothing would give me more pleasure, I am in the latter years of my life and I WANT TO SEE MY SPURS achieve success again. When we did the Double I saw every game Home and Away,and by that I mean I attended every game, and believe me that is something I am extremely proud of, cos there are not too many supporters who can say that.
 :ohyeah: :ohyeah: :ohyeah:

Reading this post I see your problem. You don’t live in this country so you don’t watch them live. You are an old codger (nothing wrong with that), however, you are an old codger that lives in the past. You talk about the great “Double Team” and of course we mustn’t forget the famous push and run that won the championship under Rowe in 1951. But that was a different era. They were more attacking sides that played beautiful football. We now live in a time that football is dominated by money, results and commercial pressures. Since that great double side what have we won since? Certainly no League championship. Yes a few FA Cup’s, two minor European trophies (compared to the main European Champions Championship) and, oh, yes… we’ve won a few league cups as well. All nice but we want to win the league or European Champions championship. Can AVB do that? Only time will tell and probably some patience on behalf of the fans. But we what we can’t do is live in the past. United isn’t doing that, nor are Ars*nal or City. But we keep harking back to the “great old days”. Forget about the past and how we played and let us concentrate on a new era that is driven by money and results. Not beautiful football and past memories (unless you want that over glory, and titles).

I believe Spurs have the structure to be one of the top 4 teams in the country. No manager can come in and expect miracles straight away. City with all their resources had to wait and so did United. I am quite happy to boo AVB along with everybody else, but not until he has been given a decent amount of time to fail. Unitil then I will back AVB and the board.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline baldbloke

Just thought of some genuinely great news.

Because the moron is totally incapable of getting us anywhere near the top of the prem, it means we won't have to enter that stupid micky mouse europa cup next year.  Thank fook for that !!

Its still a European competition, I am certain that if we didn't have any European football we would struggle to keep our remaining key players let alone attract and convince those we want to come here.  At least earning a slot in the Europa League via the league implies that players can make progress by joining us and get us into the top 4 and CL.  This doesnt mean I like the Europa comp or its effects on the squad.

If we finish outside a Europa slot that will set us back years and years!

2 points
point 1. I have money deducted from my bank account for every home game in the Europa cup, do you ?

point 2. do you REALLY think that top players are attracted by the Europa cup ??
AVB OUT, AND TAKE LEVY WITH YOU

Offline Glenn R

Because the moron is totally incapable of getting us anywhere near the top of the prem, it means we won't have to enter that stupid micky mouse europa cup next year.  Thank fook for that !!

Its still a European competition, I am certain that if we didn't have any European football we would struggle to keep our remaining key players let alone attract and convince those we want to come here.  At least earning a slot in the Europa League via the league implies that players can make progress by joining us and get us into the top 4 and CL.  This doesnt mean I like the Europa comp or its effects on the squad.

2 points
point 1. I have money deducted from my bank account for every home game in the Europa cup, do you ?

point 2. do you REALLY think that top players are attracted by the Europa cup ??

I know you wasn't talking to me but I would like to add; I go to all the home games no matter how they play or what competition it is.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline baldbloke

[/quote]

[/quote]

2 points

[/quote]

I know you wasn't talking to me but I would like to add; I go to all the home games no matter how they play or what competition it is.
[/quote]

In which case I can't understand your optimism. The end I sit at (south) the football is s**te, so I can only think that your one of those people that sit near the touch line and have a Labrador

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
  • Season Ticket: No

2 points

In response to points:

point 1 - plain and simple that's your choice, how many years have you been a season ticket holder? I am sure you have seen a lot worse than now! also you have control over your bank account do you not or is it in the hands of your carer/terrier?

Point 2: Top players as you call them will very rarely come to us due to 2 reasons, transfer fee and wage structure.  Players who are developing, have talent but a bit raw and/or have something to prove will, but only if they have a chance at some type of glory and career progression, coming to a team that has a slot in a Euro comp will appeal to these players more so than a team that is mid table! 

THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Glenn R

2 points

In response to points:

point 1 - plain and simple that's your choice, how many years have you been a season ticket holder? I am sure you have seen a lot worse than now! also you have control over your bank account do you not or is it in the hands of your carer/terrier?

Point 2: Top players as you call them will very rarely come to us due to 2 reasons, transfer fee and wage structure.  Players who are developing, have talent but a bit raw and/or have something to prove will, but only if they have a chance at some type of glory and career progression, coming to a team that has a slot in a Euro comp will appeal to these players more so than a team that is mid table!

To be fair to baldbloke shouldn't you be addressing his carer(s) rather than him? He pays them for a reason; i.e. as shields. Another point; when Ars*nal supporters view this forum he does give then something to cheer about. His carers should be made aware that he claims to but one of us but acts the Arse. They should sort that out for him... In other words made aware of reality of the situation.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline baldbloke

[/quote]

2 points

[/quote]

In response to points:

[/quote]

To be fair to baldbloke shouldn't you be addressing his carer(s) rather than him? He pays them for a reason; i.e. as shields. Another point; when Ars*nal supporters view this forum he does give then something to cheer about. His carers should be made aware that he claims to but one of us but acts the Arse. They should sort that out for him... In other words made aware of reality of the situation.
[/quote]

And you really think Ars*nal supporters read this forum ?

