SpursNetwork

...from the Lane

Offline Shameus

• Hero: Dave Mackay
  • Season Ticket: No
...from the Lane
« on: March 01, 2011, 07:31:08 PM »
Apologies folks if this has been done to death, I was just wondering how people felt about the possiblity of leaving WHL? For me it would be heartbreaking. It does remove our soul I feel. This is where we've operated for 100 years. That famous photo for example of Bill Nick and Jimmy Greaves walking into the ground; Bill Nick with that look on his face, those brilliant moments will somehow have less meaning for me.

As I said apologies if this subject is spent for the time being.

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
Re: ...from the Lane
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 08:27:36 PM »
I would prefer to stay and see it redeveloped if viable, but our past cant stand in the way of our future mate we need a bigger ground sooner rather than later,I would love to stay at WHL if it is possible.

THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline baldbloke

• Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 05:24:06 PM »
Apologies folks if this has been done to death, I was just wondering how people felt about the possiblity of leaving WHL? For me it would be heartbreaking. It does remove our soul I feel. This is where we've operated for 100 years. That famous photo for example of Bill Nick and Jimmy Greaves walking into the ground; Bill Nick with that look on his face, those brilliant moments will somehow have less meaning for me.

You can't do a subject like this to death, it's to big. I feel I am quite objective and reasonably flexible.  I would continue to attend the games anywhere in North London, and in actual fact was for the idea of ground sharing with Ars*nal when they built the Emirates. I would not however EVER attend another Spurs game if they moved out of North London. We have spent to many years slagging off Ars*nal for what they did all those years ago for us to do the same thing.
AVB OUT, AND TAKE LEVY WITH YOU

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 02:43:02 PM »

You can't do a subject like this to death, it's to big. I feel I am quite objective and reasonably flexible.  I would continue to attend the games anywhere in North London, and in actual fact was for the idea of ground sharing with Ars*nal when they built the Emirates. I would not however EVER attend another Spurs game if they moved out of North London. We have spent to many years slagging off Ars*nal for what they did all those years ago for us to do the same thing.

Bloody sound point there fella! I was up for us having the Olympic stadium as it would be a hell of a land mark in the sports world and an arena to be proud of though taking us away from home.  I didnt like for one bit and it would have really put gravel in my s**t if our name changed, that for me would have been like the end of teh club I had supported since I was 5!

I am still hoping somehow we will re-develop WHL or do sumin close by, I know the pounds are stacked against that though!
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!