SpursNetwork

Your thoughts on our 5-2 defeat at Ars*nal, and my short analysis...

Offline Blueandwhitemedia

• I am tottenham through and through
What are your thoughts on our 5-2 defeat to Ars*nal???

Our perfect start is what may of been the reason behind our downfall in today's fixture against Ars*nal.
when coming from a 2-0 lead and a perfect start to be shattered 2-2 within 30 mins, our confidence would be at roaring low and on the other hand the equalizer would of handed Ars*nal with a major confidence boost which in hand lead to their third goal resulting in a 3-2 first half.

And again or now lack of confidence and their confidence boost lead us to a traumatic 5-2 loss..

I believe that confidence was a major factor in today's game at the Emirates,

what are your thoughts?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 04:32:33 PM by Blueandwhitemedia »

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Your thoughts on our 5-2 defeat at Ars*nal, and my short analysis...
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 04:45:02 PM »
The problem was and is that some people (including our players) seem to think we are miles ahead of Ars*nal. While we have been in better form this season we really cannot expect to walk over the likes of Ars*nal and Chelsea. In my opinion we were over-confident and that cost us.

Blueandwhitemedia, you as a native speaker should really know that the correct form is 'may have been', not 'may of been'.  :)

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 04:49:36 PM »
The problem was and is that some people (including our players) seem to think we are miles ahead of Ars*nal. While we have been in better form this season we really cannot expect to walk over the likes of Ars*nal and Chelsea. In my opinion we were over-confident and that cost us.

Blueandwhitemedia, you as a native speaker should really know that the correct form is 'may have been', not 'may of been'.  :)
yes, a stupid mistake on my behalf there...

Offline Yiddite

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 08:49:29 PM »
Maybe over confident I think after being gifted the perfect start.
Then had the stuffing knocked out of us by half time and were playing like a beaten team in the second half.
Ars*nal and other  sides will be very  hungry for 3 points, not give up and will play to the final whistle.
Spurs have got to learn to do the same.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 08:57:24 PM by Yiddite »

Offline Derry-Yid

• Hero: Teddy Sheringham
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 11:54:33 PM »
A few things we learned from todays embarrassment:

1) We are not as good as we think we are.
2) Niko Kranjcar offers nothing to the team.
3) Ledley Kings days are clearly numbered.
4) Aaron Lennon has to start.
5) Up against a decent full-back, ie Bacary Sagna...Gareth Bale runs out of ideas.
6) Adebayor loses possession far to often.
7) We will be lucky to finish in the top 4

This is a s**t day!
"It's been my life, Tottenham Hotspur,
and I love the club."

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2012, 08:39:10 AM »

1) We are not as good as we think we are.
2) Niko Kranjcar offers nothing to the team.
3) Ledley Kings days are clearly numbered.
4) Aaron Lennon has to start.
5) Up against a decent full-back, ie Bacary Sagna...Gareth Bale runs out of ideas.
6) Adebayor loses possession far to often.
7) We will be lucky to finish in the top 4

This is a s**t day!
Agree above except lucky to finish top 4. We need to bounce back.

also,
8) Harry got our tactics badly wrong from start, and compounded them at 1/2 time. We had no width at all.

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2012, 10:20:19 AM »

1) We are not as good as we think we are. :nope:
2) Niko Kranjcar offers nothing to the team. :nods:
3) Ledley Kings days are clearly numbered. :nods:
4) Aaron Lennon has to start. :nods:
5) Up against a decent full-back, ie Bacary Sagna...Gareth Bale runs out of ideas. :nods:
6) Adebayor loses possession far to often. :-\
7) We will be lucky to finish in the top 4 :-\

This is a s**t day! :nods:

I agree with points 2-5 whole heartedly, and think that yesterday King, Bale, BAE, Krankjar, Adebayor and Van der Vaart had poor poor games. Your first point I disgree with as we are third on merit and over the 26 games we have played we deserve to be where we are, and your seventh point well if we play like that until the end of the season then yes you may well be right.

I also think that Gareth Bale needs to be a winger all this coming inside and playing through the middle malarky is detracting from his game, I can't remember the last time I saw him flat out attacking the full back on the left wing !!! Along with Lennon on the right side in the early part of the season they absolutely petrified teams but in the last couple of months since Christmas we seem to have abandoned this tactic to rely on Walker and BAE to give us width.
Sadly I think it is time for Ledley to hang up his boots as he seems to labour now when trying to get back into position and Walcott highlighted this all to easily yesterday, he is still a fantastic footballer but I fear at the level we are trying to achieve he is falling just short.
Finally and I believe this to be our biggset problem of them all is the fact that there is constant speculation about 'Arry and the England managers job which is unsettling the team in my opinion. Yesterday there was a big piece in one of the papers about how he was going to take Jordan and Bond with him etc etc... all pure speculation with no hard facts but I feel its starting to get to the players. To be fair to 'Arry he has said all along that his priorities lie with Spurs and he hasn't been approached by England, but every bloody interview the England position gets mentioned which must add pressure and frustration to all at the club let alone 'Arry and the players. In the interests of everyone I just wish that the FA would just come out and say 'Arry's our man if he wants it at the end of the season so thet 'Arry can accept or reject the bloody job and allow everyone to concentrate on the remainder of this season and hopefully achieve our best finish and hopefully an FA cup win. Even better 'Arry just come out and tell the FA to stick it and nail your colours to the good ship Tottenham Hotspur.....
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2012, 12:51:31 PM »