Offline Glenn R

And you really think Ars*nal supporters read this forum ?

Originally I would have thought no, however, with so many Spurs antagonists on here and doom mongers who would rather mock their club and hope their manager fails I imagine if they are feeling depressed after watching their team so they come on here for a good laugh and probably realise they've got plenty to smile about.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
Voice,
 Thank you for the Spurs history lesson I'm sure you had to go to your Programme Collection to get your information because you would have still been in your old man's ball bag in 1951.

Once again you show your limited intelligence by resorting to your normal adolescent insults, I would hazard a guess that nobody, either in your workplace or at home bothers to listen to you, so you have to use this site in order to be heard which results in us having to read your diatribe.
  Firstly, my age does not matter and neither should it, but what it should entitle me to is a little respect, something that obviously your parents didn't teach you.
  Secondly, I watch every Spurs League game home and away live, how you might ask, because I have satellite TV, which I pay for, (I live in Australia not at the South Pole) no matter what time it is played, so I probably watch more LIVE Spurs games than you, who more than likely has to watch a highlights package.
 Thirdly, I do not live in the past, they are great memories that I will treasure for the rest of my life, and I am perfectly aware of the anomolies of the modern game, I can also see, unlike you, that at the moment we are no closer to either winning the PL or the CL under the guidance of AVB than we were 20 yrs ago.
Finally, I am sick and tired, as I am sure are many other readers and contributors to this site, of being lectured by someone, who purports to know so much about Spurs, but in actual fact knows very little, and who has only been a member of this site for almost a month, unlike some of us who have been members from almost its inception. I have seen many members like yourself come and go, eventually good reliable members see through your type and cease to be impressed by your dialogue, hopefully it will be sooner rather than later.

:nods: :nods: :nods:
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 12:39:26 AM by Paul Finch »
:SN:[font

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
Nice to see you all get along.

Offline Metalanimal

On a positive note, most didnt expect us to get any points for Man City or Le Arse so no big surprise.

I think taking teh lead on both games and some flashes of play the THFC way gives us more hope.  I like a few others reckon 14 points can be gained from the next 6 games in the lead up to xmas.  We are not far of the top 4 pints wise.e

Offline baldbloke

I think taking teh lead on both games and some flashes of play the THFC way gives us more hope.  I like a few others reckon 14 points can be gained from the next 6 games in the lead up to xmas.  We are not far of the top 4 pints wise.e
[/quote]

and we are not far off the bottom 4 either !!

Offline Metalanimal

That is true, I like to aim high though I would rather hope we reach top 4 than the bottom 4.

Offline Glenn R

Voice,
 Thank you for the Spurs history lesson I'm sure you had to go to your Programme Collection to get your information because you would have still been in your old man's ball bag in 1951.

Once again you show your limited intelligence by resorting to your normal adolescent insults, I would hazard a guess that nobody, either in your workplace or at home bothers to listen to you, so you have to use this site in order to be heard which results in us having to read your diatribe.
  Firstly, my age does not matter and neither should it, but what it should entitle me to is a little respect, something that obviously your parents didn't teach you.
  Secondly, I watch every Spurs League game home and away live, how you might ask, because I have satellite TV, which I pay for, (I live in Australia not at the South Pole) no matter what time it is played, so I probably watch more LIVE Spurs games than you, who more than likely has to watch a highlights package.
 Thirdly, I do not live in the past, they are great memories that I will treasure for the rest of my life, and I am perfectly aware of the anomolies of the modern game, I can also see, unlike you, that at the moment we are no closer to either winning the PL or the CL under the guidance of AVB than we were 20 yrs ago.
Finally, I am sick and tired, as I am sure are many other readers and contributors to this site, of being lectured by someone, who purports to know so much about Spurs, but in actual fact knows very little, and who has only been a member of this site for almost a month, unlike some of us who have been members from almost its inception. I have seen many members like yourself come and go, eventually good reliable members see through your type and cease to be impressed by your dialogue, hopefully it will be sooner rather than later.

:nods: :nods: :nods:

G’day sport,

I won’t comment on all your drivel as we will be going over old ground. Just to point out the hypocrisy within your rant.

By the way; there is a difference between watching a game Live as compared to “live” on TV. Which also explains your surprising criticisms of certain matches. Originally I thought you went to Spurs games; which confused me. Then I realised that you don’t; just watch the game from the angles you are forced to watch by the TV company. Maybe if you had actually seen “your spurs team” live rather than harking back to bygone days you might have said something intelligent and constructive. Never mind and G’day Bruce. Put an extra kangaroo testicles on the Barbie please.

PS another strike up for your rant with Spurs losing I would imagine?
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Glenn R

Nice to see you all get along.

Without differences and a few fans from afar it would be a dreary forum. We must welcome our Aussie mates; no matter how much cobblers they talk.  ;)
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do