SpursNetwork

Could it be back on ?

Offline baldbloke

• Season Ticket: Yes
Could it be back on ?
« on: March 24, 2011, 05:49:54 AM »
From the official site
----------------------

The Mayor of London has today (Wednesday) announced that a Mayoral Development Corporation is proposed for the area including N17 in the London Borough of Haringey.

Daniel Levy, Chairman, commented, ""We have been in dialogue with the Mayor's office and we welcome this announcement. We are, however, clear that this should only be considered a first step towards attracting private and public sector investment to an area which is one of the most deprived in London.

"There are still many details to be set out and clarification to be given as to what benefits this will bring for Tottenham.

"Whilst we look forward to playing our part in the MDC, we firmly believe the inclusion of greater fiscal incentives, additional to those mentioned in the announcement, is needed in order to attract and retain businesses, enable viable developments and to create employment in an area which has low land values and the highest number of job seekers in London.

"I should also add that, in respect of our own new stadium plans, we continue to review our position and to investigate all possible options."
AVB OUT, AND TAKE LEVY WITH YOU

Offline Holtspur

• Hero: Ricky Villa
Re: Could it be back on ?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 07:02:52 PM »
Well I hope something happens soon as its all gone very quiet. clearly, we need a bigger stadium and the NDP looked good. The wasters at Karingey need to get on board first though. Fingers crossed. ;)

Offline YidJoe24

• Jermain Defoe is Yiddo
  • Hero: David Ginola
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 03:15:17 PM »
I was gutted to hear that we wouldn't be doing the NDP, so I really hope this is back on!!  :D
"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aimin low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."

"If you don't have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can't claim to have done your best"

Bill Nicholson

Offline Holtspur

• Hero: Ricky Villa
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 07:05:42 PM »
Just heard that the Board have asked for an explanation from the Olympic Legacy Commitee's rationale behind their decision to award the site to the Hammers. Apparantly, such a move is made before an application is made for a judicial revue. Heaven help us! As far as I know, this process can go on for ages, wasting precious time in getting the future sorted. Cynically, Haringey Council have lambasted the club over this development again - but they still wont budge over their stance over the NPD which looks fab. I know most fans dont want to move away, but I wish Levy can sweet talk Haringey into relaxing the obstacles so that we can look forward to better times ahead. I do feel for Levy, he's buggered if he does and he's buggered if he don't! Does anyone think Levy is doing this to prompt Haringey into positive action?

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 07:33:37 PM »
cant see it