SpursNetwork

The clear-out begins.

Offline Derry-Yid

• Hero: Teddy Sheringham
  • Season Ticket: No
The clear-out begins.
« on: June 01, 2011, 04:50:59 PM »
Tottenham's Wilson Palacious will discover in the next 48 hours if he has secured a £7m move to Napoli.  Palacios has fallen out of favour at White Hart Lane following the emergence of Brazilian midfielder Sandro.

The Honduran international has also struggled with knee problems, but he is determined to get his career back on track and Napoli, who have qualified for the Champions League, are keen to strengthen their squad.

Palacios arrived at Tottenham for £12m back in January 2009 and was a star performer at White Hart Lane in his early days at the club but he has failed to produce that same form in the last 12 months.

Reports in Italy suggest Tottenham will give Napoli a decision over his future by the weekend and it is expected that a deal will be finalised.

Palacios said: "The next few days will be key for my future. There are advanced negotiations but I will await news from London."
"It's been my life, Tottenham Hotspur,
and I love the club."

Offline Spurs218

• Hero: Zokora
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: The clear-out begins.
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 04:56:25 PM »
If he does go then best of luck to him  :up:

Will never forget how he treated the club when his brother died.

Thanks Wilson, wouldn't have got fourth without you.
"Any player coming to Spurs whether he's a big signing or just a ground staff boy must be dedicated to the game and to the club. He must be prepared to work at his game. He must never be satisfied with his last performance, and he must hate losing."

RIP: Sir Bill Nicholson

Offline Holtspur

• Hero: Ricky Villa
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 05:25:07 PM »
Palacios has been brilliant for us. He provided the steel and help turn the club to being gutsy as well as stylish. Wish the guy all the best - he will always have a warm welcome should he ever return to grace our hallowed turf

Offline Spurs218

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 05:32:36 PM »
Sure would  :up: Top bloke.
"Any player coming to Spurs whether he's a big signing or just a ground staff boy must be dedicated to the game and to the club. He must be prepared to work at his game. He must never be satisfied with his last performance, and he must hate losing."

Offline Derry-Yid

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 11:45:12 PM »
 Tottenham midfielder Wilson Palacios' mooted switch to Napoli is on the rocks after the Italian club admitted negotiations have stalled because of the potential transfer fee.

The 26-year-old had been close to a move to the Serie A outfit after slipping down the pecking order at White Hart Lane last season.

Napoli have confirmed their interest in the Honduras international but sporting director Riccardo Bigon claims they are not happy with the amount of money Spurs are demanding.

"Wilson interests us a lot," Bigon told Tutto Napoli.

"But negotiations have stalled for now.

"Tottenham are ready to sell him outright, but they want a lot of money in order to let him go.
"I've spoken with his agent as the player is currently on holiday.

"Everything should become clearer in seven to 10 days' time. Let's wait and see what happens."
It is believed the Italian side are offering around £10million, but Spurs paid Wigan £12million for him in 2009 and they want to recoup that.

and I love the club."

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 04:40:55 PM »
What on earth is Levy taking ? If you buy a car for £10,000 run it round for 3 years and then try and sell it for £10,000 people would quite rightly think you were nuts. Same with footballers, Palacios has given us good service, he is now surplus to requirement  and 3 years older. If he can find a club that wants to give him regular starts and we only lose £2 million on the deal I woud say thats a decent bit of buisness. He basically cost us £700,000 a year plus wages and helped us to get millions from the CL. We should accept Napolis offer and send sgt Wilson off with our best wishes. 

Offline Derry-Yid

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2011, 11:45:56 PM »
We should accept Napolis offer and send sgt Wilson off with our best wishes.

Exactly!
and I love the club."

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2011, 10:38:20 PM »
What on earth is Levy taking ? If you buy a car for £10,000 run it round for 3 years and then try and sell it for £10,000 people would quite rightly think you were nuts. Same with footballers, Palacios has given us good service, he is now surplus to requirement  and 3 years older. If he can find a club that wants to give him regular starts and we only lose £2 million on the deal I woud say thats a decent bit of buisness. He basically cost us £700,000 a year plus wages and helped us to get millions from the CL. We should accept Napolis offer and send sgt Wilson off with our best wishes.

Ah but certain cars increase their value as soon as they hit the limelight or are driven away, Levy's thinking that we have made him a household name so.............

8D
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline pukekohespur

• Hero: Greaves
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2011, 01:16:45 AM »
Best of luck Winston. Hopefully the confidence will return at another club.
Same with Bentley, O'Hara and Keane. All deserve a new start.
The one that hurts is Nico. Class player  but seems it ai'nt gonna happen at Spurs. So all 5 deserve a break and we should thank them for their time with us.
Bring in Parker and a quality proven striker,. Get some new knees for Ledley.
Hide Modric away over the transfer season so no one can get to him. Better still get him to grow a beard and change his name so no one recognises him
Hey we could almost be there. Oh and tell VDV to get some distance work in over the summer and stop enjoying himself on some beach with his missus.
"Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is." Danny Blanchflower

Offline pukekohespur

• Hero: Greaves
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2011, 09:10:18 AM »
And Jenas to QPR. Gareth will you be transferring loyalties as well?
"Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is." Danny Blanchflower

Offline baldbloke

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2011, 10:29:06 AM »
Palacios has been brilliant for us. He provided the steel and help turn the club to being gutsy as well as stylish. Wish the guy all the best - he will always have a warm welcome should he ever return to grace our hallowed turf

Lets of steel, but very little skill I am afraid. I remember him saying we were a stepping stone to Barcelona, as if  :ohyeah:
AVB OUT, AND TAKE LEVY WITH YOU

Offline Holtspur

• Hero: Ricky Villa
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2011, 03:22:50 PM »
Fair point, but at the time he joined us we were playing like fairies. I think his steel added to Hudders game and we are no longer a push over. Palacios has a lot of grunt and grit about him that refuses to give in - that has rubbed off on the team and we have come back from so many situations where we have fallen behind. Be interesting where he ends up.....unless he's already gone? (forgive me but I have been away myself)

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2011, 10:59:40 AM »

Offline Spurs218

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2011, 11:06:12 AM »
Told ya  ;) Best of luck to him  :up:

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2011, 01:40:43 PM »
If O'Hara is sold for 5M and Jordan Henderson for 16M (insane), then surely Napoli can do better than 7M for Palacios.
He's strained his left adductor muscle it says. Whats that then ? Do we all have those or just footballers ? I wonder how mine are ? *courtesy of taimedowne*