1) We are not as good as we think we are. :nope:
2) Niko Kranjcar offers nothing to the team. :nods:
3) Ledley Kings days are clearly numbered. :nods:
4) Aaron Lennon has to start. :nods:
5) Up against a decent full-back, ie Bacary Sagna...Gareth Bale runs out of ideas. :nods:
6) Adebayor loses possession far to often. :-\
7) We will be lucky to finish in the top 4 :-\

This is a s**t day! :nods:

I agree with points 2-5 whole heartedly, and think that yesterday King, Bale, BAE, Krankjar, Adebayor and Van der Vaart had poor poor games. Your first point I disgree with as we are third on merit and over the 26 games we have played we deserve to be where we are, and your seventh point well if we play like that until the end of the season then yes you may well be right.

I also think that Gareth Bale needs to be a winger all this coming inside and playing through the middle malarky is detracting from his game, I can't remember the last time I saw him flat out attacking the full back on the left wing !!! Along with Lennon on the right side in the early part of the season they absolutely petrified teams but in the last couple of months since Christmas we seem to have abandoned this tactic to rely on Walker and BAE to give us width.
Sadly I think it is time for Ledley to hang up his boots as he seems to labour now when trying to get back into position and Walcott highlighted this all to easily yesterday, he is still a fantastic footballer but I fear at the level we are trying to achieve he is falling just short.
Finally and I believe this to be our biggset problem of them all is the fact that there is constant speculation about 'Arry and the England managers job which is unsettling the team in my opinion. Yesterday there was a big piece in one of the papers about how he was going to take Jordan and Bond with him etc etc... all pure speculation with no hard facts but I feel its starting to get to the players. To be fair to 'Arry he has said all along that his priorities lie with Spurs and he hasn't been approached by England, but every bloody interview the England position gets mentioned which must add pressure and frustration to all at the club let alone 'Arry and the players. In the interests of everyone I just wish that the FA would just come out and say 'Arry's our man if he wants it at the end of the season so thet 'Arry can accept or reject the bloody job and allow everyone to concentrate on the remainder of this season and hopefully achieve our best finish and hopefully an FA cup win. Even better 'Arry just come out and tell the FA to stick it and nail your colours to the good ship Tottenham Hotspur.....

Very good post . Especially agree regards Bale / Lennon. We have lost all our width. And for the first time ever I felt embarrassed for King. Admittedly though he had not much help from BAE or Kaboul. Walker seemed the only player who wanted it in the second half.

Offline SleeK

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2012, 01:11:06 PM »
I agree with RSS61 on the tactics front, Harry got it wrong, plain and simple.

ugs
is spot on regarding the constant speculation. It has to affect all concerned at THFC. I hope this situation is resolved ASAP.

Unfortunately I also think the Kings days are numbered, but I hope he signs a new contract.

All in all I do believe though, that yesterdays game was just a bad day at the office. It'll be tough against the Mancs on Sunday but also the ultimate test of mental strength.

COYS!!!

Offline baldbloke

• Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2012, 05:47:01 PM »
My thoughts. After spending £51 pounds on a ticket, £17.45 on a train fair, god knows how much on Strongbow, VERY ANGRY TO SAY THE LEAST. In a week when a dear friend of mine died, I sold my dream car because I could no longer afford to run it, and the humiliation of players not even bothering to turn up, I was not happy.

Still sticking with 5th
AVB OUT, AND TAKE LEVY WITH YOU

Offline ShamN15

• Tott'narm N15-N17 Philip Lane
  • Hero: Modric
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2012, 06:00:46 PM »
that match got me stressed :'( , i couldnt watch me team get slaugtered i had to turn sky off, even though we were 2-0 up at the start, the goals were lucky. I just hope we dont play crap like that ever again the anger aint good for you :lol:
I'm a Tottenham Rider, Yeah you might see me in Ida

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2012, 06:44:42 PM »
I agree that the tactics yesterday were all wrong,

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2012, 04:37:47 PM »
This is the worse I have seen us play for a long time and I believe that Ars*nal wanted the points far more than us. I won't name names, there are too many to mention.

Losing on their own turf was never an option for them and you would have put your shirt on a win with  a 2-0 lead after 35minutes!! How wrong can you be? Anyway, the only way up is to win V ManU and all will be forgotten.

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2012, 05:31:57 PM »
This is the worse I have seen us play for a long time and I believe that Ars*nal wanted the points far more than us. I won't name names, there are too many to mention.

Losing on their own turf was never an option for them and you would have put your shirt on a win with  a 2-0 lead after 35minutes!! How wrong can you be? Anyway, the only way up is to win V ManU and all will be forgotten.

I fear a win against Man United may be problematic and I fear for our fragile confidence in this game especially if it starts to go against us, this is going to be our most difficult game of the season.

Man United may make or break our season............

:-\ :(
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline PaulInRome

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2012, 06:10:10 PM »
Come on everybody. I know it was a dreadful day but we're still 7 points ahead of the pack and we can get enough points out of the rest of the season to finish 3rd!  :nods: