SpursNetwork

'Arry - End of an era?

Offline Holtspur

• Hero: Ricky Villa
'Arry - End of an era?
« on: April 02, 2011, 06:08:44 PM »
As per my posts after yet another pathetic result, I commented on BigV's shout "Harry out". I said there is an ever increasing clamour of similar sentiment. Look at these posts I just copied and pasted from SkySports on the Wigan/Spurs match report:-

Grant Harris (Tottenham Hotspur fan) says...
I really cant wait for Harry to get this England job so that he gets out of spurs. 0 wins against the bottom 4 clubs in the premier league isnt good enough. Mainly down to the teams and formations he picks and the players he has brought in and others he failed to bring in. He reallly is just a WHEELER DEALER. His other faults are showing too much favouritism towards players such as defoe who is just simply not good enough. Well done Harry, just cost spurs 4th place and just goes to show what a fluke last season was. Man city would of got 5th if they didnt sack Hughes but they will definately get it this season thanks to Redknapps mistakes.

Posted 17:35 2nd April 2011
Jermain D (Tottenham Hotspur fan) says...
well done harry, yet another poor poor poor team you decided to pick. utterly pathetic. a manager like Pep Guardiola would be astonishing. the style and players he would bring to our club is incredible. plus he always knows what team to pick. harry, vdv right and modric left? well done mate

Posted 17:33 2nd April 2011
John Bishop (Tottenham Hotspur fan) says...
Hanging on for a point against Wigan?! Absolute terrible result which has all but confined us to the Europa league. Well done boys hope ur proud of yourselves no point going to the bernabau on this showing. Disgraceful

Posted 17:32 2nd April 2011
Harry Dennis (Tottenham Hotspur fan) says...
if we don't make top 4 no1 but harry can take the blame. look at the teams he has put out on certain games. he talks about balance all of the time yet in these teams there is none at all. take today for instance. he plays vdv on the right and modric on the left. clueless! why didnt he play pienaar on the right and krancjar on the left with crouch and vdv upfront. im soryr but if we finish 5th harrys to blame. we could easily be alreayd be in the top 4 quiet comfortably if harry decided to pick the right balanced teams. we need a right back and striker desperately

'Nuff said!

Offline d1nkys

Re: 'Arry - End of an era?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 06:34:28 PM »
Wouldn't argue to much if that was the case to be honest.

Another manager can come in and take over with a more tactically astute mind. A top class manager who is proven or a fantastic managerial talent like Owen Coyle, i'd like to see.
White Hart Lane = Home Of Football

Offline bigv

• Hero: Ledley King
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 06:52:34 PM »
Cant see where this managerial genius coyle has gained his reputation! I dont think harry is getting the best out of this squad and lets face it this is his job. I have been accused of knee jerk comments before but dont care! Champ league run is flattering us. I just hope that the powers that be at the FA dont realise this and appoint someone else.

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 08:19:40 PM »
I don't want Redknapp gone. I do feel that against Wigan he got the team wrong. It's easy to sit here and say that I think he got it wrong when I'm not responsible for the decisions. I cannot understand leaving Kranjcar out today. I really can't. If not Kranjcar, then Pienaar should have been on the left. VDV was all over the place today on the right, but I understand why he was there. Lennon wasn't fully fit and Bentley is out on loan. I cannot understand why he would put Modric on the left though when we have other players who can play in that position as an actual winger. It would have been fine if we had Lennon on the right, but using both Modric and VDV as wingers in my opinion hugely underestimated Wigan.

I'm not going to just turn on Redknapp now. This has been a poor season in the PL for us, but we're in the champions league quarter-finals. Today I think he got it wrong. Some of our other bad results recently were bizarre. We've had so many matches this season where we've had an unbelievable number of shots on target and bizarrely not won. I say we should take this for what it is... We're not going to finish in the top 4, but we're still just a handful of players short of being the team we all want to see. Some frustrating results lately, but we still have reasons to be optimistic.
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline Holtspur

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 08:33:42 PM »
A mate of mine just called and unsurprisingly, he has picked up on another forum that fans are now turning on Redknapp. An interesting point was made that, Spurs have a better chance of holding onto the likes of Bale, Lennon, Modders and Hudders if there was a change at the top - at least a new broom, hopefully a known name, would instil some confidence in the cream of our players that we may qualify for the CL and therefore not leave us in the summer. Otherwise, its another false dawn and they will see that and be off playing CL next season with someone else.

