SpursNetwork

Self-Doubting Gomes

Offline RAOUF

Self-Doubting Gomes
« on: December 04, 2010, 05:18:07 PM »
It does seem our keeper always look nervous against hurly burly teams. Just before Birmingham's equaliser, he became so hystrionic. I have not got great faith in him. He  seems to spread anxiety in the team
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 05:22:50 PM by RAOUF »

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
Re: Self-Doubting Gomes
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 06:29:32 PM »
his lack of Zen-like calm at the fatal moment may have something to do with him being smacked in the gonads about 60 seconds before the goal...

apart from that Gomes has been as commanding as any other GK in the Prem when it comes to bossing the box..

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2010, 06:47:41 PM »
his lack of Zen-like calm at the fatal moment may have something to do with him being smacked in the gonads about 60 seconds before the goal...

apart from that Gomes has been as commanding as any other GK in the Prem when it comes to bossing the box..

Lol yes it would be tricky for any of us to be fully concentrated so shortly after a whack like that. I dont envy the physio for having to treat him , anywhere else but a sports field you'd get done for offending public decency. 

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2010, 07:27:12 PM »
It does seem our keeper always look nervous against hurly burly teams. Just before Birmingham's equaliser, he became so hystrionic. I have not got great faith in him. He  seems to spread anxiety in the team

Still can pull off top quality saves when we need him!
COYS!

Offline pukekohespur

• Hero: Greaves
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2010, 07:41:51 PM »
Get off his case. The man is a legend. Along with Bae it proves that you can have eccentric nutters in a team and still do well. Love them both.
"Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is." Danny Blanchflower

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2010, 10:46:47 PM »

How is this possible? You said something without slighting one of our players and I agree with you. All in the same post.

I thought Gomes put in a good performance today. I don't think he would have saved that goal even if he wasn't speaking like he huffed helium. I don't think any other keeper would have either. It was hit with power and directed low from a short distance into the corner.

They deserved the goal and the point.
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2010, 10:58:38 PM »
He has good/bad games. Lets hope for more good games.

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2010, 12:03:51 AM »
All the best goalies are known to be a little on the eccentric side as this helps with playing between the sticks. Gomes took one for the boys today and was unlucky for the goal other than that I thought he had a good game. HIs top quality saves far outweigh his errors so theres no need too worry too much at the moment, mind you he may be walking very gingerly tonight !!!!

:D
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2010, 03:27:56 PM »
Gomes is a top drawer keeper, many slated him when he first joined when he was settling, many could see this guy would be a legend for us and he has been.

Everyone has on off day, Gomes earns us more points with his super saves than he does lose us points from random errors!

Bottom line, lay off he is quality!
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!