SpursNetwork

Scott Parker

Offline Derry-Yid

• Hero: Teddy Sheringham
  • Season Ticket: No
Scott Parker
« on: November 13, 2011, 04:28:21 PM »
We're is all the doubters now!....we dont need him,he wont fit into our system,he's no better than what we have, some members were saying i recall.

What a player he is..immense...just what we needed,a player who is going to get stuck in and lead by example..totally unplayable now...first name on the team sheet every week imo.

A class all action midfielder and still unbeaten in a Spurs shirt and long my that continue.

A Spurs legend in the making :up:

"It's been my life, Tottenham Hotspur,
and I love the club."

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
Re: Scott Parker
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 07:07:39 PM »
And some credit for 'Arry for chasing him and getting his man.

Parker, Friedel and Adebayor could be the difference this season and who says 'Arry dosen't know what he's doing, can't hear all those voices slagging him off now.

Parker is a class act and seems to be improving with every match...... long may it continue !!!!

:coolsmiley:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline baldbloke

• Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 08:51:16 PM »
And some credit for 'Arry for chasing him and getting his man.

Parker, Friedel and Adebayor could be the difference this season and who says 'Arry dosen't know what he's doing, can't hear all those voices slagging him off now.

Parker is a class act and seems to be improving with every match...... long may it continue !!!!

:coolsmiley:

We needed him years ago. It's the first big club he has played for, and I would hope he is enjoying the winning spell.

Unfortunately I still know far to many so called supporters that hate Arry despite who he gets in or who we beat. I swear that if we won the league, the CL and the FA in the same season they would still want him out.
AVB OUT, AND TAKE LEVY WITH YOU

Offline Spurs218

• Hero: Zokora
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 03:44:28 PM »
Still worried that him playing is going to cost us Sandro, who is different class and will be world class.
Fair play to Parker though - been different class and sounds like he played well for England too.
"Any player coming to Spurs whether he's a big signing or just a ground staff boy must be dedicated to the game and to the club. He must be prepared to work at his game. He must never be satisfied with his last performance, and he must hate losing."

RIP: Sir Bill Nicholson

Offline 2guntex

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves, Pat Jennings,
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 07:03:49 PM »
we need him so much.

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2011, 11:44:21 AM »
he has proved me any many others wrong, I never thought he could play this good just what we needed.

Very valid point regarding Sandro he will be world class and we must keep him so Arry will have to use all his skills to keep Sandro at the lane.

Parker is making a hell of a difference Keep it up!
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline OL'BOLTY

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2011, 04:09:18 PM »
Seem to remember getting hammered on Spurs Community for suggesting, some time ago, that Parker was just what we needed.
I'd agree regarding Sandro and am wondering where Pienaar and Huddlestone (when fit) are going to get opportunities.

Still, I continue to  :dance: especially if we beat Chelsea!
EL PRESIDENTE

Offline pukekohespur

• Hero: Greaves
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2011, 04:30:44 AM »
Words fail me [almost]. Parker just gets better and better with each game. He's like a bloody guided missile in the tackle. So impressive, so inspirational. Mind you BAE's impersonation of Diana Ross was pretty impressive as well.
"Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is." Danny Blanchflower

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2011, 02:55:47 PM »
he's been truly excellent

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2011, 04:05:36 PM »
Such a solid player, firms up that center great signing

Offline scotspurs

• C.O.Y.S
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2011, 07:52:42 PM »
Still worried that him playing is going to cost us Sandro, who is different class and will be world class.
Fair play to Parker though - been different class and sounds like he played well for England too.
I think that staying at Spurs is the best option for Sandro, with Parker playing the way he is, who better for Sandro to learn from?

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2011, 01:34:35 PM »
Personally I think Sandro is creative enough to play in the same midfield as Parker, particularly if Lennon / Modric or Bale get injured.
The ones who will struggle to get a game I think are Piennar Hudd and Kranjcar. They are def not in Sandro's league.
Pay Sandro what he's worth and he wont be going anywhere.

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2011, 07:30:56 PM »
Personally I think Sandro is creative enough to play in the same midfield as Parker, particularly if Lennon / Modric or Bale get injured.
The ones who will struggle to get a game I think are Piennar Hudd and Kranjcar. They are def not in Sandro's league.
Pay Sandro what he's worth and he wont be going anywhere.
Huddlestone used to be but he is mostly injured which is a real shame.

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
  • Hero: Atiba Hutchinson/Jermain Defoe/Harry Kane
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2011, 01:53:11 AM »
Injuries can really slow one down. Look at what they did to Paul Stalteri when he was with Spurs - and he got hurt early. Never did quite regain his Werder Bremen Pokal-Meister year form and ended up back in Germany after a couple years (He's currently on hiatus from football, having a bunch of surgeries done). I'm hoping THudd doesn't end up in a lower league or even at a lower Prems club because of his injuries, but sometimes that's the way it goes.

That said, completely agreed about Parker. He's just what the doctor ordered for Spurs. I dunno, he just suits the style Spurs play. Heh, why do you think I want an avatar of the guy? :P

I AM CANAYIDIAN!
Proudly Canadian, Proudly A Spurs Fan