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 08:55:55 PM »
I think it's very harsh to be talking about sacking Redknapp. I'm still pissed off that we didn't get 3 points from Wigan today, but I don't think we can say that because we barely made it into the Champions League this season, that's now the required expectation every season or the manager is sacked.

To even be expecting to finish in the top 4 shows how far we've come. During the transfer window we all agreed that we need players to compete and we didn't get them. We might not agree on the players or which position, but I think we all feel that we need to make additions.

We're all entitled to our opinions, but I suggest we be a bit patient here. We've all endured enough Spurs inconsistency in our lives to be able to tolerate at least one season where we're not quite where we want to be. Especially considering where we are in the Champions League currently.

I know it's unlikely, but what if we completely smash Madrid, 0-3 on Tuesday? Are you still going to want Redknapp out? I understand the frustration. I've been in a foul mood all day today, but I don't think we should turn on Redknapp.

:spurs:

"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline Holtspur

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2011, 11:20:14 PM »
Wise synopsis ASF. Maybe we all had knee jerk reactions after 90 minutes. It reminds me of a mate of mine who's a Villa fan. Last season he and his fellow mates were calling for O'Neill's head as things weren't going right and I recall saying to him, "look what he's done for you - just because you have slipped a little you want him out". Kind of rings a few bells here.....................but still feel so f**king frustrated lol. I do think that Harry has to wise up and get his selection right as he is bathing in some premature glory and maybe getting complacent. I like ASF's 0-3 situation, naturallly, but cant really see it. It would be so cruel to even get passed Madrid, and dare I say it Barca to a final and then blow it. In reality, the CL has been s fanastic adventure and have loved every minute of it - I'm just frustrated that the emphasis has been on that competition rather than the EPL where quite frankly, we should have been in a very comfortable position now - just think, add back the points dropped against poor opposition in just the last 4 matches and see where we would be in the league - its scary when you compare to where we are now, and the opportunity blown away. City are 3 points ahead on the same games played. They play tomorrow at home to Sunderland. If they win, they leapfrog Chelsea into 3rd, leaving us 5 points behind the Chavs with only 8 games left - and it could, nay, should have been so very different with us sitting pretty. All this talk of "its been a funny season" should be to our advantage to capitalise on with Utd and Co being off colour - instead we have fallen into the trap of using it as an excuse - an astute coach would have made hay while the sun shines as such a season is unlikely to be repeated. Another automatic CL berth would have made us an attarctive proposition for some of the worlds top players, as well as keep our top players, that would have helped us be a CL regular - but I fear its an oppotunity lost and thats my frustration. But, I, as we all, have had a lifetime of frustration and never fulfilling our potential - as my mate says "always the bridesmaid"!

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2011, 11:36:26 PM »
I blame it on are 9-1 win last season lol. Everybody thought we would smash Wigan again this season. Er I don't think so a 1-0 loss and a 0-0. We've always done poor agaist teams at the bottom, which this season it even tighter down there. Roll up your seevles lads and bring on the next game.

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2011, 05:02:02 AM »
WTF na na na we shouldnt be even thinking of sounding Arry out, come on lads wake the f**k up!!

Where we as a club have f**ked up over the years is failing to stick by a manager for a period of tiem when it gets rough, as a club we have been so desperate for success its always the manager that gets chopped before they have even warmed up their seat, some rightly so, others not.  There is no quick fix for success unless you do a Chelski!

