SpursNetwork

"Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur"

"Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur"
« on: October 12, 2012, 12:51:27 PM »
Alright Everyone.

New user and thought I'd start off by asking everyone as massive favour. A life long Spurs fan (22 years) I've just been given the ultimate job at work of researching into Tottenham (A dream task). I work for a tv production company in North London, unfortunately too near Ars*nal to be worth shouting about and we are making a show on football fans and in particular chanting and singing on the terraces.
As a start I was just wondering whether there is a particular group of people amongst us all at White Hart Lan who come up with the chants. Mostly standing in The Park Lane with my Dad (when we manage to get tickets on our memberships, season ticket waiting list is still as epic as ever, can't wait for the new stadium to get up and running) I notice the crux of the singing stems from the mass in the lower tier but was just wondering if anyone knew/or were the certain individuals that create the songs!! Or whether they're just started by the odd individual and if funny or catchy enough become part of the song sheet? 
Any bits of advice or stories that anyone has would be amazing. For example, I heard rumours that the infamous Sol Campbell number was started by a group text?? (I never got the text so can't tell whether it is true.)

All the best guys

COYS

Taylor

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: "Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur"
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 01:40:13 PM »
Welcome to the site, mate! Hopefully someone will help you out with your request but other than that, just stick around and have your say!

:up: