SpursNetwork

VdV Worried About Luka Going

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
  • Season Ticket: No
VdV Worried About Luka Going
« on: July 05, 2011, 12:04:14 PM »

Tottenham have returned to pre-season training – with Rafael van der Vaart admitting their two top stars might walk away.

Dutch ace Van der Vaart fears for the future of playmaker Luka Modric and Gareth Bale.

He said: “Luka and Gareth don’t play for money but to win something, and if they have to go to another club it’s their decision.

“If someone wants to leave it’s difficult to keep them. When a player is unhappy it’s not a good thing.

“But I hope they stay because they are fantastic and really important for the club.

“As a player, you want to improve every year but the important thing is to help the team. If we stay together we have a good squad.”

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy, furious at the nature of last month’s £22million bid by Chelsea for 25-year-old Modric, has vowed not to sell the Croatian at any price.

And boss Harry Redknapp said last night: “I was surprised by the figure. It’s a farcical bid. If they’re going to make an offer, make an offer – but £22m for Luka Modric is ridiculous.

“We wouldn’t put a ­valuation on him. He’s such a fantastic player, we don’t want to sell him. I think he can play in any team in the world, Luka’s that good.

“There’s no reason we can’t show the ambition ourselves. I’m not saying we can pay the wages of Manchester City or Chelsea, but we’ve got a great group of players and if we can add a few more anything could happen.

“Gareth will stay. He’s a great kid, improving and learning the game all the time and he’s coming on in leaps and bounds.”

Hmmm concerning words from VdV!!

THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
Re: VdV Worried About Luka Going
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 12:07:20 PM »
SSN saying Modric is having meeting with Levy today. I guess we will all know soon enough.

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 12:08:21 PM »
Positive from Beniot about his future though!

Another player who looks set to stay at White Hart Lane is Benoit Assou-Ekotto.

Quizzed about a possible summer switch to Paris St Germain, the 27-year-old Cameroon full-back told Sky Sports News: "I don't want to move to another club.

"If I have a good feeling with my chairman, I will stay.

"I don't have a reason to move, even to play in the Champions League. We can do it with Spurs.

"We have done it once already, so why not again?"

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 02:54:25 PM »
To be honest it's nothing more than an honest opinion by VDV, the media and the likes of us will just keep hyping and hyping the situation until something happens.

Both Levy and Redknapp have said they are not selling our best players and Levy has put it in an official club statement on the 18/6/2011  ending it with "We now consider the matter closed", so lets get on with the hoping and praying for some new signings and a good start to the season.

Although there has been a lot of negativety towards Levy and Redknapp as far as I'm concerned neither of them have done the club any wrong in my eyes so I'm prepared to sit and wait to see what happens in the next few weeks !!!!!

:)

‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline pukekohespur

• Hero: Greaves
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 09:15:36 AM »
Not happy that the Chelsea banker has moored his yacht [which is probably the size of a small country] off the coat of Croatia.
I feel a wooing of Modric could be hitting overdrive.
"Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is." Danny Blanchflower

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 10:33:35 AM »
Latest word is Modric is today going to demand a move to Chelsea! he only signed a 6 year contract with us a few months ago!

if this is true then contracts are worth f**k all !

Offline taimedowne

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2011, 01:00:03 PM »
If Carrol is worth £35 million then Modric must be worth 40. We are obviously going to lose Modric if the rumours are true, but if that's the case we should make Abramovich's eyes water a bit. The problem will be keeping the rest of the squad in line after the sale. Levy's statement looked solid but it seems it was built on sand. Player power rules now and as we cannot hope to match Chelsea's wage offer we are looking to be in deep trouble. Although to be honest we are between the devil and the deep blue sea. If we offer Modric even more money they will all want the same. If we let him go after saying that we wouldn't it sends out a very poor message to the rest of European football. We will be looked at as a selling club and all our players will have the sharks circling. 

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2011, 01:50:21 PM »
Couldnt agree more, if we are forced into selling Modders by the demands of the player then the second a big offer comes in or a players head gets turned regardless of the contract all players will be off!

150k per week we cant match that! if this happens next up Bale!

If modders goes Thudd and Sandro in the centre for us?

Offline Derry-Yid

• Hero: Teddy Sheringham
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2011, 03:10:56 PM »
Tottenham Hotspur's Luka Modric is expected to hold talks with chairman Daniel Levy to discuss his future - and will be told he is not for sale.
The midfielder has been linked with a move to Chelsea, who have had a £22m bid for the Croatian turned down.
BBC Sport understands that the 25-year-old could meet Levy as early as Wednesday evening.
Modric recently hinted he would welcome a move to Chelsea, but Levy responded by insisting he was "not for sale".
More to follow.
"It's been my life, Tottenham Hotspur,
and I love the club."

Offline Spurs218

• Hero: Zokora
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2011, 03:24:50 PM »
Tottenham Hotspur's Luka Modric is expected to hold talks with chairman Daniel Levy to discuss his future - and will be told he is not for sale.
The midfielder has been linked with a move to Chelsea, who have had a £22m bid for the Croatian turned down.
BBC Sport understands that the 25-year-old could meet Levy as early as Wednesday evening.
Modric recently hinted he would welcome a move to Chelsea, but Levy responded by insisting he was "not for sale".
More to follow.

What a s**te article. How the f**k is that news? This happened two weeks ago.
"Any player coming to Spurs whether he's a big signing or just a ground staff boy must be dedicated to the game and to the club. He must be prepared to work at his game. He must never be satisfied with his last performance, and he must hate losing."

RIP: Sir Bill Nicholson

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2011, 05:51:31 PM »
Whats the betting player power wins!

Though in an ideal world, modders would say "ok Mr Chairman I will honour my 6 year contract with THFC and give it my all to help THFC achieve its ambitions and I will be a part of the success"

Instead its likley to be "I want a move to chelski where I can win things, its a dream move for me and Spurs cant compete with them on the level of my personal ambition, if I do not get the move I will not put in effort or perform and I will loose re-value"

Levy " f**k it i'll take 25 mill then"

Offline taimedowne

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2011, 07:14:22 PM »
Well apparently it's all going on as I type this. We will no doubt know something by the morning.  I doubt it will be good news and the repurcussions will no doubt dent our hopes for next season. I also fear that if Levy caves in Harry may well walk to. Which may please some of you, but before you hang the flags out, ask yourself which top manager will want to work at a club who cannot hold on to it's best players and whose chairman is all mouth and no trousers.

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2011, 08:20:49 PM »
Levy has said again that Modrić will not leave. Full story on Sky Sports.

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2011, 12:42:37 AM »
Seems like Levy is standing firm, f**king awesome!

Now lets hope Modders has the honour and respect to put his all in playing for us!

Its seems like Levy has kept his word and Modders is not going anywhere!

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2011, 08:48:17 AM »
I sincerely hope Modrić won't pull Berbastard on us.