I have concerns about Arry such as:  Sticking by his personal favourites when they are not the best option for the team, snubbing players (who do the biz and add to our team) due to personal reasons, f**ked up team selections and tactics which have cost us big this season, head turned by the FA for the England job and his open comments about accepting it, as good as saying come and get me, his focus and priority of this seasons CL over the EPL (though I think that comes from higher up) and finally flapping his double chin in the media way too regulary!

But look how far we have come, how players have bonded and developed, as a team the never say die and coming back from behind with loads of self belief.  The last 4 games have been utter wank, we have been poor but are still in with a shot of 4th.

I am certain that if we got shot of Arry we would loose key players, if we fail to get CL footi next season players may leave and maybe Arry too!  Then what ????

Do I trust our club in the transfer market???...... no!!!! is this down to Arry??? no!!! we have paid OTT fees for random players that we didnt need and failed to sign needed players for ages its just now this season it has cost us!

We have a right to be f**ked off and feel let down by Arry and the team but turning on either aint gonna help in the slightest not now at this point in the season!

Get behind the team and get behind Arry our season aint over yet lads, 8 games left and still in the CL the character of both the team and Arry ability is now to be tested for real and it will show just how far we have truly come and I am telling myself we can do it!

THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Holtspur

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2011, 07:56:22 AM »

I am certain that if we got shot of Arry we would loose key players, if we fail to get CL footi next season players may leave and maybe Arry too!  Then what ????

Totally agree with most of your sentiments metal, especially about losing key players if we dont make the CL again - so why the f**k is 'arry pissing about? Doesn't Levy see it? We have probably only two games left in the CL to boost the coffers, short of a miracle, so surely another run in the CL makes financial sense as well from a cashflow perspective (plus keep the share price up - am speaking as a shareholder who is putting his money where his mouth is)? Surely, 'arry knows we will lose the key players, plus fail to sign key additions we so desperately need, if we fail to make the top 4! Its back to the wilderness for a few years unless you think someone can persuade the likes of Bale, Lennon, Hudders and Modders to stay and get much wanted talent in (a strike force would be useful!)

Offline pukekohespur

• Hero: Greaves
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2011, 09:11:38 AM »
This week we play in one of the biggest games in our clubs long and proud history. We are there primarily because of Harry.
No he is not the only reason but he certainly is the main reason.
As others have said our failure to win recent 'easy' games plus three goaless draws is frustrating. Defoe's form is frustrating. Our injury list is frustrating but the one thing we should not consider doing is getting rid of Redknapp.
Two seasons from laughing stock to top 8 in Europe. Redknapp's critics need to wake up.
"Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is." Danny Blanchflower

Offline millers-tach

• Hero: Steve Archibald
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2011, 01:04:36 PM »
We fans are a mental bunch. I know the results havent been good but you only have to look around and see the inconsistency  from the other 'top' teams to realise it isnt easy to win games.

Getting rid of Arry would be football suicide and a disgrace. We are in a league that money matters and we compete with teams far more financially powerful than us, this is likely to be the case for a few more years yet.

If we dont make top4 then we will need harry more than ever. We have him to thank that we are even allowed to have thoughts of winning things and competing. Its like everyone has forgotten what most of the last 20 years has been like.

Nobody can tell if changing a manager is a good idea or not as if you make the change you still really dont know if the last guy would have turned it around. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but when other fans accuse us of being fickle it is embarrassingly true.

Forums give people a voice to cry everytime we dont win but get a f*ckin grip we have no given right to win every week, neither do Arse,City or the chavs its called football.

Before we know it would could have another Christian Gross on our hands......great.

Offline Holtspur

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2011, 07:08:10 PM »
City 5 sunderland nil. Season over, 'Nuff said.  :'(

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2011, 08:38:27 PM »
I cannot believe I am seeing this thread here. Bloody unbelievable. Changing managers and squad like socks would not get us far. We've seen it in the past more than often. Calm down, Holtspur.

Offline Holtspur

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2011, 02:25:58 PM »
Am calm Riff.................just sometimes think I am the only one without the rose coloured specs on. The City result yesterday just about sealed it